Love of Blogging

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note 

Hey guys, omgcake here! Finally updated after a long time keke.. After this one shot, I might focus a bit more on my other stories for a while since it seems like I've been neglecting it a bit. I hope you like it, vthmai. It's a bit predictable but I tried to made it somewhat cute and romantic(?) since I wanted to create a small twist but I've been throwing out too much sad endings lately so for a heads up, it's a happy ending!~ (Spoiler Alert) I really hope you guys like it! 


 Requested by: vthmai 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & Luhan (EXO-M) 

    “Perfect.”

The quiet snap whispered from her phone, saving the beautiful picture she just took. It was just 6:30 and the sun was slowly coming up, just when she was walking. Examining it, the yellowish orange that brightened the clear blue sky but it was only a half of the sun. Taping on her screen, she began to type. Once you found that person, you want to share everything you love, soon I will too. Clicking on the post button, she smiled brightly and continued to walk down the hard cold sidewalk.

Going to her inbox, she clicked on the first message she saw.

From: HanHan103

For a few days now, there’s been a girl that has caught my eyes. She’s nice and caring, by doing thing quietly without anyone noticing. Should I talk to her, even though she doesn’t seem to like me? Should I confess?

Hitting the reply button, she rolled her eyes at how cowardly the male was acting. Has he not read any of her posts?

Even if she doesn’t seem to like you, at least try to approach her since you may never know what’s really hidden behind her skin. Please look at my recent post to understand. Fighting!~          

Sliding the classroom door, it probably wouldn’t matter if she opened it loud or not for the chatter in the room would hide it. No one greeted her, but it didn’t bother her; she was used to it. Keeping her head down, she memorized the trail to her desk that was located in the back of the room near the window, how she liked it. Whenever she got bored during the lesson, there will always be something outside to entertain her, be it a butterfly or a trail of smoke made by a passing airplane. Once reaching her desk, she placed her handbag on the side hook and took a seat.

Beside her desk was a group of girls that could be labeled popular, with their dyed, stylish hair and makeup that would follow the most recent trends. They talked loudly, which made her annoyed, loud noises never agree with her. She would always think about telling them to be quieter, but she knew that they would just look at her and ignore her. Giving up she would listen to what they say, it may sound rude but it wasn’t her fault that they were that loud for her to hear.

   “Hey did you read the recent update on TweetyGirl?” one of the girls asked.

   “Oh,” the blonde hair girl raised her hand, “I did! The post was so simple but direct!”

   “I know right!” another girl chirped. “Oh, but I wish I was lucky enough to find my match quickly like how TweetyGirl did with that other guy.”

All the girls nodded in sync, agreeing strongly. Nicole just smirked at them, finding their conversation fairly interesting. You don’t just wait for love; you have to look for it. That was the most recent post on TweetyGirl and it seems they didn’t understand it or read it. Liars and fakes are always the worst she thought. She knew better after all she was TweetyGirl.

She was the popular blogger that gave tips and helped others get together. Rather ironic how she never been in a relationship even though she was labeled as The Experienced online. But being quiet doesn’t mean she doesn’t know what’s going on. She would examine and observe others, pointing out their mistakes.

   “Annyeong!~” a bright voice greeted the classroom.

Everyone greeted him no doubt; he was always in the center of attention in the crowd. Being handsome, smart, nice, rich, and friendly, he was the perfect boyfriend, except no one takes him seriously because of it. I mean who would believe a person like him would like them, they would think it’s just a joke or dare. His advantage was actually his biggest flaw.

   “Good morning, Luhan Oppa!” “Luhan, did you watch the basketball game yesterday?” “Good Morning!~”

Everyone responded to him except for her, it wasn’t like he would hear or care if she did or not. She heard him getting closer to the group of girls but to be stopped by the loud sound of the bell. Feet were shuffling against the wooden floor and chairs being pulled out, the classroom was finally silent when the teacher opened the door. Class was now in session, pencils hitting papers went in sync with the voice of the teacher. Hours passed and school was finally close to over, books were being closed and things being packed in school bags.

   “Can someone help write down the attendance for me today?” the teacher announced loudly, but no one answered since they were too engrossed in their own conversations.

A soft sigh escaped her pink lips; she pushed her way through the students that were standing in the path between the desks. Coming closer towards the teacher, she raised her hand up in front of him so he could see her. The teacher smiled towards her and handed her the folder.

