Artistic Feelings

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

I'm back, this time it's a pretty long one shot. I wasn't planning to update just yet but my friend *cough SHINingBIGBANG cough* kept on nagging at me to so here it is! Xreriax, I hope you like the one shot and do comment on how you like it please! I would really like to have feedback from you. The next update may take a while, since I'm trying my best to update my other fanfics. Gomawo for understanding! 

Annyeong!~ 


 Requested by: xreirax 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & Kris (EXO-M) 

    The swaying of the tip of her paint brush hit the empty white paper, filling the white background with colors.  She hummed with the music that was blasting in her ears, carefully dipping her brush in a new batch of colors. Her black hair was tied up in a high bun while she rolled up her school uniform from getting dirty. The natural light shined through the wide windows, brightening the art room beautifully. Her body moved along with the brush, as if she was dancing, but was momentarily stopped by the loud bell ringing, announcing that class is starting. Pulling out her earphones from her ears, she hastily shoved her MP3 player and unfinished art work into her bag. She placed all the utensils in the sink to be cleaned and ran out of the room into the empty, long hallway.

Her feet slammed against the clean floor, running full speed to her classroom that was just her luck, on the other side of school. Nicole cursed beneath her breath as she gripped the handle of her bag. Taking a sharp right turn to a new hallway that connected to another building, her breathing became heavy. Her long, silky hair came loose from her bun, swinging side to side as she ran. Worrying too much, she didn’t notice a tall lanky male walking in front of her, causing small collision. Their shoulders hit against each other but neither one was fazed by each other.

 “Mianhae,” she softly apologized, continuing to run down the hallway as she took a last glance at the male.

Finally reaching her classroom, she slammed the door open and quickly apologized to the teacher. Receiving only a warning, she walked to her seat that was at the back right corner of the classroom. Class resumed but she didn’t pay attention as usual, instead her mind drifted off in her dream land.

 

School was finally over, many students had already left or hanging around the school with their friends while Nicole was alone in the empty school building. It wasn’t like she hated being alone, she enjoys the peacefulness. Looking down at her skirt, she realized an obvious paint stain from this morning. A thin line formed upon her peach colored lips, she walked to the nearest restroom to wash up. Rubbing, dabbing, and scrubbing it didn’t seem to work at all, causing frustration. The more she looked at it, it looked worse than before. Giving up, she walked out of the restroom with a loud sigh.

 “You know if you rub alcohol on it,” a deep voice spoke up, surprising the lass, “the stain will come off quicker.”

Her head turned to the direction of the voice, finding a male with dirty blonde hair leaning on the hallway wall. His stunning facial features weren’t the only thing that stood out to her but the fact that he looked very familiar. Nicole could’ve sworn she saw him from somewhere.  He probably read the confusion on her face since he chuckled at her, her face uncontrollably turned red.

 “I’m Kris from our school’s art team,” he introduced himself with a smile that would make any girl fall for him.

 The art team is made up of 12 members that were made up of all males including Kris. With all the members being good looking and artistic, it wasn’t hard for them to be popular among the girl as well female teachers. But you could say she wasn’t normal, for Nicole had zero interest in the males, which is probably another reason why girls found her weird.

 Recognizing him, she ‘oh’-ed, “Nice to meet you, I’m Nicole. Thank you for the advice by the way..” Just when she was about to walk the opposite way, an arm stopped her.

 “Hold on,” he said, trying to hide his astonishment. Usually girls would be happy once he starts talking to him, but it seems like she wanted to go as soon as possible. “I think you dropped this in the morning.” He reached in his backpack and took out a folded piece of paper, handing it to the female.

 Hesitate at first, she took the paper from him and unfolded it. Revealing her art work from this morning but was smudged from the wet paint that she never got to let dry, a frown formed on her face. She folded the paper up like it was before, “Thanks.”

 Kris simply nodded, and then a long silence flew between them. Taking a deep breath, he decided to finally say what he wanted, “Why don’t you join our team?”

 Usually people would take their time and think about it, or at least pretend to think about it, but Nicole immediately shook her head as a no. Facing her back towards Kris, she said, “If that’s all, it was nice meeting you Kris-shi.” With those words said, she coolly walked down the long corridors. 

 Completely fazed, Kris stood at his position as if his feet were glued onto the floor. This girl is different his lips curved into a smirk I like it. He quickly caught up to her, walking beside her with his eyes glued onto her. “Can you at least tell me why you don’t want to join?” he tried to reason with her.

She didn’t move , her feet continued to hit the hallway floor until she made an abrupt halt. Kris stared at her, confused by the way she was acting. She moved her head side to side as if she was searching for something. When she finally found what she was looking for, she head toward it. He watched her walk up to a trashcan, taking her artwork and threw it inside it.

 His eyes widened in surprise, running towards her, “Yah! Why did you throw it away?! You could’ve fixed the smudges and finish the painting!” He looked at the female as if she was crazy.

 “That’s one of the reasons why I don’t want to join,” she flashed a cold smile at him. “I don’t follow the same principle as you guys do.” Nicole gripped onto her bag’s strap and gave a bow; after all he was a year older than her; before taking her leave. Pulling her MP3 player out, she placed her earphones in her ears and hummed along the music that was playing.

