Chapter 5: Blurt it out

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 5: Blurt it out

-

 

“DAEEE!”

Grunt.

“DAEEEEEEE.”

Another grunt.

“JUNG DAEHYUN GET THE FU-“

“All right, all right! Gosh!” Daehyun got off his bed. He shouldn’t have stayed up all night to watch that drama.

But I just couldn’t help it; it was about coffee…

 

Wait. Coffee.

THE CAFÉ!

 

“Oh my gosh hyung who took over for me?” he asked Yongguk with wide eyes.

With a simple look at the younger, Daehyun knew it was Himchan.

He sighed.

“Why did no one wake me up?”

Yongguk said that he tried to, but waking up Daehyun was a very arduous task, even for the manly “leader” of the group of friends.

“Besides,” he added, “you’ve been on duty for two weeks straight; you need to get a rest.”

Daehyun simply nodded, not wanting to anger his hyung, because Yongguk could snap easily sometimes, depending on his mood.

The chances of Yongguk getting angry that day were surprisingly low; he smiled a great deal.

“Hyung, why are you all smiles today? It’s really getting on my nerves, you know. It's not like you smile much, it kinda freaks me out.” Daehyun blurted out, clamping his mouth shut a little too late.

Yongguk gave him a look.

“Can’t I be happy? Gosh, Dae. You don’t know what it feels like to be in lov- crap.”

Now it was Yongguk’s turn to shut his mouth.

Also like Daehyun’s case, his mouth shut a tad too late, earning him one of Daehyun’s ‘oooo-hyung-you-got-caught’ face, the one that was reserved for situations like these.

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

Just a little short chapter to explain Dae’s absence from the previous chapter and Yongguk's appearance in the story :))

Oh yeah, the mention of school in chapter   was actually those type of extra holiday lessons, thus explaining why it’s all right for Dae to wake up late. Daehyun’s school is different from Hae Young’s, hence also explaining why Daehyun has no classes thisss hooollliiidaaaayyy.

I read back all my chapters and came across some mistakes and edited them. Yes, I do check but my eyes do miss out some words/ grammatical errors. For that, I apologise. I'll work harder!

Updates coming up soon! Anticipate it!

 

Sweet like --strawberries