The pool

Will I ever be able to see you?

After Jonghyun had made a bed ready for Lily, he sat around the table with Min Jee. They had to talk about what they wanted to do with Lily.

"Well, we can't obvious just put her outside. It's a fact we'll have to take care of her for this week." Min Jee said and Jonghyun agreed. "The problem is that we don't know how to take care of a little kid. And not to be egoistic or something, but I have enough problems of my own." She went on and Jonghyun chuckled. "What's the matter? I have!" Min Jee said irritated when she heard him. 

"I know, I know. Don't worry I wasn't making fun of you." He assured her and he squeezed her hand. "But back to the topic: I just think we'll have to see how we manage. I think we'll do fine." He said and he smiled. Min Jee still looked a little insecure, but she nodded. 

"Unnie... What does this mean?" A high voice came from beside her. *So she can speak?* Min Jee thought amused and she carefully touched the object Lily was holding. With a shock she realized what it was.

"Lily! That's not yours. Put it back!" She said shocked. Jonghyun looked at what the little girl was holding and burst out in laughing. Lily looked at him with big innocent eyes. In her hands she held the book Fifty shades of Grey and she was pointing at one of the most spicy paragraphs in the book.

"I-I don't think your mother will be too pleased if she knew you were reading that." He said and he took the book. Lily pouted, but then shrugged and turned around. She went back to exploring the house. Jonghyun was in the meantime laughing really hard.

"Jonghyun! It's not funny! That book is not for her eyes intended." Min Jee said, but she had to giggle. Just the image of Lily reading such a book made her giggle.

"Well, at least we now know she can speak and read." Jonghyun said when they calmed down a bit. Min Jee nodded. "Let's ask her what she wants to do." Jonghyun suggested and he called Lily.

"Lily-ah~, what do you want to do with oppa and unnie?" He asked, but Lily just looked at him unmoved.

"Lily, answer your oppa." Min Jee came in between and she put her hand on Lily's head.

"Unnie... I don't like oppa. I like you." Lily said and she hugged Min Jee.

The older ones both looked really surprised. Jonghyun had never met someone who didn't like him at first sight. Min Jee, on the other hand, had never met someone who HAD liked her at first sight. She giggled.

"Okay, Lily, but be nice to oppa, arrasso?" She asked at the little girl and the girl nodded. 

"What's the matter with your eyes?" Lily asked bluntly and Min Jee smiled.

"I'm blind, so I can't see you or anything else. That doesn't mean I can't take care of you. I and oppa will take care of you this week, so please be nice to us." She explained and she patted the little girls head. 

Jonghyun was watching the scene and sighed. He had the feeling this girl wouldn't be easy to handle. He would have to work together with Min Jee to take care of this kid. 

"What do you want to do today?" Min Jee asked Lily again. Lily thought about it for a while and then smiled.

"I wanna go to the pool!" She said enthusiastically and the two older ones laughed.

"Jonghyun, we can go to the pool right? I can't swim, but you can, so you can watch her." Min Jee said to Jonghyun and he agreed reluctantly.

"Let me pack the swimming suits and then we're ready to go." Min Jee said and she stumbled upstairs. 

Jonghyun and Lily looked at each other quietly. Lily was staring intensively and Jonghyun began to feel extremely uncomfortable.

"You like Unnie, ne?" Lily suddenly asked bluntly and Jonghyun almost joked on his own spit. He turned bright red.

"W-Why do you think that?" He asked at the child before him, but Lily just looked at him coldly.

"I don't want you to like her. I like her already. She's mine." She said and she frowned in a very cute, but angry way.

Jonghyun laughed and pinched her cheeks. "Don't you worry. I won't take her away from you." He assured her, but Lily didn't really seem to be convinced.

At that moment  Min Jee came walking in with a back full of swimming stuff. "Let's go! Pool, here we come!" She yelled happy and she walked out of the house. Jonghyun and Lily followed her.

 


 

It was really busy in the pool, because it was summer vacation. Min Jee took Lily with her to change into their swimming suit. She had promised Jonghyun to meet him outside of the changing rooms when they were ready. Jonghyun also changed his clothes and he waited on the girls impatiently.