   “Gomawo, Nicole-shi,” the teacher said. “Now all we need is one more person, I don’t want you to work alone.”

Shaking her head, Nicole opened but to be interrupted by a male that she did not want to work with the most. “You need help with the attendance?” She turned her head at the dirty blonde haired male, who was staring at the teacher, not even taking a glance at her. She wanted, for the first time, for him to notice her. At least glance at her face to know that she didn’t want his help.

   “Ah Luhan-shi,” the teacher clasped his hands together. “You could help Nicole-shi with the attendance.”

   Nicole could sense glares darting behind her head by the females in the room; she tried to snatch back the folder that was taken by him. “Y-you don’t have to help me you know,” she tried saying it the nicest tone she could create. She hates attention.

   “Wae?” Luhan finally shifted his gaze directly at her with a look of an innocent boy that was oblivious to what bad moves he had just done. “I have time after school so I’ll stay and help.”

Her mind raced, trying to find any possible excuse for him not to help her. I don’t want you to get sick? No, she doesn’t even look the least bit sick. I have cooties? What is this, the 3rd grade, she mentally slapped herself. I want to be alone, so please just go back and hang out with your friends? That sounds too mean. Before she knew it, the bell rung and students shuffled out of the building, happily meeting up with their friends or went home.

   The clattering sound of desks being moved and his voice interrupted her train of thought. “Don’t just stand there, let’s get started,” he gestured her, clicking the top of his black pen. He sat down, taking out the papers inside the folder in a neat stack.

   She hesitatingly sat down, just looking at him with unsure eyes. He probably sensed her awkwardness and fixed his deep chocolate brown eyes at hers. “What’s wrong?”

   “Don’t you want to go hang out with your friends?” Nicole asked him, as if she was hoping for him to not help. Well hopefully it didn’t seem so obvious. “I heard the group of girls near my table that they were going to go karaoke.”

   Shrugging his shoulder, he had a face that didn’t seem to careless. “Karaoke isn’t my thing,” Luhan simply replied.

   Taking a pen out of her black pencil case and clicking it, she took a sheet from him and began to write. Nicole scoffed, “Then what is your thing?”

   “I don’t know, maybe helping I guess?” he scratched the back of his head and leaned against the back of the wooden chair. “But it hasn’t gotten me far since I haven’t obtained that person just yet.” No kidding, she didn’t want to be mean but it was true. “’You don’t just wait for love; you look for it,’ that’s what I’m doing right now.”

Nicole stopped writing and looked at him with eyes wide open as if she saw a ghost. He reads my posts? the thought of it seemed impossible, let alone being real. Noticing her reaction he sheepishly laughed at her, cheeks burning light red.

   “Yeah I know it’s weird, a guy like me reading TweetyGirl’s posts,” he awkwardly laughed. “But I want to know how to treat a girl right.”

   Nicole smiled sweetly, happy to hear that from a guy, “Don’t worry it’s not weird, I think it’s sweet.” There was an dead silence between them as they stared at each other, it only ended when Luhan forcibly cleared his throat.

   “So,” he swayed his arm in the air,” enough about me, why do you like being alone so much? Do you hate me or something?”

   Caught off guard, Nicole quickly looked down at the papers beneath her nose and began to write what they were supposed to do in the first place. “There’s no reason, I like the quietness,” she explained, gradually getting softer. “Who said I hated you?”

   “Chincha?!” the relief in his voice, like his life was on the line if answered wrong, was obvious. “Thank god!”

Nicole couldn’t help but laugh at his reaction, her eyes turned into moon crescents and lovely sound of laughter filled the classroom. Luhan blushed and looked down at his lap, embarrassed. He picked up his pen and continued to write the attendance.

   “Yah,” he tried to coolly shoo the moment away, “stop laughing. We have to finish this, remember.”

Taking a deep breath now, she smiled and nodded before picking up her pen to start on writing. But she didn’t notice him grinning to himself during the silence, only the sound of their pens hitting the papers. Minutes passed and they were finally done and began packing their things up.

   “Nicole-shi,” he called her, getting her attention.

   She lightly smiled at him and said, “You could call me Nicole, we are classmates after all.” Talking to him, Nicole became more comfortable around him. Even when thinking about it, she couldn’t believe it herself either.

