Chapter 19: Ten Minutes

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 19: Ten Minutes

-

 

Hae Young and Daehyun laughed at Haeri’s stupefied expression.

“Oh. My gosh. Your ideas are golden, Hae, GOLDEN. How can you think like that in such a situation?” she looked at Hae Young with awe and admiration, to which a round of eye rolling was sent her way as a response.

“Well, Hae Young’s a pretty weird person, so it doesn’t really come off as a surprise when she told me the whole thing. That whole bucket of chicken was like popcorn; she retold the whole thing so vividly that it was better than watching a movie,” Daehyun spoke.

Oh compliments, please do keep piling in.

At first, Daehyun couldn’t - no, won’t - believe that his “best buddy” did such a thing.

Well, Jae Hwa is a man and Hae Young is attractive. A point could easily be derived from the information stated.

Daehyun’s doubt vanished completely when he realised that Jae Hwa was not present, and most of the girls in class were with saddened expressions with their lower lip jutting out and the overall male population  seemed pretty happy (except the teachers though; they couln’t care less and it’s not like Jae Hwa’s a valedictorian or something).

Heh.

 

-

 

Hae Young didn’t need to look around to be sure; standing tall at a hundred and seventy two centimeters, she was sure that Jae Hwa had flown back to America because of the… incident.

But there’s a chance that he might show up tomorrow though.

At the thought of this, she frowned. She quickly shook her head and tried to think more positively:

A day without him is good enough.

 

 | “Oppa, where are you? You said you’ll be here by seven but it’s already nine!”

To this, Jae Hwa asked, “Babe, do you love me?”

Hae Young caught herself flinching upon hearing the pet name; a reaction that didn’t happen whenever he called her that a year ago and actually shouldn’t had happened then. Plus, the question was those type of random ones.

She was no dummy; she realised in time that her relationship with him started to feel forced, almost like effort has to be put in to keep it up and she could hardly recall a time when everything was enjoyable with him around.

That was when she got suspicious, wary and doubtful of him; she clearly couldn’t trust him anymore.

Hesistantly, she answered “Y-yes. Very much.”

She was asked to wait “a little while longer”, but Hae Young should’ve known that her definition of a “while” doesn’t really tally with Jae Hwa’s.

She decided to stay for ten more mintues just in case.

He still didn’t show up.

“Well, I guess it’s time to call it a day,” She thought.

Hae Young finished the remaining drops of orange juice - a drink she certainly did not frequent - and paid for it before leaving the place, just to walk into a scene with none other than her dearest Jae Hwa finishing up a kiss, and the female looked at him flirtatiously.

“That is definitely not his cousin.” she muttered under her breath, putting so much strength in each step she took towards the two people.

Sickly sweet smile on her face, Kim Hae Young pronounced three words with such clarity and utter seriousness that the smile seemed very out of place.

“Babe, it’s o-ver.”

 

The exact same forced smile crept up her lips.

“Good times,” she shook her head once more. “Really good times.”

 

==============================================================================================

 

Babe, it’s o-ver” pronounced as “Bayb, it’s oh-vurrr.” Speak like so, in a Diva Dae fashion. And who says Hae can't be a divah? XD

And here ya go! Omygash, this came out reaaaallly late. Like seriously.

I was actually planning to finish this ‘chapter’ three days after the previous one to give y’all a break from the chapter before.

That’s got to be my fav so far. I’ll type how I got the idea in the last chapter, where I state all I know about coffee and cheesecakes (well, almost all my knowledge on those two) along with it :D

Till next time!

 

Sweet like --strawberries