Chapter 13: Brown

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

 

Chapter 13: Brown

-

 

  “Hi”

Hae Young stared at him. He looks so darn familiar…

The boy stood up properly and held out his hand. “I’ve been looking for a school, and this place seemed the most fitting because it’s just so nearbly my house and the café. And you’re here too! How wonderful. Well, we should introduce each other as schoolmates now.”

As usual, there was an awkward silence before Hae Young's reply.

“Uhm, do I know you? I think I do, but my mind’s a bit foggy,” Hae Young cocked her head to one side, making him inwardly squeal.

But when he finally registered her confusion as her not recognising who he was, he narrowed his eyes, put his best ‘oh-come-on’ look and put his hand on his hips for extra effect.

“You… don’t know who I am right?”

Hae Young shook her head.

“Gosh - all right. Look into my eyes. See anything special, anything familiar?”

She shook her head a little, but she did remember seeing those particular eyes somewhere…

He huffed. “Look at this beautiful pose right in front of you and this much more beautiful face. Now tell me who I am.”

 

|“I’m nineteen! Seriously! Can’t you see this beautiful, young face of mine? Guys like me are hard to come by,” he said with such confidence, such pride, that Hae Young staggered a little.

 

Him praising himself just made Hae Young remember someone. The boy remained silent for a while, giving her some time to think.

Her eyes lit up.

Who else would talk of himself in such a cocky manner?

“Heh. Jung Daehyun, welcome to Seoul.”

 

-

 

“You are very good at guessing, Hae. I’m impressed,” Daehyn commented.

Hae Young shot a pointed look at him.

“Don’t call me that. I hate it,” and she wasn’t lying. Any other girl that went with the same name as hers would probably swoon after hearing that little nickname, but obviously not Hae Young. With a simple reason, it brought back unpleasant memories.

 

“All right, all right, sour grape. But how did you know I’m not from Seoul?  Don’t tell me it’s because of my…accent,” he looked a little uncomfortable talking about it.

Another look from Hae Young sent his way told him his assumption was right.

 

-

 

They walked towards the café side by side.

“Why is your hair brown? I’m used to the blonde hairdo, it’s taking a while to remember that it’s you and not your non-existent sibling or something,” Hae Young spoke.

Daehyun reached up to touch his hair. Somehow, it felt softer.

“Well, I came to Seoul to start anew, and the only thing left to leave in the past is my blondeness. Plus,” he added, “don’t you think this hair colour makes me look more charming? It looks so nice and natural on me; I don’t know why I didn’t dye my hair to this earlier.”

Hae Young stumbled the same way she did the last time, even without using her high heels. She walked ahead of Daehyun so that he couldn’t hear what she was about to say (not that it was so overly offensive though).

“Confident cheesecake.”

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

Hehe, some of y’all guessed it already, but Y U put in comments? I told ya not to, but oh well.

Any way, the dialouges are spoken in ‘Korean’ but we probably can’t understand it as much as it’s written in English, so yeh.

The next time I put this symbol  ---> @#$%^&   , it means “PM ME IF U-KNOW WHAT/WHO IT IS! :>”

Drop a comment, will you?

 

Sweet like --strawberries