Chapter 7: Acquainted

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

(PLEASE read the Author’s note below after reading!)

Chapter 7: Acquainted

-

 

“Daehyun, can you sit with me for a while? I’m really bored; there’s no morning rush for me today,” Hae Young asked.

Daehyun looked a little bit surprised (who wouldn’t be?) but sat across her, nevertheless.

“Why are you here alone? Aren’t there supposed to be more than one employee here?” Hae Young asked again.

Daehyun tried to remember what his boss said when he first started working in the café. When it finally came back to his mind, he answered with a smile, “Well, the café has this rule that trainees like me must be left alone for a month and if there’s no complaint from the customers, I’m part of this family,”

“Oh… That’s kinda cool. But don’t you ever get lonely?”

“Well of course I do. The worst part is that it gets scary sometimes, especially at night. The working hours are from 7.30 a.m. to 9 p.m., but most of the time, it’s all right. I live by myself too, anyway,”

Taking a sip of her caramel mocha and a bite of her glazed crossaint, nodding.

So he lives alone too…

Daehyun suddenly got up and scurried back to his place at the counter. Hae Young choked on her food as a result of the sudden movement and Daehyun glanced at her apologetically thentook the customer’s (who just came in) order.

Daehyun sat back in front of Hae Young after the man left the café.

“I’m sor-“

“There is no need to apologise, Dae, everything’s fine.”

Well, it’s a good thing that I didn’t take a huge bite, or that chunk would've cut off my oxygen supply.

 

“I hope you don’t mind me calling you Dae, because I tend to get closer to people when I call them by the shortened version of their names.”

He shook his head, as if saying ‘I don’t mind.’

Hae Young stretched her hand out.

“By tche whay," she began. "I'm Kheem Hay Yang,”, the bite of crossaint that she was munching on muffling her words.

Daehyun let out a small chuckle.

“Jung Daehyun, or Dae as you like to call me by.”

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

I’m so very sorry about these past few updateless days. I’ve private-messaged some of you using my backup account ‘--strawberriesbackup’ about the matter of me getting logged out of AFF and I can’t log back in, hence there were no updates.

Should anything like this happen again, I’ll be updating from my backup account, and it doesn’t count as plagiarising as it’s still me J)

So yeah, finally now the two know each other! And no, trainees don't always mean those trainees that practice day and night for their respective managements... And...

Hey, TheBlackRabbit.

Thank you so much for helping! Look out for a PM from me! 

That is all.

‘See’ y’all tomorrow with longer chappies!   

 

 

Sweet like --strawberries