The proposal

Will I ever be able to see you?

A week long Min Jee was getting used to her sight and she loved it. Although it had only been a bit more than a year that she had been blind, it had felt like an eternity.

Every day the boys came to visit her and every time Min Jee saw Jonghyun coming through the door her heart skipped a beat. He smiled his familiar smile and quickly kissed her on the lips every time he came. The ability to see him was what made her the most happy and she tried to enjoy the time with him to the fullest.

Finally she was released from the hospital. Jonghyun came to pick her up.

"Where are the others?" She asked, but Jonghyun just smiled.

"You'll see, princess." He said and he softly kissed her forehead.

They drove back home and Jonghyun leaded her to the door. The moment she came walking into the living room, an explosion of sound was heard. Surprised Min Jee looked around and laughed when she saw who was responsible for the chaos.

The four boys and Hana all smiled at her and welcomed her home. Above them a big banner hang at the wall:

Welcome home, Min Jee! 

"Thank you, guys! I can't believe you did this for me." Min Jee said and she wiped away some tears in the corner of her eyes. Hana hugged her tightly and also cried a little.

"I'm so glad you're alright now. Let's hope life will work out for you from now on. In a week college will begin again and you'll be able to begin your studies again." She said and Min Jee smiled. She hadn't been able to study last year because of the death of her parents and her blindness. Now she was finally ready and she wanted to study really hard.

"Oh, I'm sure life will work out of you." Key said to her and he secretly winked at Jonghyun. He blushed a little, but Min Jee didn't notice. She was hugging Onew and talking with Taemin.

"Jong, if you want to propose to her you'll have to do it before college begins again. After that she will have enough to worry about." Key said softly to his friend and Jonghyun nodded.

He had thought about it himself. During the week Min Jee was in the hospital he had already bought a ring. With some contribution of the boys, he was able to buy a pretty ring. He had talked to Hana about the possibility of him marrying Min Jee, but hadn't said he would propose to her. Hana had been very enthusiastic, so Jonghyun saw that as an approval for his proposal.

He sighted. He felt the nerves coming up and he quickly checked if the ring was still in his pocket. He had told nobody he wanted to propose to her right now. He looked at Min Jee while she was now talking to Minho. He had to do it now or never, he realized and he took a deep breath.

"Everybody, can I get your attention!" He yelled and immediately it became quiet in the room.

"We're all here to welcome Min Jee back home. I'm so glad everything worked out for her." He said and he held his hand out to her. Min Jee smiled and came walking to him. She grabbed his hand and hugged him quickly.

"Min Jee, you know I love you more than I could ever love anyone. I even love you more than myself, I think." He said and the others laughed a little.

"I can't imagine my life without you already. You pulled me through the hardest time of my life and asked nothing in return. I never wanna lose you and therefore..." Jonghyun took the ring out of his pocket, sank down on one knee and looked up to the girl he loved more than his own life.

"Lee Min Jee, will you marry me?"

It became deadly quiet in the room and Min Jee just stared at the ring in his hands. Slowly Jonghyun began to feel really uncomfortable and he turned red. The boys all grinned like idiots and Hana just held her hand for with eyes big of shock.

"Uhm... If you don't want to, just say so and I'll bury myself in a hole right now." Jonghyun said softly and he felt a few tears forming in the corner of his eyes. He let his head hang down and was ready to face a big no.

"I-I... Yes... Yes, YES! I want to marry you. I love you too so much!" Min Jee finally said and Jonghyun's head jerked up. He looked at Min Jee with big eyes of surprise and his mouth fell open.

"A-Are you sure? I mean..." He stammered, but Min Jee just kept nodding while tears streamed down her face.

Jonghyun felt a warm feeling spreading from his heart and a big smile formed on his face. He put the ring on Min Jee's ring finger and stood up.

A few moments they just looked into each others eyes. Then Jonghyun took her in his arms and kissed her passionately. He turned around and laughing Min Jee let her feet swing into the air.

The boys all cheered and Hana just cried.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" The boys all screamed and they hugged the happy couple when Jonghyun had finally put Min Jee down.

"Man, I knew you were panning this, but I had never expected you to do it so soon." Onew said and he slapped Jonghyun on his shoulder. The latter grinned.

"I didn't want to wait any longer. I love her too much to not ask her to marry me right now." He answered and the boys all chuckled.

"Since when did you become so good with words?" Key .

"Yah! What do you mean? I've always been good with words." Jonghyun yelled and he laughed.

Min Jee was in the meanwhile talking with Hana.

"I'm so glad for you, baby." Her aunt cried and she hugged her niece tightly.

"I-I can still not believe it is happening. A few weeks ago I tried to commit suicide and now I'm engaged and I've never been so happy. I just wish my parents were here to see it." She said and she cried too.

"I'm sure they're watching you from up above. They are just as thrilled by the wedding as we all are." Hana assured and they both smiled.

Min Jee walked to her fiancee and smiled. *My fiancee... I can't believe I'm thinking this. I'm so lucky.* She thought and she felt a feeling of intense happiness shooting through her body.

"I think it's time to leave those two alone now. They have enough to talk about, I think." Minho said and he winked.

Jonghyun blushed lightly and nodded thankfully to Minho. The boys and Hana all left the house and Jonghyun and Min Jee were left alone.

Slowly Jonghyun took Min Jee in his arms and kissed her softly.

"Can you believe this is happening?" He asked her and Min Jee smiled.

"I'm so happy right now I could die." She said and Jonghyun chuckled.

"Oh god, please no. I finally collected enough courage to propose to you and now you're talking about dying? That would be a shame." He said teasingly and he playfully kissed the tip of her nose.

Min Jee giggled. "When will we plan the wedding?" She then asked and Jonghyun thought about it for a while.

"There's a lot to take care of, but I want to marry you as soon as possible." He said softly and Min Jee giggled again.

Jonghyun dug his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. "Let's call the city hall where we will hold our wedding to ask when they have a free date." He suggested and Min Jee nodded.

After a short call they planned the wedding in two months. It was pretty soon, but they wanted to marry as soon as possible and the next free date was next year. They didn't want to wait that long.

"How are we going to manage that with school?" Min Jee asked a little worried.

"Don't worry, honey. I'm sure things will work out." Jonghyun answered and he smiled comforting to his fiancee.

Min Jee relaxed a little and smiled back. She trusted him with her life and was convinced everything would work out if he said so.

"I love you, Lee Min Jee." Jonghyun whispered in her ear.

"I love you more, Kim Jonghyun." She whispered back and she softly kissed him.

 


 

A/N: Hi guys! I just started a new fanfiction: We were meant for each other. It's a Jongkey story this time. 

Please check it out and let me know what you think! =D