   Luhan smiled and nodded, “Nicole, can I see your phone?” The look of puzzlement on her face was cute, he chuckled and assured her, “I won’t do anything to it, relax.” He took the black iPhone in her hand and punched in a few buttons before giving it back to her. “My phone number, when you’re ever bored just text or call me.”

   “And if I don’t?” she asked, teasingly.

   Lightly hitting his shoulder with hers, he played along, “I’ll start stalking you if you don’t.”

   “Stupid,” Nicole giggled at his silliness, which he smiled back at her.

They chatted down the long hallways until exiting school grounds and going their separate way home. Nicole took out her phone from her bag and looked through her messages on her blog. Her eyes browsed along each message but stopped at the same account she responded to this morning.

From: HunHun103

Thanks to your advice, I got the chance to talk to her today and she doesn’t hate me!~ :D Wish me luck!~

She smiled at the message, happy that everything went out good for the male. Walking down the streets, there were only a few students still roaming around the stores. Her feet stood planted in front of the stop light, waiting patiently for the light to let her walk across the street. With her attention on her phone, she didn’t hear the shuffling of feet behind her until a sudden push popped her bubble. Looking over her shoulder, she found the same group of girls that always hangs around her desk staring at her with a heavy gaze.

   “We have to talk.”

 

Whistling happily to himself, Luhan continued to walk down the side walk, not caring for those that were staring at him. He stopped at the sudden ringing from his cellphone; taking it out from his pocket. Reading the caller ID he was a bit puzzled and slowly pulled his phone towards his ear.

   “N-nicole?” There was a loud buzz until he heard a female voice, but it wasn’t hers.

   “Don’t even try yelling if you don’t want to get hurt.” “Make sure she doesn’t try to run ok!?” “Yea~”

   Then he finally heard her voice, trembling and tint of fear, “Where are you taking me?”

   “We are going to talk at our favorite place, next to the river,” following the sentence was a loud cringing laughter, then the call ended.

Pulling it away from his ear, his eyes stared at the now out screen and rushed his way down the streets of Seoul. His feet hitting against the hard floor, he took a few short cuts; luckily he knew some. Arriving in front of the only river in Seoul or close to them in just a few minutes, his eyes hurriedly searched the area to find a group of girls in their school uniform.

   “Don’t even think you’re all that.”

His head swiftly turned to the sound of the vicious language, spotting the group of females that he would talk with in the morning surrounding one girl, Nicole.

   “Yah!” he yelled loudly, hoping for them to hear him as he grabbed the cement railing, “What do you guys think you’re doing?!”

All the females’ heads swiftly turned in sync with all their eyes with glint of fright but one with a smile of relief. He ran down the hill towards the area the girls were, the thoughts of what could possibly happen frightened him enough. Pushing through the females, he took Nicole’s arm in his grip, as if he wasn’t going to let her get out of her sight. Luhan’s eyes examined her from head to toe; making sure not a single scratch was inflicted on her. Thankfully he came right on time for anything serious to happen.

   “O-oppa, we could explain,” one of the females stuttered nervously. The other females nodded in agreement, each of them sweating in the inside. “We were just having a little chat,” another one tried to explain with lies.

   Glaring at them harshly, he said, “Shut the lies already, I know that you guys were threatening her and were most likely going to hurt her.”

   “You b*tch!” a tall girl snapped, reaching her hand to grab Nicole’s hair but was stopped by a sudden slap by the male. “Ouch!” she yelped in pain, holding her hand.

   “Don’t even dare touch her,” he growled at the girl, who was shuttering in fear. Now pointing at the other females, Luhan grinned evilly, “I suggest you guys to leave out of my sight or I’ll make your ugly faces even uglier.”

In a second the girls dispersed, running out in the speed of light before yelling back, “You now Oppa!~”, “What happened to the normal Luhan?!”, or “I hate you!”

   Rolling his eyes at them, he turned his attention to the female in his grip with a gentle smile, “Are you ok?”

   Hesitatingly, she nodded and gave a faint smile, “Yea, I’m glad you got my phone call.”

   “I’m glad a received it,” Luhan lightly chuckle and caressed her soft white cheeks. “You sure you’re alright?”

   She pushed his hand away and gave the brightest smile she could muster, “I’m fine, don’t worry.”

   Luhan sighed, giving up early so he wouldn’t lose too much energy. “How about I’ll walk you home?” He watched as her head nod and finally her sparkling eyes met his.

