Her Wish

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

I finally finished it!! I had the idea for it for weeks but I wasn't sure how to write it out. Sorry if it's a bit sad but the idea just popped in my mind. Aremoyoona, I really hope you like it!! You don't see a lot of Doojoon & Nicole worshippers nowadays. Hope you guys like it! Please comment and suggest anything!! Saranghae!~

Happy Thanksgiving!~~  

**Spoiler Alert** 

The next oneshot I'm going to write is.... NicoLe [Find out in the name ;)] lol I made it so easy...


 Requested by: aremoyoona 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & Doojoon (B2ST) ft B2ST 

       “Joonie-ah,” her sweet voice called out towards him as her warm arms wrapped around his head.

Her same innocent and charming appearance was still the same as she wore a short knee length white dress that made her look even more innocent.

       “C-Cole,” he placed both of his hands on her cheeks and studied her featured, as tears threatened his eyes.

       “I wished for you to be happy remember,” she wiped the tear out of the corner of his eye with a comforting smile, as she slowly disappeared.

       “NICOLE!~” Doojoon screamed as he opened his eyes, looking at his desk.

Sitting up, he wiped the sweat on his forehead before checking the time on his clock. He sighed to himself as he pushed his covers off of his body and got up from bed. Turning his doorknob open, he walked down the quiet hallway into the bathroom to wash up. The same dream taunted his mind, mentally cursing himself as he stared at the foggy mirror.  

The clock ticked and tocked at each second that passed in the dark apartment with the atmosphere heavy and gloomy. The sound of his heels hit the wooden floor as he went down the empty hallway, pulling his black jacket over his shoulders. Quickly wearing his blue Nike sneakers, he quietly slammed the door shut, not wanting to wake up s. It was 7AM and s were always resting on this day, since it was always their day off. But for him, today was special. Pulling his silver BMW out of their dorm driveway, he stepped on his gas petal and zoomed off in the empty streets.

       “He’s out again,” Dongwoon whispered to his roommate, rubbing his face against his pillow.

       Kikwang shook his head as he stared at the ceiling, “He really needs to stop doing this, it’s bad for his health.”

His two teammates would always hear him getting ready at 6:30 AM on this very day, each year. They knew he would wake up early and come back before everyone wakes up. Doing it for 2 years already, the two noticed how tired he would look every time they wake up, seeing him pretending to watch TV.

Driving for thirty minutes, he took a right turn, going up a hill. The sight of cars and houses decreased, replacing them with many trees and plants. Reaching the top of the hill, he spotted the same abandoned church. Parking his car at the old parking lot, he reached over his back seat to grab the banquet of flowers he bought earlier. Taking a quick sniff, he cracked a small smile. It smelled just like her, but less refreshing. At least it was close enough. Slamming his car door close, he locked it before walking to the back of the old church. Behind it was a flower patch with different types of lovely flowers, making the aroma in the air more refreshing than before. Walking through the patch, he entered walked up a small trail hidden by a few trees. Kicking the pebbles away, he finally reached to his destination. Flowers in a circle and fresh green grass filling the middle of it, there stood the tombstone in the center of it. Slowly walking towards, he gripped the banquet in his hands. As soon as he was just a few inches away from it, he kneeled down on one knee. Placing the flowers beside him, Doojoon dusted off the dirt on the stone, making it cleaner.

Nicole (Yong Joo) Jung (October 9, 1991- October 9, 2015)

Always remembered as a beloved daughter, close friend, and fiancé

Rest In Peace Our Lovely Tweety

Placing the flowers in front of the gravestone, he flashed a sad smile as the same memory replayed in his head again.

—Flashback: Two Years Ago—

His heart started to thump loudly; he thought the people next to him could hear it. Today was Nicole’s 24th birthday and her friends and he held a surprise party for her back at their apartment. Ever since she woke up, he quickly hurried her to get ready so the two could go somewhere. In the beginning, she was surprised and questioned him at first, but soon she obediently dressed in a loose purple shirt with black shorts under it. Pushing her to the front seat of his silver BMW, he closed the door shut and ran to the driver’s seat. Starting the car, the two drove off into the streets. After driving in silence and a few questions like “Where are we going?” & “Where are you taking me too?” the two finally arrived in front of the place where the two first met.

In front of their college fountain, where Doojoon accidently bumped into Nicole, making her to drop her stuff. It was reflex when Doojoon quickly apologized and helped her pick it up. Passing her things to her, Doojoon examined her breathless appearance as he long black hair swayed in the wind, making her look innocent and lovely. He offered her a cup of coffee as an apology. At first she rejected it, telling him it was fine. But being the strong willed individual, Nicole finally gave in. The two slowly got to know each other, becoming friends to close friends to lovers. At first Nicole was hesitate about the idea of a relationship for a certain reason, but Nicole finally agreed after thinking about it for a few days.

