Chapter 8: Qualities

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 8: Qualities

-

 

That day, Hae Young went home with a newly added phone number to her Contact’s List and a large smile (not to mention, a full stomach).

What should I do?

 

 

Nothing.

The girl laughed at her little joke that was already used more than once, causing some people to stare at her, then quickly passed her by.

Aeyoung shrugged.

People judge.  Don’t let them affect you, Kim Hae Young. It was only a simple, teeny laugh.

What’s to stare at a laughing person?

 

Nothing.

This time, she cracked up more, earning a bunch more glances, but she just brushed them of.

That’s one of the good qualities that Kim Hae Young possessed.

 

-

 

She passed by some cosmetic shops on her walk home.

Makeup. Such a waste of money. She shook her head.

Hae Young couldn’t understand how females could empty their wallets so easily when it comes to shopping for something that is used with a sole purpose to beautify, to make someone appear much more attractive; impressive.

She touched her bare face.

It feels absolutely fine to me.

 

But… that’s in my point of view. How about other people? What would they think? Am I ugly in their eyes?

Hae Young, who was previously indifferent to the judgemental looks thrown her way, started to feel self-conscious.

She walked forward at a faster speed and stopped completely after she caught sight of herself on the reflective glass belonging to one of the many shops around the street.

She looked fine; normal, to say the least.

Oh, but Kim Hae Young didn’t like that word - normal.

She prefered words like ‘attractive’ that was totally fitting in the situation she’s currently in.

Guys like pretty faces right? Daehyun’s a guy, he should like good-looking girls.

She barged into a random costemics shop and looked at the saleswoman with slighly determined eyes.

“Give me anything that’ll make me look glamourous.”

And that’s when she admits her worst flaw: the way she’s confident only for a moment, then falters in the end.

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

A more serious (?) chapter in comparison to the others; how Hae Young wavers quite easily.

A trait that doesn’t really bring one far in life, as a person should - no, must - stand their ground. But it is seen clearly that Hae Young thinks too much sometimes, causing her to forget what she thinks is right and goes to the wrong instead.

And her will to impress.

Well, that’s how her character will develop, as one needs experience to understand and not do a mistake that has been done a second time.

More updates tomorrow!~

 

 

Sweet like --strawberries