Words I Can Never Say

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

Just a quick update, before finals! I didn't get to double-check it but I hope you guys like it. ^^ Thanks to all the subscribers that were patient with me! Love you!~~~ <33333 Please do comment on how you guys like it, it really motivates me to continue writing! :)

The same thing for the Currently Working List. Just whatever story pops up in my head and gets finished first.


 Requested by: maknaejiren 

 Characters: Jiyong (GD) & Nicole Jung 

I knew we were never meant to be, yet I still couldn’t forget him.

Not when I see him everyday.

Not when he looks at me with those same brown eyes that I fell for.

Not when he’s smiling at me ever so gently.

Not when he talks to me with his soothing voice.

We both knew there is no future for both of us if we are together.

Not when he’s the heir of a large corporation.

Not when I’m his servant.

 

I met him when I was only twelve years old and he, fifteen. Even at such a young age, his oozed with maturity and elegance. Unlike typical boys his age, he didn’t wear a mere t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Instead, he wore designer clothing from head to toe. Then again, he was never ordinary since he was born.

We didn’t even talk when our fathers introduced us to each other. I simply bowed as I was suppose to and he simply nodded to show his acknowledgement. I was going to be his 2nd head in service after my brother, therefore I did not need to establish any friendly relation, so you can guess how our relationship was from the start.

For the first few weeks, the only conversations I had with him were either reminders or simple agreements (ex. yes). I didn’t ask for anything more than the business relationship we had since the beginning and he seemed to want the same. So I was surprised when he was actually the one to break the ice between us.

“You don’t have to call me ‘Master’ when my parents aren’t present,” he suddenly said, not taking his eyes off the hard covered book he was reading for an hour already.

I placed his juice quietly on the table and tried to hide the perplexed expression on my face.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can do that.”

“And why is that?” he questioned with his eyes still on the words on the paper.

“I’m only following the rules of conduct.”

For the first time I heard a frustrated groan come out of his mouth.

“Well, those rules don’t apply to you when we’re alone,” he said, finally shutting his book and looking at me straight in the eye. “I’m only three years older than you and since you’re going to be next to me for most of your life, we should be comfortable with each other.”

“But-”

“If you’re going to complain, it was not a suggestion,” he stated. “It was an order.”

We stared at each other in silence before I reluctantly gave in. He was the boss after all.

“Neh,” I responded. He continued to look at me, waiting for me to say it. I took a gulp and my lips uncomfortably. “Jiyong oppa.”

He showed a pleased smile to me and for the first time, I saw his childish side.

 

“Nicole, please come up here!” I heard him call me for the fifth time in the past hour.

I placed the silver tray onto the counter and excused myself from the kitchen. I walked up the grand staircase to meet loud crashing sounds. By instinct, I ran to the room without knocking (even though it is absolutely necessary).

“Master, are you o-” I didn’t even try to finish my sentence when I met the disaster of who is named Kwon Jiyong.

He was tangled in yarn in a way that was unimaginably possible. It looked as if someone was trying to kidnap him with the cheapest string they can possibly use. Instead of being embarrassed like a normal person, he smiled at me bashfully. Laying there flat in front of me was the person I was serving and the next heir to one of the most powerful companies in Korea. Dear God, help him.

I closed the door behind me and began to untie him from the tangled string. While I was untangling him, I gave a quick lecture for the fourth time.

“Will you please stop practicing your own kidnapping scene?” I begged in exasperation. “The chances of someone successfully kidnapping you is even lower than the President’s. There is no need for all of this.”

As soon as he was released, Jiyong jumped up from the floor. He looked down at me and shook his head.

“You don’t know,” he argued. “Maybe some day, someone will eventually kidnap me and no one will be able to help me.” Jiyong picked up the broken yarn and threw it in the trash near his desk. “I’m finish with my studies, so to make use of the time, I should train myself.”

“I’m not against self-training but I prefer it not being you setting up your own situations and not being able to get yourself out of it, then calling me for back up.”

“Oh come on, the last one wasn’t that bad.”

I threw my hands up in the air and yelled, “You stole a pair of handcuffs from the security team and decided to lock yourself onto the arm of a chair before losing your key on the floor!”

“But without it, I wouldn’t be able to conclude that when someone tries to lock me onto a chair, the chances of them dropping the key is 15 percent.”

It even lower than that, I thought. I sighed and said quietly with a stern voice, “Jiyong oppa, this will be the last time I’ll be coming up so I hope you stop all this nonsense. Today we are preparing for the big party and the kitchen staff needs as much help as possible. You have to get ready for the party soon also.”

“Fine,” he pouted. “But, you’re definitely going to be helping me practice tomorrow.”

I reluctantly nodded, which he responded with an excited smile. He headed towards the bathroom to get ready as I took this as a sign to leave.

Ever since that day, I finalized my thought that I am indeed serving a weirdo.

 

Once he turned twenty-one, his father retired and gave his company to Jiyong to handle. Of course, due to the changing of position, there were changes of daily patterns/habits.