The two walked around their old college campus, hand in hand as they remembered about the old days. Staring at each other, the two laughed at how they felt so old. Doojoon dragged her to the dance room where the two would usually hang out since no one really used it. Before opening the door, Doojoon covered her eyes, so she wouldn’t see. Nicole giggled as the two walked into the room. Closing the door behind him, she slowly opened her eyes, revealing the room. There were rose petals in the middle of the dance room, forming a heart and candles lighten saying Happy Birthday. The room was dim making the atmosphere romantic. Nicole’s hand covered as she captured everything around her, thinking it might disappear in an instant if she doesn’t examine everything. Doojoon smiled at himself, knowing his surprise was a success. Turning around to face Doojoon, there were tears in her eyes as she gave him a tight hug.

       “Gomawo,” she whispered in his ear.

       Smiling widely, Doojoon looked at her face and wiped the tear out of her eyes, “Your welcome, Honey.”

He pressed his lips against her soft lips as they deepened into a kiss. Releasing from their kiss after a few minutes passed, the two walked out of the classroom before Nicole took a quick picture on her phone as a memory. Walking out of the campus, the two got in the car and drove off.

       “Where are we going to go now?” Nicole curiously asked.

       Grinning, Doojoon winked at her, “You just have to wait.”

       Groaning, Nicole pouted, “Fine, be like that.”

Doojoon chuckled at her childish behavior and kept his eyes on the road. Finally arriving in front of their driveway, the two got out of the car.

       “Why are we back home?” Nicole slammed the front seat door behind her.

       “I forgot something inside so I wanted to come back and get it before we go somewhere again,” Doojoon lied.

Nodding, Nicole innocently walked towards their front door and took out her house keys to open the door. Pushing her keys in the lock, she turned it and pushed the door open. In a instant, there were loud booms and screams of excitement filling her ears.

       “SURPIRSE!~” she heard in her ears.

Bewildered, she looked around to see their house decorated and her friends with party hats on top of their head. They smiled at her, and quickly took pictures of her priceless expression. She already saw one of her male friends videotaping with his IPhone 4s. Seohyun, one of her closest girlfriends, pulled her to a hug, making everyone do the same, resulting into a massive group hug. Doojoon watched with a toothy smile on his face, he was definitely happy even if you just took a second to glance at him. Nicole felt her tears threatening her eyes again, making her friends cheer in sync “Don’t cry! Don’t cry!” Nicole laughed as the tears went down her cheeks. One of her friends placed a party hat on top of her head and pulled her to the rest of her friends to talk. The real party finally began with the birthday girl arriving.

3 hours passed and the cake has finally came out, revealing Nicole’s favorite, chocolate vanilla cake with a few fruits on the top. Doojoon watched from a distance as he sang along with the others and watched her cut the cake after she blew out the candles with a happy smile. Then a sudden attack of frosting hit Nicole’s nose from Dongwoon. Gasping, Nicole smiled devilishly and attacked back but on his cheek. Soon everyone started to attack one another with frosting. Doojoon chuckled at them as he watched. He was happy Nicole was enjoying her birthday. Staring at her, their eyes soon met, making his body feel warm. A eyes smile formed on her face as she stared at him.

       “WAIT!~ HOLD ON!~” she yelled, gaining everyone’s attention.

Everyone stopped what they were doing, giving their full attention on Nicole.

       “I have just noticed that everyone had get frosting on their face,” Nicole said as she took some frosting on her index finger. “But there is one person that hasn’t yet, Doojoon.”

       Approaching him slowly, Doojoon’s eyes widened as he placed his hand out, “Don’t.”

Everyone started to approach him slowly, cornering him.

       Mir smiled evilly, “Why don’t you join the fun?”

       Placing both hands on his cheeks, Doojoon backed up a bit, “It’s ok.”

Soon Nicole attacked him on his cheek, making her giggle. Doojoon wiped the frosting off his cheek and ate it.

       “Oh it’s on,” Doojoon smirked.

Soon the battle began again as Doojoon placed frosting on Nicole’s cheek. After everyone got tired, they ate what’s left over from the cake and talked in the living room. Half an hour past and it was now time to open the presents. Doojoon allowed Nicole’s friends to go first, thinking proudly to himself Save the best for last. After she opened everyone’s presents, it was finally his turn. In the corner of his eyes he saw her friends already taking out their phones or cameras or anything that will capture this moment. She noticed it also, but brushed it off thinking its normal for them to take out their cameras.

       Stepping closer to her, Doojoon handsomely smiled, “I guess it’s my turn to give you your present.”

