Chapter 17: Frappuccino

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

Chapter 17: Frappuccino

-

 

“I’m hum - no, diva - thank you very much. Any adjectives other than that are rejected,” Daehyun shouted from a distance.

A warm smile crept up on Hae Young’s face, and so does a remark in her mind.

The self-proclaimed ‘diva’ jogged to her, closing up the distance between them.

“I get the phrase, but can’t you sugarcoat it at least a bit? It hurt,” he did his best ‘I’m-so-hurt’ face, but it doesn’t seem to do it’s magic on Hae Young.

She was immune to it, trained for years to resist from giving in to such mushy, pleading faces like what Daehyun gave her (all thanks to Haeri).

“Well, I get what you’re trying to say. You mean I can’t descibe you with any word other that ‘diva’, right?”

Daehyun’s head bobbed up and down.

“So, what you’re saying is, you’re just a diva, nothing else?”

Another nod from Daehyun.

Hae Young’s face lit up and she clasped her hands together. She looked up into the sky, wiping a tear (that wasn’t even there in the first place) away and flicked a finger slightly, adding a dramatic flair to her sudden act.

“God, I thank you for allowing me to live up to this day,” she began.

“It is finally the day when Jung Daehyun admits that he is not glorious and dashing as he usually claims himself to be.”

 

-

 

He huffed while working on a caramel frappuccino ordered by none other than Hae Young herself.

“Why should I even do this when you’ve insulted my whole being?” he muttered in his lowest tone of voice.

Hae Young waved the matter away in quite a feminine fashion, shuttig him up and putting him back to work.

“Dae, I’m paying for this - I’m a customer here, and I pay, you work. That’s how it goes right?”

He sighed.

He walked to the table Hae Youngwas at and as usual, set the tray down gently and placed the frappuccino and an oreo cheesecake diagonally from each other and sat oppsite Hae Young.

His head made contact with the table.

Daehyun stared down at the clip attached to his apron (which he likes to think of it as a manly one, that apron).

Eleven more days to go‘till we’re separated.

A pleasant sound made him sit up.

Since it wasn’t expected, he couldn’t really process in his mind whether was it Hae Young’s giggle or the bell sounding.

Looking at her, he decided that it most probably didn’t come from Hae Young; she was too preocuppied in enjoying her meal to laugh so suddenly.

“Um, excuse me?”

Wow, for a second there, I thought he was-

Oh wait.

He is.

“Place an order other than green tea frappucinno, please.”

 

=========================================================================================

Oooh, Dae being slightly emo this time, whilst staring at his name tag? I wonder why… Keke!

Just a short chappie to... I dunnioioo

I feel quite confortable writing this chappie in my favourite lime green t-shirt and glow-in-the-dark pants (they don’t come cheap; that I must say). It’s late here where I am, but it’s the weekends so I could’nt care less :>

Strawberry, out!

P.S. Janus.

P.P.S. JAYNUS

 

Sweet like --januses

*don’t kill me. I love the song just a little bit too much.