Run Away

Until It Hurts No More

Siwon's P.O.V. 

 

Run away 

 

At exactly 10:36p.m., my plane landed safely on the South Korean. I was relieved to find no lines at any gates or the baggage carousel. It was late, so the airport was practically empty. Then I stepped out to the cold evening air of Seoul, anxious to get back home. Back to my Donghae. 

My hired chauffeur met me at the exit and greeted me with a smile. "Welcome back, Mr. Choi." He was a stocky man in a suit who appeared more like a bouncer at a club than a chauffeur. 

I smiled back and gave him a nod before he took the luggage cart from my hand. Next, he led me to the black Sudan waiting across the street. He opened the car door for me and I got in. While the guy loaded my things at the back, I checked on my phone and contemplated if I should tell Hae that I've arrived or not. But then I envisioned a surprised Donghae in my mind, all jumpy and amused to see me. So instead, I decided to come home unannounced. I looked forward to catch his boyish smile again the moment I take him in my arms. 

While on the road, I couldn't help but get fidgety inside the car. I just wanted to get home already and be with my husband again. Four days doesn't sound long, but to me it felt like ages. I instantly felt homesick on my first night at Tokyo. I couldn't sleep. I was just not used to sleep without Hae right by my side. I was always trying to call him, but apparently I did on the wrong times. So on my spare my time, I just stared at his pictures on my phone while I wait for something from him. And I never skipped a chance to talk about Hae with anybody. It somehow lessened my longing for him. 

Moments later we finally arrived at the foot of the building where our apartment on the topmost floor, Donghae was probably waiting for me. My heart started beating fast. I didn't wait for the chauffeur, whose name I didn't bother to ask, to open the door for me. I got out myself and rushed towards the steps leading to the entrance.  

"I will hand your belongings to the bellhops, Mr. Choi. They will be right up with you", Mr. Stocky guy called out behind me. I gave him a three-finger wave as a gesture of my thanks then the elevator doors opened and I stepped inside. 

I opened the main door with a shaking hand only to find the apartment in darkness. I frowned at myself. I wasn't expecting a welcome party or anything, but this was not what I pictured as well. So I walked to the room and heard the faint buzz of a late night talk show. And when I entered, another scope of darkness came to me. The only source of light was the hazy glow coming from the TV and the dimmed bulb of the lamp over the side table. And Donghae? Well, he was fast asleep on the bed. He was lying awkwardly on his side, with one arm curled in front of his chest and the other was stretched out while holding the remote control on his fingers. I remained standing by the door for a moment to just watch him. The poor kid must have fallen asleep waiting for me all night. On second thought, I guess I should've told him that I was coming. 

I sighed to myself and gently closed the door behind me. As much as I wanted to kiss, hug and make love with him, I decided not to wake him up. Careful not to make any noise, I walked to my side of the bed, after I reached to turn off the lamp. Then, I stripped down to my boxers and put the sweater and jeans I was wearing on the small couch near me. I took the remote from his hand, clicked the power button off then placed it over the side table. In complete blackout, I got on top of the bed and joined Hae under the sheets. 

He felt the mattress shifting to my weight and cringed. He opened his eyes lazily and whispered in a very drowsy voice, "Siwon?" 

I moved closer and I caressed him with an arm. I my fingers up and down his shoulder and replied, "Shh... Go back to sleep, my love. Just close your eyes. We'll see each other tomorrow." 

He nestled his head on my chest and I felt him nod. I couldn't say I wasn't disappointed, but this was not how I imagined my comeback. Nonetheless, I'm happy to have him in my arms again. I closed my eyes and kissed his hair before I let myself doze off. Finally, next to Hae again. 


Donghae and I were standing under the treehouse. Our hands were all over each other and we were fiercely making out. Our tongues wrestled inside our mouths. Then I embraced him tighter, wanting to feel his body heat on me. Chest to chest, I felt the beating of his heart matching mine. A great sign that we are madly in love. He's mine and I am his. Nothing can ever come between us, I'm sure of it. 