Giggling, she nodded and waited for him to give her the present. Instead, he grabbed her right hand in his, causing her to blush a little while she heard whistles from her friends. But Doojoon’s eyes were still on her, ignoring the people staring at them.

       Using his free hand, he brushed a strand of hair out of her face, “Remember when I first confessed to you?”

       Cracking a smile, “Of course, that’s when I rejected you first because of it. But you the being stubborn person you are, kept pushing me.”

       “I won you over end,” Doojoon cheekily added.

       Giving a tight squeeze with her hand, she stared deep in his eyes, “Why are you asking?”

       “I want to fufill my wish,” he started to take out something in his pocket.

       “Look, a shooting star!” Doojoon exclaimed, pointed at the star that just disappeared.

He heard her groan in disappointment, probably missing the sight. They were outside, laying on a blanket that Doojoon brought earlier, and stared at the clear sky with beautiful stars in clear sight. He felt his mouth forming into a wide smile because of her cute reaction.

       “Well,” she nudged him, “make a wish.”

       Looking up at the sky, he clasped both his hands together and closed his eyes, “I wish I will make create the happiest moment in Nicole’s life.”

Opening back his eyes, he looked at his now blushing girlfriend, who was trying to cover her face with her hands. Pushing her hands out the way and stared at her lovingly before quickly giving a peck on the lips.

Taking out a small red velvet box, he bent down on one knee and opened the box, which displayed a blue diamond ring. dropped open as her friends cheered.

       “Will you marry me?” the obvious question came out of his mouth.

Her head slowly nodded, making him smile the widest smile anyone has ever seen. Placing the ring on her finger, he hugged and kissed her. Wiping the tears that were streaming down her cheeks, he couldn’t help but savor the moment. Their friends crowded around them, giving them their congratulations and casual teases.

Being pulled away from her, Doojoon was talking to the guys while Nicole was talking to the girls in the other room. 30 minutes passed, the males were just talking about last night’s basketball game. But a shriek interrupted them in the girl’s room, making Doojoon dash off and slam open the door.

       “Call 911!” one of Nicole’s best friends, Hara, yelled.

In her arms was an unconscious Nicole, making Doojoon’s pupil turn small. He heard someone already calling, allowing him to go closer to Nicole. He wrapped his arms around Nicole and sat down beside her, he started to order people to open the windows to allow her to breathe more. Fanning her with his hand, he looked at Hara, who seemed to be near a nervous breakdown.

       “What happened?” he asked in a demanding tone.

       “I don’t know,” she placed her hands on her forehead. “We were talking about shopping for her wedding dress until she suddenly passed out.”

Dear God, please don’t let it happen to her today he pleaded to himself. Soon the ambulance came and took her in a stretcher. Her friends watched in fright and nervousness, hoping everything was ok. Being brought into the ambulance car, Doojoon ran towards them.

       “I’m her fiancé,” he told them, knowing they will question who he is.

Gesturing him to come in, he got on and sat next to Nicole. Lacing his hand with hers, his heart paced nonstop. While in the ambulance, the paramedics tried to do everything they could to keep her heart beating till they get to the hospital. After 3 minutes passed, they finally arrived in front of the hospital. Opening the back doors of the ambulance, Nicole was quickly pushed into the hospital. Doojoon’s hand was still laced with hers as they ran down the corridors. Getting closer to the ER room, one of the nurses told him to let go of her hand. He knew he couldn’t go in with her, but at the same time he didn’t want to let go. Having the fear that this would be the last time he would be able to hold her warm hand in his. The ER room door closed and the light was on, as he sat outside with his head down. Please God, help me he prayed silently to himself as the silence began to kill him. He knew this was going to happen why did it have to happen now?

 

Two full hours passed until the light was turned off, making Doojoon jump out of his seat. The doors opened as Nicole was being pulled out by 2 nurses. She was being pushed into an empty room with a heart monitor.

       “How is she?” he nervously asked the doctor.

Doojoon noticed the doctor clench on his mask in his hands and he knew what was coming then.

       “I’m sorry,” the doctor slowly apologized. “Her lungs are going to fail any minute now, we tried our best but nothing seems to work.”

Biting his lip, Doojoon held back the tears that were threatening his eyes. Thanking the doctor in bitterness, he walked into the room where Nicole was in. Standing beside her bed, he laced his hand with hers, knowing it’s going to be the last time he would ever be able to do so. Using his free hand to touch her face, he examined her features for the last time. Breathing deeply, she was wearing an oxygen mask and a few cords that connected her to the heart monitor. He saw the thin line go up little but declined quickly. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, making Doojoon surprised.

       “Cole,” he managed to say, hoping the tears won’t come out any time soon.