He was curious about their swimming suits, well actually he was curious about Min Jee's swimming suit. He felt a little ashamed, but he realized it was just normal to think about that for guys of his age. 

At that moment Min Jee came walking out of the girls dressingroom with Lily at the hand. Jonghyun felt the world freeze for a while. Min Jee was wearing a bright red bikini and her long black curly hair fell over her shoulder. Her smooth waist and long legs really attracted a lot of attention of the other guys in the swimming pool. Jonghyun was a little jealous, but he knew she was his friend so he didn't have anything to worry. He smiled and took a deep breath, calming his racing heart.

She was happily talking with Lily, who was leading her to Jonghyun. "Here we are, oppa." The little girl said, but she only had eyes for the pool. The moment Min Jee let go of her hand she skipped to the little play pool and Jonghyun laughed. 

"Well, we won't have to worry about being bored here." He said to Min Jee and she giggled. 

"No, I think we'll have enough to do here. Let's find a spot where you can watch her closely." Min Jee said and Jonghyun grabbed her hand to lead her to a pair of empty loungers. When they were settle, Jonghyun looked around.

The pool was inside and was really big. Besides the main pool, there was a play pool for little kids, where Lily was now happily playing, and there was a whirlpool. There also was a pool outside, but that was so full of people Jonghyun and Min Jee had decided to swim inside.

They had been here already for a few hours, when Min Jee decided she had enough.

"It's so noisy in here. I have the feeling we're in a zoo instead of a pool." Min Jee whined. Jonghyun chuckled.

"Well, a pool is in some aspects a zoo." He teased and Min Jee slapped him playfully.

"It's just that I can't see anything, so it's really trying for me." She explained and she pouted a little.

Jonghyun blushed.  *She's so cute when she pouts.* He thought and he smiled. "Don't worry. I'll help you and if it really bothers to you too much, we'll go home again." He assured her.

"No, we're here for Lily. I don't wanna ruin her day." Min Jee said. "Is she still in the play pool by the way?" She then asked and Jonghyun looked at the pool. He searched for the little girl, but didn't see her. He stoop up and looked around. *Oh no... This CAN'T be happening. Where are you, Lily?* He thought desperate. 

"What's the matter? She isn't there anymore?" Min Jee asked confused when she didn't get an answer right away. Jonghyun looked at her. *How am I going to tell her I lost her on the first day?* He thought and he sighted.

"You lost her, didn't you? Oh my god, she could be anywhere!" Min Jee yelled and she stood up. "Oh man, why can't I see anything? I hate this!" She yelled desperate and she growled. People around them began looking at them and whispering. Jonghyun quickly grabbed Min Jee's hands and pulled her in a hug.

"Don't worry. We'll find her. Just wait here. I'll look around for her. Don't move. I don't want you to fall into the water while you can't swim." He said softly in her ear and he sat her down on the lounger again. Shaky Min Jee nodded, but she didn't seem reassured. 

"Just hurry and find her. She may be drowning right now." She cried out, but Jonghyun had already disappeared.

He walked to the play pool and looked around. Where could she be? She wasn't at the play pool, so Jonghyun started to look around. He sighed. It was so busy and a small child like Lily was quickly lost. Jonghyun began to imagine all kinds of things that could happen to her. He tried his best not to panic and continued to look around.

Min Jee, on the other hand, had more trouble staying calm. Although Lily had been cold in the beginning, Min Jee really liked the little girl and she didn't want anything to happen to her. She moved restlessly on her chair and suddenly she stood up. She couldn't take it any longer. She had to know if Jonghyun had found her already. Maybe she could be of help and she began to walk around, careful not to fall in the water. She bumped into people and excused herself all the time, but she didn't mind. She had to find Lily or Jonghyun to know what was happening. 

Suddenly she felt something wet touching her toes and the next moment she went down under in the water. Gasping for air she came up and she splashed around, looking for the pool edge. Panic washed over her like a tsunami and she went down again. She wanted to scream, but swallowed a mouthful of water. She struggled to come up again, but she just couldn't find the strength to get up. She felt lightheaded and she sank even deeper. Just before she passed out, two muscular arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her up. 

Then everything went black.