But suddenly, Hae pushed me back and smirked at me. A smirk so dark and menacing, it almost looked evil. He pushed me harder, making me lose my balance and fall on my behind. He slowly shook his head at me then he ran away. He ran deep into the woods. I hurriedly got on my feet then followed him. "Donghae!" I shouted while trying to catch up. 

For a known slow runner, he was fast. A little too fast. "Wait for me!" I called again but he didn't look back. It didn't seem like he was ignoring me, it was like he couldn't even hear my voice. "Lee Donghae!" I said louder but he just kept running. 

I began to worry that if he didn't slow down, he would soon fall and scrape his knee or something. So, I sprinted faster and finally caught up to him. But before I could get a hold of him, he reached the open road. Then he just stood there, like he was waiting for something. Or someone. "Donghae, baby, have you lost your mind? Why did you ran off from me like that?!" I said, trying to keep my breath steady. Then out of nowhere, a guy on a black Ducati pulled over right in front of Hae. And without thinking, Hae hopped on to the back of the motor bike. 

"Hey, what are you doing?! Get off of that thing!" He ignored me and circled his arms around the mysterious biker. Hae rested his head on the guy's back and faced the other way. "Ya! Can't you hear me?! Get off from there now!" I knew I could just run and pull Donghae away but I didn't. Why was I not moving? 

The biker looked at me but I couldn't make anything out of him because of his dark tinted helmet. The engine roared then they took off. I started to feel my legs again so I ran after them as fast as I could. "Donghae! Donghae, stop!" I screamed over and over. I did my best to catch them but I was no match to a Ducati. I watched helplessly as my husband ran away with a stranger.

Then a loud thud jolted me awake, like someone had closed a door. I sat up and found the spot next to me empty. I panicked so I called out, "Donghae?!" My forehead was covered with beads of sweat and I was huffing. 

Then Donghae came in wearing black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt. "Yeah?" he asked innocently while tugging on the strap of his duffel bag. 

I sighed to my relief, wiped the sweat from my forehead then jumped out off the bed. I ran towards him and quickly grabbed him for a hug. "Thank god it was just a dream..." I whispered while nuzzling my nose on his neck. 

"Siwon. Are you okay?" He held me from the hips and pulled away to look at me. 

I brushed his hair to the side. Now, I could see his eyes better. I smiled and nodded. "I am, now that you're here." Then I leaned forward and kissed him. He kissed me back and placed his hand on my chest. I'm so glad we're together again. I missed him so much. I've missed his voice, his smell and his body. I missed everything about him. 

I pushed him gently to wall and glided my half body against him. Our kiss not breaking apart. I reached a hand down to his crotch and massaged his balls from his sweatpants. I moved my lips to his neck, taking in all his manly scent. "Oh, I love you so much", I moaned. I felt him stiffened and put his hands on my shoulders. But I continued and bent down to his s. 

He slowly pushed me back and said, "I need to take a shower." 

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You need to take one NOW?" But why ruin the mood? 

He gave me an easy smile and nodded. "I think so. I'm sweating like a pig, Siwon. And I just came from the gym, I stink." I like how he smells. Musky like mix of lemon and peppermint. If that's what he calls stink, then I must be sick. 

I looked at him playfully. "I don't mind." I leaned closer but he pushed me again. Suddenly, it felt like I was back to the nightmare. I blinked the eerie thought away. 

He shrugged and said, "I do." 

I wiped the corner of his mouth and smiled. "Fine. Let me just join you then?" 

"Psh." He poked me with a finger. "Siwon, please. If you join me I'll never get to clean myself, that's for sure." 

I remembered that in my dream, I did nothing to stop him get on that bike. But that will never happen in real life. So I rested both my hands on the wall, cornering him under my stare. "That's the point, babe." I acted like I was teasing him, but in a way, I wanted to show him that I'll never let him go. 

