Jealous Twin

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

Update update >.< Sorry for once again being late... Here's a new update for you, readers who are (hopefully) still reading my stories. I didn't know how to make a happy ending with Nicole being together with the twins, so I tried my best! I promise you guys that the next update will have happy ending, I've been writing to many sad one shots (. _ . ') Bbcare, I really hope you like the story and please do comment on how it is. Your feedback would be awesome :D Hope everyone enjoys it, don't forget to comment!~ 


 Requested by: bbcare 

 Characters: Tasty & Nicole (KARA) ft. Sunggyu 

Who knew I would be jealous of you, out of all the people in the world.

Soryong knew he should be happy for them, but the intense feeling stabbing his chest was unpreventable. Seeing the smiles on their faces when they told him, he just wanted to wake up from this horrid nightmare that he could never get out of.

“We’re getting married.”

He remembered how happy their voices were when they said it together, the shining rings that displayed on their hands. It had matching silver bands while the male’s had a few small diamond lined up while the female had a big diamond centered with a few smaller diamonds next to it. They were holding each other’s hands, taking quick glances at each other as if they were students who secretly admiring each other rather than being engaged. He smiled widely that his gums and teeth shown, congratulating them, placing down his glass of water that he was drinking in the kitchen. But in fact he hated it; he just wanted to burn the memory of it.

Why was he surprised? They dated for 5 years already with not a single sign of breaking up and his brother even asked him for some advice about this decision. But still in the end, he ended up being surprised? Why is that? He laughed at himself for being so delusional to think she would reject Daeryong’s proposal. The bitter tears rolled down his cheek after thinking about it more, the first rain drop from an incoming storm.

“I guess we’ll be spending more time with each other, brother in law.”

Her gorgeous pearly eyes turning to two moon crescents, a wide smile pasted on her lips as she cheekily bumped his shoulder lightly. Her actions made his stomach flutter while the last three words made his heart sting. He always wanted to hear those words from her but not with that title. Just when he was about to say something, the male that looked exactly like him but with blonde hair pulled her into a back hug and whispered something in her ear that made her blush. A deep frown carved inside him, but he covered it up with a laugh, thank god he had decent acting skills.

 

“You look gorgeous, it suits you so well.”

The white gown that trailed a few inches down on the floor, it was tight enough to reveal her perfect curves. Her snowy white shoulders were exposed beautifully, not a single hint of a y feel or her trying too hard to be. His eyes were fixed on his twin that was holding her soft small hands in his, expressing his happiness towards his soon to be wife, who did the same. He knew he should be glad that he got the chance to see her in the dress first, together with his brother but his jaw stiffened, not allowing him to talk. But the thing her knew for sure was that she looked stunning.

 

“Yah, Cole-ah.”

He called out in the empty house that echoed his sweet voice, but not a single reply was heard. Grabbing his sandwich that he just made in the kitchen, he entered the living room where the TV was found on. A chuckle escaped his lips as soon as he saw a familiar figure lying on the couch, a slight bit of drool was apparent. Quietly placing his sandwich on the coffee table, he approached her to hear a low growl from the female. He smiled, knowing she would be hungry since she’s been dieting to fit her dress. His arm nudged her shoulder, making her stir around.

“Daeryong-ah.”

With that name escaping her soft lips, the smile was wiped off his face and was replaced with a deep thin line. He pulled his arm back and walked away to get paper to make a quick note before leaving.

I’m going to go out for a while. Made you a sandwich since I heard you were hungry.

-Soryong

 

Now he was standing on the side lines, watching his worst nightmare turn into reality. The priest stood between the male and female that looked perfect for today, not a single thing out of place. They probably weren’t really listening to the older male talking, just staring at each other’s eyes. The people below them, friends, relatives, and family, dressed up nicely and listened while obvserving at the soon to be married couple.

“Anyone that objects to this marriage, say I”

He bit the inside of his cheeks and held onto his right hand that was itching to rise up. From the corner of his eyes, he spotted multiple of heads turning around checking to see if anyone was going to say anything. His blue tie started to choke him, causing him to force a cough out so he could swiftly loosen his collar.