 

It was 6 AM, about an hour and 30 minutes till the first bell to ring, the school building seemed empty but the female brunette walked down the hallways to the art room. Her sweet humming echoed down the hallway as well as the sound of the door sliding open once she reached her destination.

 “What are you doing here?!” she jumped in puzzlement, too surprise to use formality.

 The male, who was resting his head on the drawing table, got up and gave a look as if he was offended, “Is that really something you should say to the person who is actually allowed in here? Plus where are your manners?” He did have her there; the art room is only accessed to the art team unless you get special permission from a teacher or member to use the room.

 Using proper language, Nicole bowed apologetically, “I’m very sorry Kris-shi, I was just surprised to see someone here this early in the morning since no one comes at this time, only me.” She took a step inside the classroom and placed her bag on an empty seat that was next to a drawing table.    

 “I think I should be the one surprised to see someone here,” he spoke. “From what my team and I know, we have no information told to us that someone else was allowed to use the art room.”

 Nicole’s eyes widened, her full attention was now on him, “Y-you wouldn’t..?”

 “Oh, I would,” he smiled innocently, the completely opposite feeling from what he was saying. Kris watched her bite her pink lips in frustration and maybe anger. How cute, he chuckled to himself.

 “What do you want from me?” she got straight to the point, easily noticing a secret motive that he was aiming for.

 Kris walked towards her and stood in front of her, he crossed his arms, “Teach me your principle of art. If could follow it, I want you to join the art team.”

They stared at each other for a moment; a long streak of silence flew by. In the end, she looked the other away and sighed before turning her back towards him to get her art pad out of her bag.

 “Fine,” she muttered, the answer created a happy smile on his face.

 

 “Kris,” one of his friends and teammates called out, “are you going to go take a break with us or not?”

His teammates were already out in the cafeteria taking a ten minute break from drawing. It was the usual break after an hour of painting, the team snacked and talked about upcoming competitions or other everyday things. But today, Kris continued to work on his painting, not budging to even look at his teammate who was waiting for him in the doorway.

 “I’m going to stay and continue to work,” he answered. “You go ahead, Changyeol.”

Chanyeol looked at him with a peculiar look; after all Kris was always the person who would go out to break first just to eat. Shrugging it off, he left him alone and walked down the hallway to the cafeteria, where the other members were.

His hand swayed the brush back and forth; he continued to hum to the music he was listening to with one of the ear buds in his right ear. He was quite happy that s left, they constantly kept on talking to him that it made it hard for him to concentrate. One of her instructions: stay focus and concentrate. For the past few days, Nicole has been teaching him in the morning, only in the mornings, so it made him sleepy during school.

Kris knew his team mates were probably confused by his actions for a few days; even he admits that he has changed a lot. He was an artist that liked to do things slowly and take breaks now and then; he especially did a lot of multitasking while he drew. So painting with Nicole was awkward at first because of the loud silence. But the memory of this morning made his lips curve into a small smile.

 “Yah,” she screamed, chasing him with paint on her fingers, just getting ready to spread on his face like he did to hers. “Come here!”

In the middle of the two was an art table, which made it hard for Nicole to reach him with her short arms. Kris laughed at how frustrated she was, it was way too cute. He saw how she was about to go left, he began to run left also but he was tricked. Nicole went to the other way and was so close of spreading paint across his cheek, but just her luck, Kris wrapped his arms around her. She couldn’t lift her arms high enough for her to reach his cheek, causing her to be upset but then the fact that their faces were inches apart slapped her across the face.

 Kris smiled at her, looking at the red paint that he placed on her cheek, “What do you think you’re doing?”

 “L-let me go,” Nicole ordered, she hoped the red paint hid her blushing face. She shifted her eyes to the side, ignoring his gaze.

 “Only if you promise you won’t smear paint across my cheek.”

 She puffed out her cheeks and grumpily agreed, “Fine..”

 His lips turned to a thin line, noticing how she wasn’t looking at him. He shifted her head so that his eyes could meet his quickly, so she couldn’t escape from his embrace. “You have to promise me while looking at me in the eye.”  

 She felt her heart skip a beat as she stared at his chocolate brown eyes, “I-I promise.” Feeling his arms loosen up, around her body, she took this as a chance to get revenge. “Sic,” she wiped the wet paint across his right cheek; a charming laugh couldn’t help but escape from .

Kris probably should’ve been angry at her, but hearing her laugh and witnessing her captivating smile made his heart race instead. Pretending to be angry, he attacked her with tickles. After a few minutes of attacking each other, the real work began.

 “Ok,” Nicole spoke as she wiped the paint from her cheek with a wet napkin, “since I already taught you everything, what is left is to see if you understood everything.” She watched as his head nod. “You must make an artwork that represents what you love.”

He stared at his half-finished painting, but someone would probably think it was done already. A smile formed on his face before he continued to paint, ignoring the chatter from his incoming teammates who just finished their break.

