Chapter 10: New?

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

 

Chapter 10: New?

-

 

"What is this place?” Hae Young asked.

“Hyojin noona’s studio.”

What? Noona? He has a girlfr-

“No, she’s not my girlfriend, if that’s what you’re assuming. She’s Yongguk hyung’s girl.”

Daehyun gave her a little glare, to which Hae Young rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. It was normal of her to jump to conclusions.

She stared out of the little window on one of the walls then turned to look at her surroundings. For a studio, it was quite small.

Maybe Yongguk and Hyojin want some private space?

 

 

Ugh, Hae Young, you’re disgusting.

“We should get going. It’s dark,” Daehyun suggested. Hae Young got out her seat and grabbed her bag.

“Oh yeah, don’t use that bag. It makes you look like you’re thirty,” the boy teased.

Hae Young gave him a look then snapped, “You don’t look young either!”

There was a silence.

Ooops.

“Why you-“

 

-

 

 

 

Hae Young looked at Daehyun skeptically. Daehyun noticed her doubtful expression and let out an exasperated sigh.

“I’m nineteen! Seriously! Can’t you see this beautiful, young face of mine? Guys like me are hard to come by,” he said with such confidence, such pride, that Hae Young staggered a little.

“Gosh, Dae! I’m the same age as you, but I don’t talk about myself that way,” she steadied herself. “Even my shoes can’t support me anymore after hearing your bold statement!” she exclaimed.

An audible chortle could be heard from the boy.

“That’s ‘cause you’re too fat and heavy!”

His outburst was followed by an even louder smack on the arm (which hurt).

 

 

-

 

 

Hae Young welcomed the start of another day by patting her coffee machine (that was left unfixed).

Thanks for refusing to function!

However, Hae Young can’t get a cup of coffee from the café that morning; she had to meet Haeri to help her with homework (well not really; Haeri just wanted to copy Hae Young’s answer when they reached school).

She spotted Haeri waiting for her at the bus stop. She ran towards her best friend.

“Hi Haeri. Sorry for being late.”

Silence.

Only the sound of passing cars and others talking could be heard.

Hae Young stared at her. She noticed that Haeri was looking downwards.

“Haeri?” Hae Young peered over Haeri’s shoulder and saw the words ‘new handsome guy at school’.

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

Update no. 2!

Yes, Yonnguk (well, sort of), Hyojin and Haeri are in here.

Well, I did mention in one chapter that Yongguk was in lov- crap (LOL my reference to that is so fitting).

So… who’s this ‘new handsome guy at school’? >:D

 

Sweet like --strawberries