He didn’t want her to see him like this. This was one of the reasons why she didn’t really want to go out with him at first.

       “Why won’t you go out with me!?” he asked for the 5th time.

With her books in her hand, she turned around and once again replied the same torturous answer that didn’t make him happy.

       “Because..”

       Placing his hands on her shoulders, he stared into her eyes with a stern gaze, “Give me an actual reason.”

There was silence between them as the two looked at each other eyes. Nicole was the first one to turn away from his gaze, looking down at the concrete floor.

       “I’m scared,” she whispered.

       Pushing her chin up, he wanted her to look at him, “Scared of what?”

       “I’m scared that when I end up leaving you, I’ll break your heart!” she finally said it.

       Doojoon looked at her with a perculiar expression, “What do you mean leave me?”

       Once again, she fixed her gaze at the floor, “I have lung cancer.”

He was first in shock, processing what he just heard in his brain. Not once he ever thought a person like her would have that kind of problem.

       Closing the space between them, he hugged her, “I don’t care. All I want is you.”

He saw her crack a small smile behind the oxygen mask. She knows he thought to himself as he forced a smile for her. Squatting down so they would be in eye to eye level, he pushed a strand behind her ear.

       “I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to make the happiest memory for you,” he bitterly apologized.

Shaking her head, she pulled the oxygen mask off so she could speak to him. At first Doojoon tried to place it back on her, but she would push it away, knowing it won’t help her anyway.

       Touching his cheek, she smiled, “You did make the happiest memory for me. It was the time I’ve spent with you till now, you fulfilled your wish.”

Placing his hand over her hand that was on his cheek, he could already see his vision blurring because of the salt water threatening his eyes. 

       “I have one wish though,” she said.

       Raising a brow, he looked at her curiously, “What is it?”

       “I wish for you to be happy once I leave.”

Hesitate at first; he would be happy if she stayed not leave. But for her, he would do anything for her.

       Kissing her palm, he smiled, “As you wish, Princess.”

She had a wide smile on her face, feeling happier knowing that as soon as she leaves he would be fine. The line of the monitor soon began to wither as it declined. He noticed it, she did also.

       “I love you,” his voice cracked.

       “I love you too,” she squeezed his hand in hers for the last and single time.

Leaning down to give her a kiss, her lips were warm but colder than normal. Removing his lips from hers, he kept his hand linked with hers until the line began to go still. The monitor beeped as soon as her eyes fell closed. His heart ached as the tears that he was holding back spilled out her eyes. The grip from her hands with his disappeared. Why did fate have to be like this? he kept asking himself.

—End of Flashback—

       “How are you doing Cori?” he asked as he laughed at himself. “I guess you know I’m not doing so good after you left.. I remember the wish that you made before you left, and I have yet to fulfill it. Thinking about it for days, years actually, I realized I wasn’t happy because you were still in my heart or floating around in my mind just waiting for me to catch you. Today, I’m here to wish you a happy birthday and to tell you..” The wind blew, making the flowers and hair blow with it. The trees rattled against each other filling the place with the quiet yet loud sound. “I’m letting you go now, but you will be tucked in my heart as someone very important,” he managed to say as his mouth started to become stiff.

 

Sitting on the swing, the seat creaked as he moved on it. The tears streamed down his cheeks, he wiped it with his hands but it was like an endless river that didn’t seem to know when to stop. Why did it have to be so hard to give you up? he asked himself.

He suddenly felt a warm arm around his shoulder, making him jump.

       “You ok?” Hyunseung asked him.

Looking around him, he noticed that all s were around him. Cracking a small smile, he couldn’t help but feel embarrassed. He was never a person that liked to cry in front of people especially s.

       Wiping the tears out his eyes, he looked at them, “How did you know I was here?”

       Dongwoon gave him a tissue, “We always know you come here when it’s her birthday.”

       “We know you don’t like it when we get into your business but you have to let her go. It’s not good for your heath,” Yoseob carefully spoke in a caring tone.

The members nodded in agreement, while Doojoon continued to wipe his tears with the tissue.

       “Don’t worry,” he managed to smile. “Today, I told her I’m letting her go.”

He saw s smile proudly as they started to get closer to hug him. They knew it was hard for him to come to the decision, I mean, Nicole was his life. Before when they were still together, he would always brag and thought about her. Breaking away from the hug, Junhyung rubbed his back.

       “We are always here for you if you need it, remember that,” Kikwang winked.

Doojoon nodded, thanking them for being there for him. As soon as he stopped crying, the six of them walked out of the garden and went to the deserted parking lot. The sound of birds chirping in the background was loud and clear, making Doojoon’s heart feel lighter.

       “I made your wish come true, my Tweety,” Doojoon smiled as he looked up at the clear blue sky.