“I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife.”

The bright cheers screamed in his ears as he stared on at the couple, who was now locked in a tight kiss. A mess of congratulations were yelled in the chapel that it sounded like an alien language was spoken. People were standing as they clapped their hands together, a bright smile on their faces. Unlike him, only a small smile on his face and hardly any contact with his hands.

Once the couple released each other from their kiss, hand in hand, they walked down the aisle and went through attacks of confetti. As they continued to walk down with smiles on their faces, he stared at her back that was getting further away. Seconds passed, her back was now disappearing faintly till he could no longer see her.

 

“I’ve got to hand it to you; I thought you were going to say something during the vows.”

He stared at his suppose friend, who had a beer in one hand while the other supported himself as he leaned against the bar counter. The tint of pink was painted onto his cheeks, confirming he was close to drunk. His friend took a few more sips of his drink as he stared on, as if waiting for an answer.

“Shut up, Sunggyu. I don’t need your comfort,” the twin shot a cold glare, turning his body towards the bar, even though he doesn’t feel like drinking.

Instead of backing off, Sunggyu placed an arm around the latter and smiled, “Oh come on, don’t be mister grumpy pants. Tonight is the night where you drown away your sadness, plus you have an excuse for getting a hangover.”

The unattractive stench of beer made his nose crinkle; he could already feel the pre-vomit crawling up his throat. Harshly shoving the almost drunk male off, he got up before growling, “Get your stinky breath away from me, I’m leaving.”

With those words said, he walked through the crowds of people that were dressed up for the occasion and happily celebrating with each other, unlike him. He just wanted to get out of this hell as soon as possible. Dodging every person in the way, just when the exit was in his line of vision, he could smell a sweet familiar scent of perfume coming closer towards him and tug on his arm.

“Oppa, where are you going?”

Just hearing her sweet voice, it captured his immediate attention. Shifting his body towards the female, he titled his head down at the short female even though she was wearing high heels. Her pearly black eyes stared at him like a confused puppy.

Feeling slightly awkward, he rubbed the back of his neck and lied, “I’m not feeling so well so I’m going back home first.”

A cute pout formed on his glossy pink lips, wearing a face of disappointment, “Jinja? You sure you can’t stay any longer? We didn’t get to spend a lot of time with each other since there were too many guests to greet.”

“Mianhae,” he cracked a small smile, ruffling her hair but not hard enough to mess it up that much. “You guys have fun, after all this is your guys’ night.” That I don’t want to be part of.

Sighing in defeat, Nicole smiled and wrapped her hands around his neck. Pulling him into a tight hug, of course on her tippy toes, she whispered softly into his right ear, “Thanks for staying by my side for all these years; it really means a lot to me. If you need anything, I’m always here for you. After all you’re still an important person to me.”

He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and responded back, hiding the sadness in his tone, “Yeah, but not as important as Hyung.”

“Both of you are important to me, you know that,” she said, pulling away from their embrace that he didn’t want to end. Her sparkly eyes stared at his, as if she was waiting for him to say something or respond back. “I hope you get better, tomorrow I’ll call you ok?”

“Ok,” but I rather you don’t he simply nodded before bidding her a goodbye, watching her get farther away once again. She was now in the arms of a mirror image of him, except it wasn't him but someone else. His eyes continued to watch as the male wrapped his arms around her petite waist and pulled her closer towards him, allowing him to plant a soft kiss on her forehead. Dam, you Daeryong he cursed at his brother. 

A deep sigh escaped his thin lips as he made his way out of the building and into the packed, dark parking lot. There were a few girls that were walking back to the building, probably forgot something back in the car and went to get it. A trio of girls dressed in long matching blue dresses that slowly faded to become ocean blue, passed by him. He obviously felt their stares daggering his back, he was used to it.

“Hey isn’t that Soryong?” “Yeah, he’s the perfect twin!” “Omo, he’s so handsome!~” “I heard he’s smart, handsome and rich!” “Wahh!~ He’s got everything doesn’t he?”

