The funeral

Will I ever be able to see you?

The dinner was a little awkward. The boys all noticed something had changed between Min Jee and Jonghyun, but what they didn't know. The dinner past by silently and while the boys washed the dishes, Key took Min Jee apart.

"Min Jee, what happened between you and Jonghyun? It was really awkward just now. Did you fight again? What did he do to you?" Key asked worried, but Min Jee smiled.

"Don't worry, Key. He didn't do anything to me, at least nothing wrong." She said and she giggle. Key frowned.

"Wait, what do you mean by that?" He asked and he grabbed her hand. 

"He-he kissed me." Min Jee said and she blushed. 

It stayed silent for a moment, then Key began to laugh. "Oh, now I get it! You two made up and in what way?! Jonghyun really knows how to make up with girls." He joked and he hugged Min Jee. "I'm glad everything is okay between you two, but could you please let go of the awkwardness? It's really unpleasant to live in." He whispered in her ear and Min Jee giggle again.

"Of course, Key. I'm sorry, I didn't know it bothered you so much." She said and she freed herself.

"So... Are you an item now?" Key asked teasingly and he punched her arm playfully.

Min Jee blushed. "I-I don't know. He didn't say anything after the kiss, so I'm not sure." She said and she actually felt a little disappointed.

"Oh Key, can I ask you a question?" She asked then when she remembered something.

"Of course, what's the matter?" Key said curious.

"Why doesn't Jonghyun want to sing anymore? What happened?" She asked carefully and she felt Key freeze before her.

"I don't think I'm the right person to tell you that." He said softly.

"But why not? Jonghyun doesn't want to tell me and he gets angry every time I begin about it. We made a deal just now that I wouldn't ask him about his singing, but I really want to know." She stammered.

"If you promised him that, I don't think it's right what you're doing right now. Just accept his refusal to sing and if the time is right, he will tell you why." Key said and he squeezed her shoulder before walking away, leaving Min Jee behind in shock.

 

A few hours later, when she lay in bed, she thought about what Key had said to her. She really wanted to know why Jonghyun didn't want to sing anymore. She was surprised that she cared so much. She liked Jonghyun and not only his voice, right? She shook her head confused. This wasn't the time to worry about that. Tomorrow the mother of Jonghyun would be buried and they all were invited to the funeral. Min Jee really wanted to be there to support him, but she also felt a little worried about herself. How would she react when she was on a graveyard again? She didn't want to be reminded of her parents death even more than she already thought about them.

She sighted. *Well, we'll see how tomorrow goes.* She thought sleepy and she soon fell asleep, dreaming of a boy with a beautiful who was singing for her the whole night.

 


 

"Jonghyun, are you ready?"

The boys all waited for their friend to come down. He had been upstairs for a few hours now and they had to go to the funeral now. The boys all understood the difficulty Jonghyun was facing and they really wanted to be there for him.

Min Jee hadn't spoken with Jonghyun since their kiss. She just didn't know what to say and she had been avoiding him ever since, what wasn't that difficult with four other boys to interact with. Now she stood beside Onew, nervously smoothing her black dress. She actually didn't want to go, but she knew she had to be strong now for Jonghyun.

A few minutes later Jonghyun came down. His eyes were already puffy and reddish from the crying. Key hugged him when he came down stairs and then they left for the funeral. 

 

"We're gathered here to remember a good friend, mother and woman." 

The voice of the pastor didn't really penetrated Min Jee's mind.All that mattered now was Jonghyun. She just felt him beside her and she didn't really know what to do.

*I know how you feel, Jonghyun. It's terrible, right? To see someone you love disappear in the ground?" She thought sadly and she felt a tear roll her face. 

Suddenly she felt someone's fingers interlock with hers. She immediately recognized Minho's hand and she squeezed his hand. Impulsively she grabbed Jonghyuns hand and she interlocked their fingers. She felt a little hesitation, but then he squeezed back. 

She smiled. On that moment she realized how lucky she was she didn't die a few weeks back. Then she wouldn't have known the boys and she wouldn't feel this feeling.

Because, yes, Min Jee felt something. Her heart swelled up with the love she felt coming through the hands she held and she knew.

She knew she would never be alone again and she slowly felt the tears roll down her face.