Soccer

♥ One Tweety Shot ♥ [One-shot Request Shop] [CLOSED]

Author's Note

Hey, guys!~ I'm still alive! I haven't forgotten about AsianFanfics. ;) High school is hell, so I don't have time or don't feel like typing out my stories whenever I want to :< I shouldn't have updated this fanfic first but since I finished the one-shot already, I thought "Might as well." So sorry to all my lovely subscribers, the wait is finally over. Hope you guys like it, it's a little cheesy, weird, and short >,< I didn't mark anything on the currently working on list for now because I really don't focus on a single story now, I'll work on one and then another so for now, you all just have to wait and see ;)

Anyways, for those who don't know about Nicole's new MAMA teaser, make sure to check it out on her official channel and the distributers. I can't wait for her debut!~


 Requested by: emobunbun 

 Characters: Nicole (KARA) & Kikwang (B2ST) 

“Soccer is one of my favorite sports. If I wasn’t an idol, I’d probably be working hard to be a national soccer player.”

To be honest, I really hate it.

I hate running up and down the field, getting dirt, sometimes even mud, all over myself, and worst of all having other players accidently kicking and tripping me with those damn spikes on the bottom of  their shoes. All of this just to kick a damn ball in a freakin’ goal. I will never understand soccer.

Despite my hatred towards the sport, I do have a reason for lying.

 

“Kikwang-shi,” I heard her voice call me. “The coach said to take a break.”

I turned my head to her, who wore her blue manager uniform and a cap. In her hands were cold water bottles that she’s been giving out to players.

“Here’s some water,” she said, handing me a bottle.

Hesitate, I grabbed the water bottle from her hand and said a soft “Thank you,” as I tried to catch my breath. When she heard me, a sweet smile planted onto her lips. My heart decided to beat quicker despite my efforts of calming it earlier. I prayed that my sweat and slightly red face would cover up the blush. My eyes held their gaze on her back as she headed to other players to give out refreshments.

“Dude, when are you going to tell her?”

I jolted up, almost dropping my water bottle onto the grassy field. When I turned around to look at the male who suddenly spoke, I glared at him.

“Shut up, Doojoon,” I said. “It’s not easy.”

Doojoon shrugged and left to talk to the other players. Twisting the water bottle cap, I drank the liquid with my eyes still on her.

She was still passing out the waters to the players resting on the benches. Since FC Men is a group with many male idols, having her surrounded by handsome males was no exception. Now, I'm not that childish to be jealous over something so simple. Let me clarify, I am not jealous.

I'm just jealous of one particular person... And he just so happens to be among the players resting on the benches. It also so happens to be the person Nicole was smiling to brightly at as of right now. 

I gripped the currently empty water bottle in my hands and crushed it.

I couldn't confess, not right now at least.

Not when I'm not the person, who could make her smile like that.

Not when I'm not the person, who is in her eyes.

I need more time.

 

Everyone was at the meeting room, players, managers, and coaches. The head director and coordinator were about to discuss the schedule and time for tomorrow's game. Due to the lack of seating, I took my place on top of a table in the back. Those that arrived late were seated or standing in the back, me being on of them. Luckily for me, I wasn't the only one.

"Nicole-ah," I called out to her, gesturing her to come over.

It took a few seconds for her to squeeze past and greet everyone at the same time. Once she reached me, there was a questionable expression on her face, which made me chuckle. I pushed my bag off the table, now opening a space next to me for a person to sit.

"I saved you a spot," I said with a smile. "I knew you would be late when I saw you talking to your manager in the hallway."

She returned my smile with one of her own, eyes curved into crescents and pearly white teeth.

Happily taking a seat next to me, she chirped, "Thanks!~"

It was probably because of the small space when Nicole's shoulder kept touching with mine. I prayed she couldn't hear my heart beating against my chest with the loud chatter in the room.

I didn't know if I should hate it or not.

Too be honest I liked it...

The closeness between us made me happy. It was as if I'm gradually getting closer to her.

"Oppa," she began to say, snapping me out of my thoughts, "you've been spacing out lately; is there something wrong?"

"N-no, it's nothing really," I quickly denied. "I've been busy lately that's all."

She giggled and nodded. "Your new song 'Beautiful Night' is really good, so I bet all your hard work paid off."

"You heard our new song?" I asked, slightly surprised. It was just released today, she would've been too busy like other idols to listen to it right away.