They probably thought he couldn’t hear him, but their loud whispers were audible making him smirk at them. Not once did he look back at them, but continued to make his way towards his silver jaguar sports car. The car beeped at the push of his fingers on the keys, alarming everyone that it was now open. Pulling the front seat door open, he slowly sat inside and heaved the door shut, trapping himself in the closed off space.

He pushed his keys into the gauge and turned the engines on, pushing his right foot onto the gas pedal and now off onto the quiet streets. His dark chocolate brown eyes on the road in front of him, there was not a single thought going across his mind. If there was a picture to symbolize his thoughts, it would be a blank piece of white paper. Suddenly, the voices of the three girls taunted him with their words repeating in his head. He coldly laughed at himself, remembering their words. 

Soryong had the perfect looks, girls flocked over him even when he didn’t try or wanted them to. His family would always tell him that his looks were more refined than his older twin brother, but he never really acknowledged it. After all they were identical twins, how can you really compare? He had the grades and money. Ever since middle school, he always had top grades so it wasn’t a surprise for him to be a head of a top company once he grew up.

He does everything but one thing –the person he loves.

He pulled over to the side and flipped his emergency head lights on. Resting his head against the leather head rest, Soryong gazed at the blackness in front of him. The pain injected in his chest felt like a puppet master strangling the life of one of his dolls. The additionally feeling of guilt didn’t help out at all. He knew he was supposed to be at the party, celebrating with the others but he couldn’t. It just hurts too much.

His wavering eyes looked at the empty seat beside him, where she would always sit every time she would hitch a ride during their school years. Soryong would sit in the back seat as punishment for always losing to rock paper scissors with her.

“Why do you guys hang out with me?”

Her sudden question caught him off guard; he almost forgot to stop at the red light. His twin was sleeping in the back, tired from sleeping late after playing hours of video games. Soryong’s uncertain eyes glanced at the female, deciding whether to take this question seriously or not.

“Well,” he begun to answer, clearing his throat, “you are sweet, caring, beautiful, and natural. You aren’t like those other girls who act around us just to get close to us for our money and looks.” A grin spread across his lips naturally as he said, “You are one of a kind.”

Once he saw the light turn green, his foot pushed down onto the pedal and they were now moving again. While he was driving, his eyes quickly glanced at her to see her reaction. Even though it was just a second, he easily noticed the bright red color bursting on her soft cheeks. It was cute.

Swallowing his laughter, he asked, “Why are you asking?”

“I was just wondering, because you guys are just so perfect unlike me. It just feels so unreal to be able to be best friends with you two,” she shyly explained. “I love you guys.”

Hearing those words from , he felt the warm butterflies in his stomach. But then a sudden splash of disappointment hit him. She meant something different from what he wished she meant.

Cracking a small smile, he replied back, “We love you too.”  

On that day, he realized she couldn’t love them equally. Out of him and his brother, she was going to love either one of them more. No one could love someone equally, there’s always going to be one side that receives a bit more love than the other.

“I’m going to win your love.” That’s what he told himself. Every day, he would always take good care of her and look out for her. If anyone hurts her, he would always be there to help, sometimes along with his twin. Whenever she was alone, he would always go by her side. He was her buddy that would always be there if she needed someone to talk or let out her feelings. She was always his first priority with the exception of his family.

But in the very end, it wasn’t him. It was never him.

Tears threatened his eyes, breaking the barrier and streaming down his cheeks. His fist hit the steering wheel in anger; the tears blurring his vision.  Resting his arms against the wheel, he pressed his face against his arms as he cried.

“Dammit,” he cursed lowly at himself.

Slowly adjusting his head to the side, he looked at the seat beside him. The vision of her was now engraving in his mind. The same sweet smile where her eyes would turn into moon crescents and her white teeth being visible, as her long black hair was styled naturally down her shoulders. His arm unconsciously reached forward to touch nothing but thin air. Pulling his arm back, Soryong’s eyes were now droopy and hair a mess.

“You better take care of her.”