Chapter 15: Being Glamourous

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 15: Being Glamourous

-

 

“A little bit biased now, aren’t you?” Hae Young tilted her head to the right as a small smile appeared slowly on her face.

“But, you know, those are the words you say to someone you’re romantically involved with.”

This is going to be so entertaining.

Daehyun cringed a little and tried to cover up his uneasiness with a smile. He fumbled with his fingers, trying to come up with a plausible excuse.

“Well um, let’s just say I treat everyone equally, all right?”

Right, that should do it. He thought.

Hae Young nodded. Oh, how she loved putting Daehyun on the spot, with his now very red cheeks and all. It made him look younger (somehow, because blushing boys look cute, Hae Young thinks). She decided to “let it go” this time, but she made a mental note to always make him feel awkward when given the chance.

“Very well then, Sir Jung Daehyun.”

No more words were exchanged. Both of them were just sitting there, butts making contact with the quite comfortable chair they were on.

Hae Young breathed in, a scent filling her nostrils. The aroma of coffee was simply fragrant; she was familiar to this particular smell since she was a child.

Thanks, Dad.

She smiled (unknowingly) and gazed softly at her cup of coffee.

Daehyun knew that it was more than just a simple smile and that she wasn’t expressing her fondness for coffee with it.

It’s something much more profound. That, I know.

Hae Young looked up at him, smile still seen clearly on her face. It beckoned out to Daehyun, as if saying, “Come on, smile with me! You have a pair of lips don’t you?”

So he did what he should, sharing the silent happiness with the girl in front of him

 

-

 

“Oh, so you’re the so-called ‘handsome new student’ eh? Who would’ve thought…”

Hae Young set the empty cup on the table gently, and then faced Daehyun, noticing his sudden posture that she has seen more than once in less than a month.

His arms were folded and he was leaning back with an all-too-familiar expression on his face.

Oops.

“Seriously, Hae Young? Who would’v- who would’ve thought?” he sat up straight, looking at her directly in the eye.

“How many times must I keep repeating this, Hae? I. AM. A. DIVA. And all divas were simply born to be glamourous. Hence, I’m glamourous. Why wouldn’t a glamourous person be called handsome when he’s a male? Like in my case?”

“I think you used the word ‘glamourous’ and emphasized on it too muc-“

“And that, Hae Young, is because the word actually describes itself. You’re just jealous because you’re…”

“Shut it.”

Daehyun eyed Hae Young, a playful smirk spread across his face.

Hae Young demon eye-sparkled Daehyun.

Still, Daehyun being Daehyun, he let out that one word.

“…fat.”

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

OMG I’m so sorry for this late update. I was away (vaaacaation) and had no internet access whatsoever. I was planning to update on Monday but- all right I’ll stop here, because it just feels like I’m giving y’all excuses. Anyway, don’t forget to drop a comment and feel free to PM me or something :>

 

Sweet like --strawberries