Chapter 1: Morning Coffee

A Slice of Cheesecake with a Cup of Coffee

 

                                Chapter 1: Morning Coffee

                                                             -

 

Hae Young tossed and her now very messy bed, groaning. She didn’t want to get up just yet.

But I have to. She thought. I must.

Slapping herself awake, she sat up, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the brightness of her room and she regretted not pulling down the window blinds the night before. Her eyes were fixed on the digital clock in a shape of a cup of coffee as the numbers "10:00" blinked. Her eyes widened.

It’s ten already? I didn't know I was so sleep deprived.

She then turned to her left, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She frowned slightly as she noticed the circles around her eyes getting darker by the day. She sighed, a habit that has been with her since she heard her mother do it whenever she was stressed (but that's another matter entirely).

She got out of bed and walked towards her kitchen. Being tall, she simply took her favourite mug - with coffee beans printed all over - and sauntered over to her somewhat ‘ancient’ coffee machine and pressed on one of the buttons.

She frowned once more.

Setting her mug on the kitchen counter, she tried again.

The machine lit up, and Hae Young rolled her eyes (in relief; as a day cannot start without coffee, she thinks). As if the machine caught her eye-rolling, its lights dimmed a bit, and eventually died on her yet again.

What? No! She thought.

She pressed on the button harder. After some minutes of trying to get the already spoilt machine to function, she gave up and decided to visit the newly openened café down the street (this was her last resort, and now she has no choice).

She washed up and clothed herself, thinking that a trip down to a café to order a cup of coffee won’t take long, she didn’t put on make up.

                                                                                        -  

The sound of chimes could be heard as Hae Young entered the café, causing the young man at the counter to look up.

Hae Young looked around and found herself smiling at the minimalist but cozy look of the café’s interior. She felt like she wanted to stay and drink her morning coffee here.

“Hi, um, good morning. What would you like to order?” a voice that had a slight accent asked.

Upon hearing his voice, she snapped back to reality. Flashing a smile at the man before her, she spoke “A cup of black coffee, please.”

He smiled back. “Sure, coming right up!” he replied, and gestured for her to sit down while waiting. She nodded.

I think I really should stay here, just for a while.

And stay in the café she did.

 

 

 

=========================================================================================

The first chapter :) How was it? I hope it wasn't too boring (my first chapter's are quite 'rocky' and awkward sometimes)...

Please leave some comments below for motivation, it really makes my day + makes me happy when I see comments :)) 

 

 

Sweet like --strawberries