I knocked on the door and heard no reply after a few seconds. I decided to open the door slight and peaked inside carefully. Papers were spread across the floor and along his desk. On the floor laid the man I was serving. He was probably reading the papers on the floor again and fell asleep. I closed the door behind me and placed the tray on a nearby table.

I squatted down onto the floor and began to observe his face. He became paler than before due to the lack of activity he is doing nowadays, except sitting in his office making calls and giving orders. Dark circles gradually became a familiar item on his face. He shouldn’t push himself too much. I sighed.

I laid down on the floor with him, leaving an arm’s length of space between each other. With his hectic schedules, he was always locked up in his office or either at the main headquarters. His face started to become more foreign to me. I reached out my hand towards his, our fingertips barely touching. In my mind I laughed at myself. He was so close, yet so far.

His eyes began to flutter open, his chocolate brown eyes meeting mine. Instead of being surprised, he remained calm and gave a me a small smile.

“Go back to sleep,” I ushered him. “I’ll wake you up in an hour.”

His smile grew wider, sending me a silent thank you. He arched his back forward and leaned down towards our hands. His hand grasped mine and planted a soft kiss on it. The spot where he kissed began to burn with my face. He returned back to a comfortable position and his eyes started to flutter themselves close once again.

There were no words needed as our silence said many things already.

 

Today was his big day and I was, of course, there beside him. He had turned the ripe age of twenty-five, the perfect age to announce his engagement to a fellow aristocrat’s daughter. Their engagement was long decided before he and his fiance was even born. Their marriage was to unite two of the biggest companies in Korea into one. It was the typical business marriage and no one was surprised about it.

He greeted the guests politely as I stayed fairly close just in case if he needed any assistance. Unlike the male guests who wore a bland suit, he stood out with his black blazer and slacks that were matched with a red wine collar shirt. I never really like following him to such events, it was boring for both of us. But, today was an exception and I did not want to miss this one. After a few hours of talking with the guests, we entered a private hallway to take a breather.

Since the month of April started, Jiyong was always busy. If he wasn’t at the company taking calls and making orders, he was helping with the arrangement for the engagement. He was nervous period, there was no question about it.

“Are you ok?” I asked, cracking a small smile in hopes of lightening his mood.

Leaning on the wall of the hallway, he cracked a weak smile at me and shook his head. “I’ll survive, today won’t be as bad as the next event in August.”

Oh yeah, wedding day, I suddenly remembered. I patted his shoulder for comfort. “You can do it. Once you’re finished with today, you’ll be able to go back to your new house and rest in your huge bed.”

I watched him smile at the thought of just plopping onto the soft sheets like he usually does once a hard day of work is finished. Suddenly, his smile faltered and his gaze shifted to me. I knew what he was thinking as he stared at me in silence with those sad eyes.

“I’m still attending your wedding remember,” I told him. “I wouldn’t miss it even if I’m the brink of death.” Sorry, but that’s a lie. I don’t want to go to your wedding.

Today was my last day as his servant. Since the two companies are merging together, the services from security to personal were being combined together also. Both sides agreed to keep his family’s original security and technical team while his fiance’s family were keeping their assistance and culinary team.

A genuine smile appeared on his face as he silently thanked me. I quickly changed the subject and checked my watch. “It’s time to meet your fiance at the touch-up room.”

We both didn’t want this to be sadder than it needed to be. So he simply nodded and we walked down the hallway until we reached the designated room. I opened the doors first and waited till he entered before I followed behind. I stood near the door as he walked towards figure, whose back was facing us. He approached the female and spoke softly that made it inaudible for me to hear. In the reflection, I saw the bride-to-be shyly smile and answered him in the same volume. I stood frozen in my position and directed my eyes onto the floor to prevent myself from looking at anything I shouldn’t be looking at. I fiddled with my watch and read the time once again after a few moments.

I cleared my throat and said outloud, “Master, it is time for you and the mistress’ entrance.”

“Thank you, Nicole,” he replied with a soft smile and helped his bride up from the seat.

I opened the door and allowed the couple to walk out first. Closing the door behind me, I rushed behind them and remained quiet. We reached the closed entrance doors and stood in front of it for a few minutes.

One of the servants in charge of opening the door nodded towards Jiyong, signalling the time for their entrance. As I stood on the sidelines, I watched as a new beginning was happening in front of my eyes. The oak tree doors opened up and the sound of clapping begin to grow louder and louder. The couple entered the room in confident, elegant strides. The two were a image of perfection; rich, good-looking, and kind. His hands connected with the female’s and I fought the urge to cry out his name. The frame of his back began to get smaller and smaller as they walked down the carpet, which was laid just for them.

I wanted to stop him, but I couldn’t.

I had no right.

The cheers and claps from the other side of the room were blocked from my hearing. I heard nothing but a deafening silence. Despite my efforts, a tear voluntarily rolled down my cheek.

 

I wanted him to turn around and look at me.

I wanted him to run back to me.

But I knew the thought is nothing but a dream.

I didn’t feel hurt. No, I was long past that.

I only felt regret.

 

I wanted to tell him: I’m happy for you.

I wanted to tell him: Don’t worry about me.

I wanted to tell him: I’m sorry

I wanted to tell him: I love you.

I wanted to tell him: Good-bye.