I Can't

If You Dont Mean It

"Anneyonghaseyo"

You bowed the lowest you could go before gracefully lifting your head up to face the camera infront of you that was on record mode with the FNC President and your fellow bandmates behind the camera with the rest of the crew.

"I'm ______ of RockCandy" You said emotionless, straight to the camera.

You had never been in this recording room of the company building. The walls were dull and the lights almost too bright.

"I'm here to announce my decision to demote myself from the position as leader of RockCandy"

But it wasnt your decision; at all.

"I will remain as a member of RockCandy as lead guitarist" You stated plainly, "But I will no longer be leader"

You looked the President as you finished the lines you were given to say for the video.

"Cut!"

Sighing heavily, you avoided all eye contact with everyone in the room. You werent ashamed of what happened; you were just tired of seeing all their faces.

"Ollette!" The President called out, "Get ready to introduce yourself as leader"

You quickly paced out of the room, not wanting to see Ollette boast at her promotion that she only earnt by default. Out of the rest of RockCandy, you didn't think she deserved the position. Not because your personalities clashed but because she didnt possess a single skill of leadership.


Beep!

It was probably the millionth time that your phone had vibrated and rung; even after logging out of your twitter, facebook and other SNS sites; you were still being bombarded by relatives and friends about your recent 'decision'.

It wasnt your choice to be part of the orchestrated relationship with Minhyuk and neither was it your choice to have the cameras recording the moment you revealed the relationship between you and Yonghwa.

You picked up your phone as it vibrated again whilst in your hands. You clenched your fist, squeezing the life of it before aiming and firing for the door of the RockCandy practice room; the sound of the touchscreen glass shattering, echoing in the room.

You had locked yourself in there as soon as you left the room where you had recorded the video. You couldnt leave the company building, way aware that there would be a range of saesang fans, SweetTooths and everyone between, waiting outside, ready to get a piece of you.

You were told that you were 'on your own' by the company. That you had to manage the problem you had caused by yourself. This wasnt the kpop star life that you had ever anticipated.

You hadnt seen Minhyuk since the day you choked on that illfated piece of melon. You were cautioned not to, thought you didnt plan on seeing him anyways. As for Yonghwa, he was cautioned not to see you either; but you knew Yonghwa and you knew that he wouldnt leave you, especially not at such a time as this.

But at this quiet moment, as afternoon began to set in, you were alone. At times like these, you'd usually pick up your guitar, and sing along to some mainstream english songs, or you'd try playing bass to some classics, sometimes, you'd even attempt to play the drums. Right now, you didn't want to do anything.

You knew that becoming a kpop star meant that you'd have to sacrifice alot of things, except you didnt thing it would cost you your own free thought and feelings to such an extent.

"Who am I kidding?" You said to yourself as you turned your head to the left to face the wall sized mirror of the practice room, "We're still rookies; practically nobodies"

Another sigh escaped your chest whilst you rose to stand up and get better look at your reflection,

"Is it a crime to love?" You asked out loud, looking above, "It isn't wrong to be with someone that you want to be with, rather than someone you're forced to"

You continued to speak out loud; whether or not people were listening, you spoke your mind.

"I never loved Minhyuk the way that it was made out to be" A tear fell from your eye, "Those words, those hugs, those kisses; I didn't mean it..."

A sense of frustration filled you, and more tears began to fall,

"And if you don't mean it-" You cried, "You shouldn't be forced.. You shouldn't be made to feel a specific way... it's not right"

A single applause echoed from the door of the practice room as you finished your honest, heartfelt vent. Hurriedly, you wiped away the tears to hide the face that you were crying; the fact that even you, could be weak.

"...Why didn't you say that in front of the cameras instead?" Yonghwa slowly crept into the practice, sensitive to the situation,

You stormed to face him, a slight tone of anger in your voice,

"Did you think that I could?!" You cried, "I lost my position already! I can't lose my job completely!"

Yonghwa approached you completely in a calm manner, taking your trembling hands into his own,

"But you wouldn't lose me" He drew you into an embrace, as if he knew what you were going to do next,

"Is this what I get for being with you?..." You dropped your front, crying into his chiseled chest, "Why didn't you warn me? Why did you let me go this far?!"

your hair, Yonghwa whispered towards your ear,

"You said it yourself... No one can force you to feel one way or another" He whispered, holding you tighter, "I can't stop you from feeling the way you feel about me... And I can't make myself stop loving you"