 

Nicole whistled along the song that was blasting in her ears, as she entered the school. Walking towards the shoe lockers she opened hers to find notes with combination of trash and nails to fall on the floor. Her eyes widened in disbelief, just what did she do to get this? She picked up the folded note and read what was written on it. “Stay away from Kris Oppa, you b*tch,” it read. She continued to read the hateful notes that called her names and threats. Taking out her shoes from the locker, it was torn with no sole on the bottom. She knew that girls would talk behind her back; it didn’t bother her; but to do something this awful did.

She knew that Kris wasn’t at school yet since she was a few minutes early. Searching for her phone in her backpack, she took it out and texted Kris.

To: Kris

From: Nicole

Sorry, I don’t think I’ll be able to come this morning so don’t bother to come in the morning.

She pressed send and walked down the empty hallways towards her classroom. Stepping inside the classroom, she noticed her desk wasn’t there anymore but replaced with a pile of trash. Walking towards it, she walked towards the window that was the closest towards her and stared at the pond below them. Then she spotted a brown object that stood out like a sour thumb, it was her desk as well as her books that were drenched in the water. Pressing her forehead against the cold window, she didn’t know what to do.

 

Running down the hallway, he was a few minutes late because he over slept. He gripped on the strap of his handbag in his hands, his breathing became uneven. Kris continued to run down the long hallway until he saw a familiar figure kneeling on the floor with her hands up in the air.

 “Nicole?”

He saw her sparkly eyes stare at him as she looked up, but she didn’t greet him like normal instead a frown on her face with not a word coming out of . From that moment he knew something was up, this time he came closer to her.

 “What’s wrong?”

Nicole continued to give him the cold shoulder and looked at the wall in front of her. Kris came up to her and shook her shoulder, trying to get him to answer him. When she couldn’t take his nonstop questioning, she finally answered.

 “Why don’t you ask your fan girls!” she snapped, keeping her arms up.

 Confused, Kris asked, “What do you mean my fan girls?”

 “They placed my desk in the pond and threw all my art work that was in my desk at, who the hell knows!” she cried. All her artwork that she made a few months ago had gone to waste. Adding to the fact that one of her artworks was supposed to star in one of the local art exhibits, didn’t make things any better for her. She saw an amount of shock splash his face, making her scoff. “The teacher thought I did that so I wouldn’t attend class anymore so I have this punishment. For now, can you please keep your distance from me?” The way she said it didn’t seem like it was a question but a firm order.

 

The bell rang and the crowds of students dispersed into the hallway, exiting out of the school. Nicole waited till the hallways were cleared and the school was partly half empty until she could come out from the library to leave school. The thought of encountering one of Kris’s fan girls didn’t make her excited. Throwing her bag over her shoulder, Nicole entered the hallway in her socks and made her way down to the lockers to change into shoes. Bracing herself for more vicious items in her locker, she opened it to find a folded piece of paper on top of her shoes. She suspiciously took it out and looked to both sides of her as if it was a trick. Slowly unfolding it, the paper unveiled one a portrait.

KARA’s Art pieces to go on sale

(Please imagine the portait as Nicole's portion of the image)

She had to admit, it was beautiful. The flowers in the pictures were well done and the person in the portrait looked familiar. Flipping the paper over, she read the small writing on it. Her eyes widened as she read it.

You’re the only one who could understand my feelings in the portrait because it is only for you

– Kris

 “Did you guys hear?” she heard a girl yell at her friends with a tone of distress. “Kris Oppa is quiting the art team!”

dropped open as she continued to listen the girls give their comments. All she knew now was to find Kris. Loud footsteps filled the building and breathes from girls grow larger.

 “Kris Oppa just went into the pond!” 

Nicole sprinted to the pond that was in front of the school, to find a blonde hair male walking down into the pond. His pants and sleeves were rolled up so it wouldn’t get wet; he grabbed the desk and tried to move it.

 “Kris!” she yelled to get his attention.

 His head turned to her direction and a wide smile formed on his face, “Annyeong!”

  “What do you think you’re doing?” she asked, taking off her shoes and socks. Throwing her items onto the side, she entered the water, knowing her skirt won’t get wet.

  Kris gestured her to stop with a stern face, “What do you think you’re doing?! It’s dirty here.”

  “I should be telling you that,” she smartly answered back, almost reaching him.  “Placing the portrait in my locker, quitting the art team, and then entering the pond, are you stupid?”

  Kris blushed as he smiled sheepishly, “I guess I am.”

She was now in front of him, eye to eye to each other. They could hear the chatter of the girls around them, their eyes staring at them as if they were some show on TV.  She wrapped her hands on the opposite side of the desk from Kris, but her eyes were still on him.

  “You passed, pabo,” she said before leaning towards Kris, closing the gap between them.

With their lips locked together, they didn’t hear anything, not the screams from horrid fan girls or the yells from teachers interrupted them. All they heard was their hearts racing in their body, which was still heard even when they broke apart from each other. They stared at each other lovingly, their lips forming into a joyous smile but not a single word coming out from both of them.

You don’t need words to describe how you feel.