   “That would be nice.”

 

In the minutes of walking together, they talked if nothing happened earlier. Luhan knew the girls said something to her; the smile on her face when she laughed seemed halfhearted. Finally reaching her house, the two stared at each other in silence, not knowing what to say. The sound of leaves blowing along the wind and the cars zooming past them filled the silence until she decided to say the bye first. Just when Nicole pushed the front gate open, creating a creaking sound, she was pulled by a strong tug. She now found herself in the school’s prince’s arms, locked in a warm embrace.

   “Thank you,” he said in a soft comforting voice.

   Easing up a bit, she wrapped her arms around him and smiled, “For what? I should be thanking you.”

   “Thank you for trusting me.”

   She felt her cheeks heat up, quietly responding, “I just knew that you would be the only one to stop them, that’s all.”

   He kept one of his arms on her waist while used the other one to pinch her cheeks. “You don’t need to lie to me,” he smiled at her, who pushed his hand away and cutely pouted. “I like you.”

   Her eyes widened at the sudden confession, she began to question herself if it was just a dream or a voice talking in her head. “Bwoh?”

   “I like you,” he said slower with a shy smile on his face.

She opened to reply but suddenly closed it, remembering the horrid voices of the girls before. “You’re nothing.” “He’s just being nice towards you because you’re a loner.” “Don’t get a big head.” “No one likes you.”

   “Stop,” she looked down, using all her might to pull him away from her and successfully did. “I don’t need your pity.” Nicole took a quick peek at Luhan, who was slightly bewildered and hurt, but she bit her lip and dashed into her house before muttering, “Bye.”

   He stared at the door that was just shut, whispering to himself, “So they did say something to you.” Turning around, Luhan started to walk his way home.

 

   “Hmm..”

She slowly rose up from her covers and stretched her arms, looking at the surroundings around her. Dazed, Nicole ruffled her hair and got up from bed to get ready for the torturous hours of school. Shuffling her way to the bathroom, she washed up and stared at her reflection. Her fingers traced the puffy areas that were around her eyes; crying yesterday probably wasn’t the best idea. Sighing in defeat, she twisted the doorknob open and opened up her closet to grab her uniform to get dressed. After a few minutes of changing, she grabbed her backpack and walked downstairs to cook herself a fast breakfast.

Ting!

With her warm toast finished, she placed it in and went to the front door to place her black converses on. Nicole unlocked the door and the cold morning breeze hit her skin, she shivered. Closing the door behind her, she started to walk her way to school. On her way, she took her phone out to look through the messages she received on her blog. But a sudden splash of disappointment hit her, she shook her head.. What are you thinking, he won’t message you. Clicking on the only message, it was from the male before.

From: HunHun103

I also have something to tell you…

I love you.

Once you found that person, you want to share everything you love, soon I will too.”

Want to share that with me?

Scrolling down, there was a picture of the other half of the sunset, her favorite spot. Ending the message, it was signed “-Luhan.”

   Her eyes and mouth widened, staring at the message in disbelief. Then she sprinted to the only spot in her mind. Running hard, she was already breathing heavily and soon she reached the spot to find a familiar looking dirty blonde haired male, leaning on the railing as he admired the sight in front him. Her feet made a fast halt, now standing in front of him, she gave a low greeting. “How did you know?”

   Hearing her sweet voice, he turned around with a wide smile on his face, “I have my ways.”

   She breathed in and out, hoping to calm her heart; like it ever will. “Why?” she questioned. “Why is it me?”

   Luhan laughed at the question, feeling slightly embarrassed when questioning himself. “You’re not like the other girls, who pay attention to their looks and try to get everyone to like them,” he explained. “When I was walking to a store nearby, I saw you looking at a homeless dog in a small box and ended up taking it home with you. After that, I realized you were in my class so I started keeping an eye on you. That’s sort of the reason why I always go the group of girls near your table to talk.” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as he continued, “You would always quietly do small tasks that would help out the class, it really showed you’re caring attitude. Plus you have an amazing smile.”

   Hearing enough, she closed the gap between them, locking her lips with his. Luhan was shocked for a moment but quickly recovered and responded back. She pushed away and blushed madly before saying, “I love you.”

    He hugged her tightly, his warm body pressing on hers. Smiling he whispered sweetly into her ear, “I love you too.”

I finally found that person…