Chapter 11: No

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee


 

Chapter 11: No

-

 

“Wha- ohmygoshmoveaway I WANT YOU TO MOVE AWAY!”

At Haeri’s sudden command, Hae Young backed away (or more like stumbled back).

She looked up with a bewildered look on her face. Hae Young clearly wasn’t expecting such a greeting from Haeri.

“What’s wrong?” Hae Young stayed in her position.

Haeri looked somewhat flustered. “Umm, nothing. Just that you know, you shouldn’t be snooping at my phone, where really private things happened to be stored in,” her tone sounding really off; added with an awkward laugh.

Silence.

Hae Young looked at her best friend doubtfully.

“All… right?”

Another silence ensued, and both girls were feeling uncomfotable.

Just seconds after, the bus arrived. Haeri went up the bus quickly and sat down. She squirmed a bit when Hae Young sat next to her.

What’s wrong with her?

-

 

“Uhm, Hae Young, can you just stay here? Just for a bit? I have to check on something.”

She nodded and stood with her arms folded, curious of what Haeri was up to. Her behaviour was very different, like she’s trying to avoid something.

Or someone.

But who? Hae Young thought. She had no bullies, no enemies whatsoever. Everyone on campus knew that if they spot Hae Young with a cup of coffee and a wide smile on her face, she’s totally in a good mood and is very approachable as her day started well.

They would avoid her a little when her hands were empty and her hair was messed up, obviously because she was cranky and probably  everyone wouldn’t dare to talk to her. Everyone, even the teachers.

Well, except for Haeri, she had special friend privileges that way.

But it doesn’t make sense. No one’s here in the school except the both of us.

Haeri popped her head out from behind one of the pillars after scanning for anyone in the school (they arrived very early; the only people ther than them were the security guards) and did a ‘come here’ motion with her hand and Hae Young, understanding the signal, went over.

“Why are you acting like a spy? Is something wrong?” Hae Young looked around, a result of  Haeri’s anxiousness rubbing off on her.

Haeri shook her head, and with the help of a yellow flashlight, led Hae Young to their first classroom for the day; Mathematics.

 

-

 

Hae Young placed her head on her table and sighed. She had nothing to do; a total opposite of Haeri who was then copying the answers to the homework given the previous day.

Sometimes, Haeri’s tomboy attitude doesn’t help her much with stuff like these.

Hae Young was sure that her friend had had fun playing that awful soccer game she finally purchased some days before.

“Done! Thank you very much!” Haeri stretched her arms before throwing the piece of paper carelessly at Hae Young.

“Hey! Just because we're born on the same day doesn’t mean you can do that! I’m still twenty seven seconds older than you!”

“Oh, I’m sorry unnie. You’re just too old to be disrespected. Please accept my apology.”

Hae Young glared at Haeri with what she called her ‘demon eye-sparkle’, causing Haeri to duck her head down to avoid it.

It can get pretty creepy when Hae Young does that eye-sparkle of hers, especially when she smiles and tilts her head to the side just to freak Haeri out.

 

-

 

Soon , pupil by pupil entered the classroom.

Hae Young noticed that all of them were clutching their handphones really tightly.

The boys had downcast eyes and plopped down on their seats (they looked very much lifeless) while the girls were squealing with delight.

What the heck is going on?People, I’m trying to read a book here!

All of a sudden, the girls’ shrieks got louder and higher in pitch and stopped all at once when someone entered the room.

Hae Young, attention still on her book, heard things she didn’t want to hear.

 

“The king is back!”

“He’s soo… very dreamy…”

 

Wait. No. Please!

 

 

 

No, just no!

A person’s soft whisper did it all.

 

 

“Lee Jae Hwa.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

Oh yeah, this is the real starting of all the drama-mama!

Lee Jae Hwa? Who is he, you might ask.

Well, look through the chapters and you may just find out who he is. It has been written in one of the chapters quite discreetly, so as to make it not so obvious :>   Hehe~

Have fun figuring it out!

 

Sweet like --strawberries