But he ducked his head and maneuvered to escape me. "Just let me take a shower, Siwon." Then he started walking to the bathroom. 

It scared me for a moment. Thinking that this is starting to get more and more like the dream. But Hae turned around and gave me a bright smile. A smile that assured me that everything's alright, that nothing like that will ever happen in reality. I laughed at myself, feeling a bit silly for being so paranoid. "Fine. But make it quick or I'll sneak in there", I joked then he nodded and shut the door. 


Donghae and I spent the rest of the afternoon cuddling on the swing couch at the balcony. He curled up next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. I told him stories about my experiences in Tokyo and Taipei, and I his arm softly while he quietly listened. It was quite a lovely time. Just him and me having a married couple moment, made even beautiful by our perfect view of the sunset. I knew one ridiculous dream couldn't ruined my day. 

It's almost dark, meaning it's time for dinner. Since neither of us seem to be in the mood to cook tonight, I came up with an idea. "Hey. Why don't we go out for dinner tonight? I always wanted to try this Italian restaurant down the block. I heard they make delicious pizzas." He shifted his head to look at me. "What do you say we go on a little date like the old times?"

Before he answered, he held my face with one hand and stared at me. I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes. And I was about to ask him if he was okay, but he opened his mouth and said, "Sure. That sounds nice." 

After getting ready, we drove down to the restaurant called, Di Matteo. The place was nice. It's decorated with modern interiors and it has a relaxing ambience. It felt as if we were transported to Sicily, Italy the moment we stepped in. 

Donghae ordered for a Spinach Ravioli, I chose to get their Grilled Salmon Puttanesca then we shared a small sized Napoli pizza. While we were eating our meals, I told Hae about this little Japanese girl who asked me to hug her doll. 

"So I handed her doll back then she gave me the cutest smile." I was so animated in telling my story, I didn't notice that he wasn't even listening. He was just staring down on his plate while pushing a slice of pickle with his fork. Hae hasn't said so much since I came back. He wasn't acting cold but it feels different. Like there is something he is not telling me. I reached for his chin and lifted his face up. He looked surprised, like I had just woken him up. "Something wrong, babe?" 

He shook his head and smiled. "No. I'm fine. That's a really nice story." Then he giggled, but it didn't sound genuine at all. 

I didn't want to spoil our dinner, so I decided not to dig deeper. I know he's not going to tell me anyways. I released his chin and sighed airily. "Hmm... You still haven't told me the things you did while I was away. You didn't sulk in the room all week, did you?" 

He paused for a second then he looked at me. "Well, I went shopping with Eunhyuk. I bought you some stuffs too." 

I wiped my mouth with a napkin then held his hand. "You didn't have to, my love. But I'm happy to know that you never forgot about me." He smiled in response and I said, "Tell me more, babe. What else did you do?" 

"Well I... played basketball with Minho like you told me. And... I also hanged out with the guys after one practice." 

"Oh. Where did you guys go?" I feel eased to hear all these things. I was so worried that he'll just bore himself to death and wait for me. It's nice that he went out and had fun. 

He shrugged. "Just at a random restaurant. I forgot the name of it." 

"I didn't expect you to be so productive, my love. I'm glad you followed what I suggested." I leaned forward and gave him a kiss. "Now, I kind of feel like giving you a reward tonight." 

He cocked his head to the side and wondered, "What do you mean?" 

I responded with a wink and said, "You'll find out as soon as we get home." His face broke into a smile and I knew he realized what I was talking about. I took out my wallet and handed him my credit card. "Here's my card. You go get the bill, okay? I'll just go the little men's room. I'll be right back." 

"Okay." I stood up then kissed him on the forehead. I headed to the restroom and finished my business right away. I feel giddy, just thinking about getting laid with my husband tonight. A week without seeing him drove my ual appetite wild. I'll sure give him my best tonight! After washing my hands, I fixed my hair in the mirror and went out. I was on my way back to the table when I saw Donghae on his feet, talking to two guys. 

