U-turn

Until It Hurts No More

 

Donghae's P.O.V. 

 

U-turn 

 

It was probably the most uncomfortable dinner I have ever had. I literally felt my cheeks heat up when that strange Mario guy winked at me. I wanted to take off from my seat and finish my food somewhere else. I wanted to drag Siwon with me out of the restaurant and go back to our safe zone. But somehow I felt like I got splashed with a bucket of ice cold water and I just couldn't think. So I was really caught off guard when Siwon suddenly asked me if I was okay. 

Oh, I was fine! It's Mario who is not okay. I mean, what did he do that for? He wasn't drunk for sure, because no one ordered alcohol that night. I thought that maybe he only did it as a joke, but guys don't usually wink at each other like that... I'm not sure what was going in his little head but I don't think I want to know. 

I didn't want to keep Siwon worrying for me, but I couldn't help but get startled when Mario did something bizarre again. 

I waited for Siwon at the entrance of Samwon Garden while he gets the car. I was joined by Eunhyuk and Shindong-hyung then moments later Mario came up to us to say goodbye. 

I watched him carefully as he approached us and said, "It was nice meeting you all". He smiled and offered a hand to shake Hyuk's then Shindong-hyung's. He turned to me, stretched out his hand and smirked as he waited for me to take it. Not breaking from his stare, I shook his hand very lightly and gave him the smallest smile possible. I smiled, thinking that it will be the last time I'm seeing him. But I was shocked when he tightened his grip then slid a piece of paper on my palm. 

What the hell? I looked at him with confusion.  He smiled at me, sheepishly. Exactly how Siwon does. I looked to the right to see if Hyuk and Shindong-hyung noticed, but it didn't seem like they did. They were just smiling at him and acting friendly. 

"It was nice to meet you too, man", Hyuk said before Mario finally left us then went back to Seon U. They turned around the corner and disappeared. 

I opened my fist and peeked at the piece of paper in my hand. A cell phone number was written on it with his name below. Then the bright headlights of the Frisker shined on us and I looked up to see Siwon driving towards us. I immediately crumpled the paper and let it fall on the ground. 

He pulled over in front us then I said goodbye to Hyuk and Shindong-hyung. When I got in the car, Siwon held my face and stared at me. I felt his deepest concern when he said, "Donghae. You just tell me if there's something wrong, okay?"

He definitely knows when something is wrong with me. But I can't tell him what just happened. It's just a silly situation and I don't want to make a big deal out of it. So I lied, "I'm just a little tired, Siwon." I held his hand to assure him and said, "Stop worrying so much." 

"If you say so", he kissed me then we headed to the road. I know he wasn't convinced with my answer. Siwon is a persistent kind of guy and I'm sure he will ask me again about. 

And just like what I thought, Siwon tried to make me talk by getting y with me when we got home that night. He knows I can't resist his enticing touch and electrifying kisses. I tried going with it but I was not really in the mood. The incident with Mario numbed my senses and drained all my energy. So for the first time in our married life, I blew him off. 


 

A good night sleep did a great job in rejuvenating my spirits because I woke up the next day feeling so much lighter. I flushed all my Mario anxieties away. I thought that never have to see that rascal again anyways so I figured to just focus on my dear. I decided to cook Siwon his favorite Spanish omelette breakfast as a token of my apology. 

After finishing our meals, we got ready for Ryeowook's lunch party at his new place. Siwon dressed up quicker than me as usual. So he sat patiently sat on the single couch in our closet with an amused expression, while I struggle to make up my mind on which shirt to wear. 

My mind was shaken again when we arrived at Wookie's. His family were there of course, some of his cousins and all the guys. But I was dumbfounded when my eyes caught the faces of Seon U and... and Mario lounging in the terrace with Leeteuk-hyung and Sungmin! Who... How... What is he doing here?! Why did Wookie have to invite them? We just met them last night! Aish...  

A burst of laughter erupted in the living room then I heard Hyuk's voice calling my name. "Donghae, come here! You've got to see this!"

I nodded at Hyuk then when I looked back Mario was already looking at me. I took a deep breath and I glanced away from his odd stare. I marched towards Hyuk, Kyuhyun, and Kangin-hyung and joined them as they make fun of Wookie's old pictures. 

Looking at baby Wookie in his diapers and clown costumes was quite funny but I couldn't make myself laugh knowing there was someone watching me. Every time I look up there he was, a glass of champagne in hand and smiling at me.  It got so awkward to the point that I had to sneak myself to the bathroom and hide. 

I planned to stay in there until the party ends but I heard a suspicious squeak from shower so I withdrew right away. I opened the door and saw Mario right outside. I wanted to slam the door on his face, but again I froze on my spot. 

He was leaning his back against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his chest. He's got this fascinated look on his face while I gaped at him questioningly. 

I opened my mouth to ask him what he wants but I stuttered, "Wha...What...?" Damn, what is it with this guy? 

He came forward and rested his both his hands on the door frame, cornering me inside the bathroom. We were eye to eye, our faces just inches apart. I started to feel his body heat so I stepped back. 

He his lips and said, "I waited for you last night... Why didn't you call me back?" 

I opened my mouth again to ask him why I should call him and tell him to back off, but nothing came out. 

He let out a quiet snicker. Then he raised a finger at me then slowly pointed it closer to my face. "Your lips..." 

"Oh, Mario and Donghae! What are you two doing here?" Wookie's mom suddenly appeared behind Mario. 

He turned around and smiled at her. "I was just telling Donghae how fantastic your house looks, Mrs. Kim." Liar. You were badgering me, you rascal! 

Flattered, she waved a hand at Mario and said, "Why, thank you, Mario! That's nice of you to say." She looked at me and I forced a smiled then nodded at her. "There are more snacks in the kitchen, okay? Please don't be shy to get some." 

Mario did a half bow at her. "Yes. Thank you, Mrs. Kim." She beamed at us then left. 

His eyes turn to me again and I frowned at him. I took it as a chance to run away. I passed by him, my shoulder bumped his then he stepped back. I stormed through the hallway and looked for a new hiding place. 

"I'll see you around!" He yelled before I discovered the room and shut the door behind me.

I found myself breathing heavily. I massaged my temples as I recalled everything in my head. I can't believe what just happened out there... Did he really wait for me to call last night? I hardly know him. What does he want from me? He was going to say something about my lips. What was it? And... the way he gazes at me. It was so intense and carried a great weight; it was so hard to break away from it. Why does he have look at me like that?

All these questions lead only to one answer. The reason why Mario did all these things... could it be because likes me? The crazy thought made dizzy so I let myself fall on Wookie's piano chair. 

A few minutes later, the door opened and my heart raced again. I gasped thinking it was Mario but instead it revealed an anxious looking Siwon. 

I lied to him again about being okay. I don't know how I would explain to Siwon my encounter with Mario.  I'm not sure if he would attack Mario or if he would put the blame on me.  Either way, I don't think I'd want to know his reaction. 

Before I could open up a new topic, he brought up his own issue. He rejected an offer to promote his new drama for me. He thought that I'd rather him stay than work on his job. It was sweet, but I could never let him do that for me. He achieved great things on his own, I don't want him to turn his back on them just because of me. 

That night, we had our first fight as husbands but thankfully we ended with the most intimate way. Good old fashioned make up . Siwon was amazing, as always.  He managed to unleash the wildness in me again. 

Making love with Siwon made me remember how precious he is to me. He reminded me that I shouldn't worry about little rascals around me because I've got him. Always. And I realized how bad I would long for him when he leaves. 

But 4 days should be nothing. I can go through it without being a needy husband. I can handle that... I know I can.