One Step Closer

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

Annyeong!~ I'm back with a quick one shot. I think this must be my shortest one shot so far :P Maixee I really hope you like it, I'm sorry if it may be plain >.<  Don't forget to comment on how you like it, (I don't think I need to remind you, afterall you are one of my best commenters/subscribers) <3

I'll be trying to get to the rest of the requests as soon as I catch up with my other updates so please be patient for the next update! (You guys are always patient anyways :'>) 


 Requested by: maixee 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & N (VIXX) ft. Kara4 

            Sneakers squeaked against the dance room floor, flowing along with the music from the speaker of the music player at the end of the dance room. The four girls were definitely exhausted by the hours of continuous practicing, their uneven breathing and sweating foreheads made it obvious. One of the staff members in the back was videotaping them on a chair, monitoring each for carefully. When the music was close to ending, the girls stood together and posed until the music died down. Once they saw the staff member closing the camcorder, the four fell onto the floor in exhaustion.

   “When do you think we will get the results from the CEO?” one of the oldest girls, yet young looking asked her friends.

   The goddess looking female pushed her hair behind her ears and shrugged, “Who knows, but I hope it comes soon. I can’t wait anymore.”

   “I know me too!” the 2nd youngest agreed, she had bangs and a pretty smile.

   The foreign female, also the youngest, took a gulp of her water and swallowed it before answering, “I don’t really care, as long as we get good results right?”

   “You’re just saying that because you’ll miss your little boyfriend right,” the oldest dongseong, pointing at the now blushing female.

   “Aniyo,” her dongseong defended herself, even though it won’t do her any good, “I just want us to get good results! We’ve been training for a year already; I just want us to debut together finally.”

   Nudging her, she looked at her short Unnie, who was flashing a cheesy smile. “Now you don’t have to go on lying, we understand. You don’t want to be away from your man,” she teased along with her same aged friend, who nodded with her.

   “Come on guys, stop teasing her!” the 2nd youngest gestured them, and lowly said, “What if she actually does have to break up with him?”

The two older girls looked at each other and gathered around their youngest dongseong, giving her a tight hug as they apologized to her. But she knew they didn’t mean any harm, after all they would always say that so she never took it seriously. She patted both of her Unnies on the back, telling them it was ok but the sound of the dance room door opening interrupted them.

   The four immediately lined up and bowed, “Annyeonghassyeo, CEO-nim.”

   “Annyeonghassyeo,” the male in a black suit replied with a smile, “I have good news for you guys.”

 

Her long black hair swayed with the wind while she walked down the streets of Seoul. She pushed her black scarf towards , trying to create some warmth to her freezing face. Passing the crowds of people on the streets, she came up to the familiar place that she could always find him, Jellyfish Entertainment. It was a few blocks away from DSP headquarters so she didn’t mind coming over even though he was constantly bicker at her for doing so.

Going up the steps, she pulled the glass door open and entered the warm building. She greeted the front desk, who were familiar with her already, and entered the elevator. Checking herself in the elevator mirror, she fixed her hair and clothes neatly. Once the elevator reached the floor, she walked down the hallway and went towards a door. She wrapped her hand around the knob and slowly opened it; scared she might interrupt their practicing and stuck her head inside. It seems like the males were on their break, a few were lying on the floor or sitting on a chair while the others were practicing near the mirror. Looking around in the room, she tried to find her target, who was standing next to the fan with his back turned against her. She entered the room and quietly greeted the other males while gesturing them to be quiet as she tiptoed the latter.

   “Hi!” she yelled, wrapped her arms around the latter’s waist.

   He jumped a little and turned around to see who did that. “Oh, it’s just you Nicole-ah,” he sighed in relief, patting his chest. “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

   Nicole pouted, disappointed to his lack of reaction and reply. “I brought food for everyone and I don’t get a reply back. I’ll just give everyone else theirs not yours.”

   “Yeah that’s fine with us.” “More for us then!” “Cole-ah you don’t have to worry about N, he’s a bad guy!” He heard his friends comment on Nicole’s threat, not surprising at all.

   N glared at his friends, “Don’t tell her such lies!” He turned to face Nicole, showing an apologetic face, “Mianhae, I won’t do it again. What are you doing here? I told you to call me so I could get you if you’re coming.”

   “It’s fine Oppa, I know you’re busy practicing like everyone else,” Nicole assured her over protective boyfriend. “I just need to tell you something later.”

   “Arraseo,” N replied, he suddenly heard his stomach grumble. Sheepishly smiling, he saw a beautiful smile on his girlfriend.

   "But first, you must eat,” she pulled him along to the wide table at the back of the dance room and gathered the rest of the members to eat.

 

   “Annyeong!” the couple bid their goodbyes to their friends as they exited the dance room.

Their hands were locked together, walking side by side down the long hallways to the elevator. The latter pushed the close button in the elevator, watching as the doors slide together. There was a dead silence between them, which was not normal. He obviously sensed it; his eyes were locked at the female standing beside him who was looking at her feet.

   “So,” he began, “what did you want to tell me?” Noticing the way she bit her lip and the uneasiness gaze in her chocolate brown eyes, he attentively listened.

   “I’m finally debuting.”