"Of course," she proudly responded. "'Byeol-i bitnaneun areumdaun bam-iya-iya. I bam-i yeongwonhagil nae soneul jababwa. Pureun dalbichi areumdaun bam-iya-iya. Nawa jeo haneuleul geoleobwa.'"

Watching and listening to her sing my part is most likely the best moments of my life. The way she confidently and cheerfully sang the song made my mouth curve into a bright smile. No matter how much I wanted to stop smiling, I couldn't.

Once she was done, I messed up her loose, short chocolate brown hair. "Good job," I said. "And thanks."

She pouted then cracked into a proud grin.  

"Attention, everyone!"

 

Hweuweh Hweuweh (A/N: I don't know how whistle sounds are supposed to be written out, so bear with me!)

The game finally ended and I, along with the other players, lined up into two lines. After exchanging greetings, we walked tiredly back to the showers while waving towards the crowd. Despite her short height, I was able to spot her.

In her blue cap, she hurriedly passed out towels and waters.

"Good work today!" Nicole exclaimed as she handed me a water and towel.

Giving a light tap on the shoulder, she smiled and continued to make her rounds. Even though it was a small gesture, I felt warm.

"Yah, stop grinning to yourself like that," Doojoon nudged at me. "People are watching remember."

I totally forgot. I wiped the grin of my face and placed the towel over my head. God, I wished she knew what she does to me.


"Here you go."

I stared at the batch of cookies in front of my face, already smelling the cinnamon from it. Though her face was hidden behind the bag, I already had an idea who it was.

“Cole-ah, what’s this for?”

I grabbed the bag from her, removing the object away from her face. She changed out of her uniform and into her regular clothes –a pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt.

“It’s just a treat for everyone,” she explained. “I know how hard everyone was practicing and playing this week.”

I smiled and took the bag graciously with a wide smile.

“Thanks.”

“No problem,” she said. “I’ll see you later then.”

She waved and turned her back towards me as I watched her grow farther away from me. I noticed the bag she was holding, covered with a bright red ribbon and seemed to contain more cookies than the rest she handed out. I knew that bag was different. It was carefully put together just for him.

 

“Good job, everyone!” a short but strong in stature yelled in the locker room.

Everyone else, as well as myself, responded with the line, our voice echoing inside the locker. The crowded locker room started to become less stuffy with many of the players rushing out to either attend their next schedule or wanting to go home and rest. I rested on the benches while I waited for Doojoon to finish his shower. It was as if fate was playing games with me since it left him and I in the room alone.  Sensing the awkwardness, I shifted my seating position and sat up straight.

I cleared my voice and called, “Junsu Hyung.”

The brown-haired male jolted, probably surprised by my sudden call. “Hmm?”

“Don’t hurt her, ok?” I softly said.

His eyes brows rose to the sky, unable to understand what I was trying to say. I smiled back in response and as if on cue, Doojoon called my name.

“Kikwang, let’s get going!”

Without argument, I quickly gathered my stuff and threw my sport bag over my shoulder.

“Annyeong Junsu Hyung!”

I didn’t need to worry. I just needed patience and time.

 

“Cut! We are finished here,” the director stated.

Bowing, I gave my last greetings towards the crew and walked towards the dressing room. Retrieving my bag, I instinctively took out my phone and without a doubt I got a message from her. I swiped my phone screen open and dialed her number. Placing the phone against my ear, I listened to it ring three times until she finally answered it.

“Oppa!” her sweet voice called me.

“I finished my interview just now,” I informed her, as I most likely grinned foolishly through the phone.

“Did it turn out well?”

I hummed and responded, “I think it went pretty good. They just asked me what soccer was to me.”

Through the phone I could hear her try to stifle a laugh but utterly failed.

“I still don’t understand why you play soccer still even though you told me how much I hate it,” she said, giggling.

I chuckled along, “You know perfectly well why.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she sang. I knew she was smiling widely when saying this.

“I’ll call you later, I need to go to my next schedule,” I told her, placing my phone between my ear and shoulder as I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

“Ok then,” she said with a slight whine in her voice. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

No matter how many times I say this to her, my heart always jumps out of control. My face always has this foolish grin that my members constantly hit the back of my head for. But, I don’t care.

“Bye, Oppa.”

“Bye, Nicole.”

Because in the end, she is mine.