I approached them and realized it was the two guys we met a few days ago at Samwon Garden. I placed my hand at the small of Hae's back and gave them a polite smile. "Annyeonghaseyo." 

"Err... Siwon, you remember them right? He's Manager-hyung's friend. This is Seon U and... this is his friend Mario. They just came in to have dinner as well." Seon U smiled at me while Hae introduced them, but Mario just watched him talk. 

I extended a hand at Seon U and he shook it. "It's nice to you guys again." Then I turned to Mario and did the same. He looked at me with a stern expression first before he clasped his hand with mine. What is wrong with him? 

"I was a big fan of your show, Poseidon, Siwon-sshi! I think you did a great job", said Seon U with his face beaming at me. 

"Thanks, that's kind of you to say. Uhm. Hey, we'd love to chat longer but we were just leaving and we really have to go." Actually, I just can't really wait to be alone in a room with Donghae. And also, I didn't like the way he was exchanging looks with this Mario guy. 

"Of course, of course. No problem. You Idols have some busy schedules to attend to. I hope we get a time to talk more in the future". Seon U gave me a half bow and I gave one too in return. 

"Likewise. You too have a goodnight, okay?" I turned to Hae and said, "Let's go?" 

He nodded then gave a Seon U a soft smile as a goodbye. Next, he turned to Mario but the guy just crossed his arms and looked away. This guy has some serious attitude problem. 

We walked back to the car and I said to Hae, "What is up with that Mario guy? Did you see how rude he was? He seemed arrogant and cocky. I've never met anyone like him before." 

Hae took a deep breath and replied, "Yeah. Me too." 


I grabbed Donghae from his hips and carried him the moment we got back to the apartment. I took him to the room and threw him to the bed playfully. And before he could protest, I got on top of him and pinned both of wrists on the side. 

He squirmed under me and tried to release his hands. But I gripped them tighter. "No, you're getting away now." 

"Siwon..." He said my name but I couldn't figure if it was a moan or a complain, but I went on nibbling his ear anyways. 

I pressed the growing bulge on my pants against his and started grinding on it. "Siwon, wait... stop", he said again. I ignored him and continued to pleasure him with my tongue. I couldn't wait. No. I waited for a week and that's long enough. I'm a man and I need this. I need him. 

He managed to break away from my hold then pushed me back. "I said stop." I blinked at him and weighed on his expression. He was serious. He looked down and avoided my stare. 

I let go of the tension in my body and tried to relax. "What's wrong now?" 

"Can we just... skip this tonight?" He asked while he twisted his fingers nervously. 

"Why? Are you feeling bad? Do feel sick?" 

"Not really, I just---" 

I cut him off in mid-sentence and fussed, "Then what?! Didn't you miss me at all, Hae?" 

He moved his hands to my face and caressed my cheeks. "No, no. Of course, I missed you Siwon. It's just... I'm not in the mood tonight, okay?" 

The warmth of his hands calmed me down. I closed my eyes and nodded. "Okay. I understand. I'm sorry for yelling at you." 

"It's not your fault... I'm such a lousy husband, I'm sorry." 

"No, don't say that... Come here." I lied down on my back and wrapped an arm around him. I kissed the top his head and whispered, "I will never ever think you are a lousy husband, Hae. You're the best for me, remember that." He didn't say anything. He just circled his hands around me and hugged me tight. 

I held Donghae in my arms and stared at the ceiling while he lied his head on my chest. I lay there and forced myself to think that nothing is wrong. But I know there is, and it's hard to pretend like I don't feel it. Something had changed, I know it in my heart. I can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. Hae is keeping something from me. I'm not sure if he's planning to tell me or not, but I'm going to find out anyways. I will look for the answer myself... no matter how fearful I am to what I may find out.