Chapter 12: The Same Old

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 12: The Same Old

-

 

I think this is far too much to be counted as so-called revenge, Mrs Lee. A bad memory from the past returning as punishment given to me for merely cheating off a test do not come together very well, no no.

Haeri looked over at Hae Young, worry evident on her face.

“Hae Young, are you all right?” Haeri asked, but Hae Young remained stiff and silent.

She understood why Haeri had been looking around cautiously, beeing careful around her, and even keeping her phone away.

So he’s the new student, huh? Psh, it’s not his first time here.

Hae Young looked up with reluctance. It’s been a long time since she’d seen that face, and that was a good thing in her opinion.

 His appearance stayed the same.

Hae Young wondered whether his attitude changed since he left Korea for America three years back.

She knew nothing changed at all of Jae Hwa when he winked at one of the girls, followed by a flirty flying kiss aimed at another.

 

-

 

So it is true; starting a day without coffee will result in me being moody.

When she turned to the left, she witnessed a somewhat revolting (in her opinion) scene of Jae Hwa eyeing a girl’s… rear end.

Ugh, such a ert!

She looked forward and quickened her pace, leaving Haeri behind by a bit.

Both girls entered the cafeteria; Haeri with a slightly annoyed expression and Hae Young’s not-so-curious face at the sight of a large crowd right in front of them.

Obviously, the whole school must’ve heard of his return, and even before he left, he wasn’t exactly a nobody.

He was like all those other typical guys in the ‘popular’ fraction of the school with an affluent background, spoiling them and they were also playboys, needless to say.

Glancing at the teachers nearby, Hae Young realised that she wasn’t the only one that wasn’t exactly thrilled to see him again (apart from Haeri).

 

-

 

The rest of the day went by uneventfully. Hae Young liked it that way.

Nice, quiet, peaceful.

Just like Daehyun’s café, even though he doesn’t own it.

With one last wave at his ‘fangirls’ and an extra smile, Lee Jae Hwa entered his fancy limousine and was out of sight almost immediately.

A huge, wide smile lit up Hae Young’s face; beautifying it better than any brand of makeup (she learnt her lesson).

The pest is now gone.

“Hae Young, I have to go home as soon as possible; my uncle’s paying a visit after so many years, so I don’t think I can skip this one.”

Hae Young smirked. Her best buddie was known for her absence from family occasions, even special ones, just for some shut-eye. She just shrugs it off like it’s nothing if one her cousins related the whole event to her; down to the detail of what was type of meat used and how tender it was, things like that.

Hae Young knew that Haeri had a soft spot for her uncle; she’s been through a lot and her uncle has been there for her. Haeri even admitted that sometimes her uncle gave off this motherly vibe, no matter how unsual it might sound.

“It’s all right, I’ll see you tomorrow. Run along!”  Hae Young replied in her British accent (it sounded really weird; she’s speaking in Korean).

Haeri smiled then bade goodbye before speeding her way home.

I guess I’m on my own now.

Or so she thought.

She looked back when she heard a faraway voice calling her.

It was a brown-haired boy that came running towards her; placing his hands on his knees momentarily to catch his breath.

He looked up and stared straight into her eyes.

“Hi.”

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

Sorry for the long wait… Was busy (as usual).

All right, seriously, it’s just so blatant to who Jae Hwa is right? It will be emphasized in the chapters to come. So… yeah, Hae Young obviously can’t survive without coffee but who’s this brown-haired boy?

Keep your assumptions to yourself, if you may :> We have to think for ourselves.

Plus, I edited the title (it looked a bit off, and now it kinda looks a 'lil bettah) and the foreword, adding some extra information there, so you might wanna check it out.

Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate them and reply to them :>

 

Sweet like --strawberries