Again a dead silence flew between them but was interrupted by the bell sound from the elevator, alarming them that they have arrived on their floor. N pulled her out of the elevator, now standing in front of the elevator that was slowly closing. Their eyes finally met each other, not a word was spoken.

   “Congratulations,” N happily cheered, a big smile forming on his lips that seemed slightly forced. “I know where to celebrate it!” He dragged her out of the building without letting her say a word.

They walked down the crowded streets of Seoul, pressing through the numerous of people walking by. The breeze now turned into strong wind blowing against their faces. Suddenly stopping, N took off his gloves and placed it on Nicole’s. He saw opening, ready to object towards his actions.

   “Don’t worry, I’m fine,” he assured her, silencing her quickly. He knew that she already had knowledge of how determined he is, so she didn’t bother to retort anymore and obediently wore his gloves.

The two continued to walk down the streets, taking turns from time to time. After a few minutes had passed, they reached a small temple. There were a few people heading up while others were coming out from it. With the row of trees at the front entrance and the bright colors standing out, it didn’t look like it was something built over 40 years ago. The couple carefully walked up the stone steps and entered the temple, greeting a few monks.

   “Why are we here?” Nicole quietly asked him, as they walked towards a large statue of Buddha.

   “Of course to pray for success and for our wish that we made together, remember?” N replied to her, looking up at the statue.

A small smile formed on her pink lips, the remembrance of their dream once they started dating made her heart tingle inside. She nodded and stood beside him, clasping her hands together. He did the same and the two closed their eyes, praying their hardest. The two bowed simultaneously, opening back their eyes and looked at each with a smile.

   “Oppa what are you doing?”

N smiled at her cute girlfriend, pulling her closer so she could see what he was writing down. It was New Years and the two were celebrating it at the temple near his company that he was training in. At the first 2 hour, they prayed, ate, and talked at the temple but now it was getting a bit late. The sun was about to set and they were going to get going but suddenly N wanted to do something.

   “I’m writing down our names so we could make a wish together,” he explained, holding the pen in his hand. “What do you wish for?”

   Nicole placed a finger below her chin, in her thinking mode. “Uh…” she said, then clapping her hands together as if she had an idea, but froze. “Never mind, it might sound stupid.”

   N chuckled at her actions, wrapping his arm around her waist, “Ani, just say it.”

   Biting her lip, she carefully told her wish, “I wish that we will be a famous idol couple.” She could already feel her face burning at once when the sight of her boyfriend’s wide smile. Suddenly seeing his pen touch the cloth, she was shocked that he was actually going to write it. “Wait, don-”

   “I like it,” he simply replied, almost done writing the wish. Once he was done, he pulled her to a large tree that had many red “vines” handing on each branches. “If it doesn’t hang on it, then it won’t come true.”

   “Then let’s make sure it hangs,” Nicole stated with determination.

The two held the cloth and threw it up on the tree, watching where it may land. It fell on the highest branch, practically giving the couple a slight heart attack, but instead landed safely on the lowest branch. A sight of relief escaped from their mouths, causing them to chuckle at themselves. N pulled Nicole close to him, their heads leaning against each other as their eyes stared at the tree in front of them. They didn’t need any words to tell what they were thinking because they knew they were thinking the same thing.

They were now in front of the very exact tree, now with not a single leaf on any branch. But there was still the endless amount of red “vines” hanging on each branch, writing written all over it. There was a moment of silence between them, only the chatter of other pedestrians was audible. Their eyes met each other, bodies now facing each other. They showed an affectionate smile towards each other, his stretched his arms towards her, pulling her closer towards him. She wrapped her arms around his waist, as they locked each other with a tight embrace. Pulling away slightly, Nicole looked up at the male, who was staring at her with a loving gaze.

   “I love you,” he whispered to her, before pressing his lips on hers.

 In between the kisses, Nicole whispered back, “I love you too.”

 

Five years has passed since Nicole had debuted in Kara and it is now 2012 so far it has the most wonderful experience she had. She remembered their reactions to when they were told about their debut, excited and thankful. All of them were smiling and thanking the CEO before he left, leaving them in the dance room to celebrate. But once her Unnies turned around to look at her, she saw the happy expression changing into a sad one instead. She knew why they were like that in a second but she continued to smile at them, showing not a single sign of gloom on her face.

   “Annyeonghassyeo, Kara imnida!” the now five membered girl group greeted towards the camera.

Recording the MBC All The Kpop has just began, few minutes had already passed and the opening was finished. The staff members quickly brought the chairs and props on the set, allowing the five girls to sit down as well as the MCs. The blonde haired female looked down at her lap, straightening out her clothing. She heard the shuffling of feet coming closer towards them, but her eyes were still set on her clothing.

   “Annyeonghassyeo, V-I-X-X imnida,” two voices greeted happily, but there was a slight hint of hesitation in one of the voices.

Looking up from her lap, she automatically recognizes the brown haired male that was smiling widely at her.

   “I’m N and this is Hongbin, please treat us well.”

From the corner of her eye she spotted the quick nervous glances from her older Unnies, who were trying their best to hide their astonishment. She continued to lock her gaze at the male, who waved at her as if nothing was wrong.

   “Surprise,” he mouthed towards her, making her form a wide smile towards him.

After all they were just one step closer.