Dalmatian, I'd like you to meet my twin sister.

My Cotton Candy Boy

 

                “Come on, Yeonnie. Get up! We have to go to school!” Daniel carefully nudged his sister with his toe. The contact made her curl into a smaller ball under the mass of blanket, pillow, and stuffed animals.

                “That’s not the only place we have to go to today. Can’t I stay home?” Yeon Ah’s muffled voice whined from the blanket. It was Thursday, the day the siblings agreed to formally introduce Yeon Ah to Dalmatian. Daniel shook his head at his childish sister and inched closer to her bed, carefully grabbing the blanket. He only took a second to prepare himself for the worst. That split second cost him his life because the next thing he knew, the blanket was hurled towards him and he was tackled onto the bed. “If you’re going to pull the covers off, don’t think twice about it!” Yeon Ah shoved him back onto the bed before skipping off to the washroom.

                “Sisters, why do we need them?” Daniel awkwardly struggled out of the blanket and threw it back onto her bed. He trudged out of the bedroom, told his sister he was leaving first, and walked out to meet his Manager.

                “So, is she still sulking?”

                “Oh, you know it. You’re lucky you don’t have to live with her. The past two days have been pure torture. We were sitting at the table eating dinner and she would pick up food, but then she’d get frustrated and throw her chopsticks in any direction she wanted! A majority of the time, they landed on me! Another time, she called me out to fence with her and I nearly got killed! Seriously, I’m glad we’re telling the others today. I don’t know if I can handle any more of her stress,” Daniel leaned back into the car seat. His Manager laughed at him.

                “Sounds like you were a walking through a warzone, huh? Well, we’re here. I’ll pick you both up at 6? Your house?”

                “No kidding. Okay, see you then, hyung,” he bowed and closed the car door. The sound of a motorcycle engine signalled the arrival of his ‘beloved’ sister. He started to walk to the school when he heard a car horn behind him. He turned around to see Young Won and Jisu getting out of their cordi noona’s car.

                “Hey, Daniel. How’ve you been? Everything good at home?” Young Won grinned at Daniel, who shot back a small grimace behind Jisu.

                “It’s good. Has Manager hyung talked to you guys yet?”

                “Yea, he told us you’re coming for dinner. Said you had something important to tell us. What is it anyway?” Jisu waved at a group of girls who were whispering and pointing at the three. They fanned themselves in excitement. Jisu turned and shook off the shivers. “Fangirls….as long as they keep their distance.”

                “I’ll tell you guys at dinner. Better get to class.”

                Yeon Ah and her friends jogged to their home room classes and took their seats. The first three subjects went by quickly and in no time, Yeon Ah found herself in the gym for another P.E. class. They complete their Track and Field unit last week and are now starting on their football unit. The boys and Yeon Ah were out on the field passing the ball while the girls lazed on the grass.

                “Okay ladies! This is gym class, so you actually have to do something. Why can’t you all be like Yeon Ah?” Mr. B. began throwing the balls at the girls. The footballs began pouring down on the girls, who were screaming and frantically ducking away. Yeon Ah rolled her eyes at the sight. ‘Seriously, when will they learn? Looking pretty in gym class won’t get them anywhere.’ She continued passing the ball with her partner, when suddenly, a stray ball came flying towards her.

                “Heads up!” The ball flew right at Yeon Ah, and before it could hit her, she ducked out of the way. Laughter erupted from where the girls were standing.

                “Sorry! The teacher said to be more like you, so we tried to throw the ball. Looks like we’re not cut out for football, huh?” Laughing obnoxiously, they walked off the field towards the school. Although there were still 20 minutes left of class, Mr. B. didn’t want to deal with them anymore, so he quietly let them go.

                “Since they’ve decided to leave on their own, I think I’ll let you guys out early today. Hit the showers!”

                School ended at 5 and Yeon Ah quickly walked over to her bike. ‘Must get home before he does! It’s my only chance.’ She fired up the engine and blazed out of the parking lot. Within 10 minutes, she was home. Kicking off her shoes, she ran to her room, locked her door, and dove under the covers. ‘Kekeke, he’ll never find me here. I think I’ll take a nap.’ Daniel unlocked the front door and saw his sister’s shoes strewn across the entrance.

                “I know you’re home, Yeonnie. You should just give up and come meet the guys. It’s not going to be that bad. Think about it this way, at least we don’t have to keep the secret from them. Where are you?” He searched the living room and the kitchen to find them both empty. He ran up the stairs, taking two at a time and grabbed the handle of her door. Just as he thought, it was locked. “Yeonnie, you in there? Open the door please?” He put his ear on the door and heard her soft snoring on the other side. ‘Huh, she’s sleeping. I guess she’s tired, or else she would’ve heard me by now.’ He ran to his parents’ room and grabbed the skeleton key from their shelf and inserted it into the keyhole. The door clicked open and revealed an exact replica of that morning. Yeon Ah was curled into a ball under the blankets with her pillow and stuffies all around her, still fast asleep. Remembering her words from this morning, Daniel grabbed the blankets and forcefully pulled them off the bed.

                “AH! HEY! What the heck was that for? And how did you get into my room?” Yeon Ah leapt at her brother, who caught her on his back.

                “We need to get ready; Manager hyung is coming to pick us up soon. Also, you told me to ‘not think twice’ remember?” he laughed while piggy backing her to the washroom. “Now wash up. We leave in half an hour.”

                “UGH, fine. Give me 15 minutes.” She took a quick 5 minute shower and changed into some sweats. Then, she dried her hair and tied it up while walking down stairs.

                “You’re fast. Anyway, he’ll be here in…exactly 15 minutes. You weren’t lying when you said 15 minutes, huh?” Daniel was lounging on the couch in some jeans and a polo shirt. Yeon Ah flopped down onto the other chair and grumbled.

                “Tell me why we have to tell the rest of the guys again?”

                “Because Young Won hyung can’t keep secrets, especially something this big.”

                “Great, Blue Boy can’t keep his yap shut, so we have to work everything around him.”

                Daniel threw a pillow at his sister when his phone went off. He opened it to find a text from his Manager.

                (I’m outside now. Sorry I’m a bit early. -Manager)

                “He’s here!” He scrambled out of his seat and grabbed his things before slipping on his shoes and running out the door. Yeon Ah, on the other hand, took her sweet, sweet time getting her belongings. She even chose to untie her sneakers and wear them properly rather than stuffing them on like she usually did. “YAH! Stop stalling! It’s been decided, so there’s no point in retaliating now. Hurry up!”

                “This is a tyranny I tell you! My voice has been suppressed. I do not support these views. You !” She exited the house and locked the door before dragging her feet towards the parked car. After forcing herself in, the Manager drove them both to Dalmatian’s dorm.

                “Hurry, hurry, hurry! This place is still a mess and Manager hyung will be home any minute now!” Inati rushed the other members. The house was in utter chaos. Inati was cooking up a storm in the kitchen. DayDay was sweeping the floor like a madman; Young Won and Dari scrambled around the house and picked up random articles of clothing and stuffed them into a hamper. Jisu dried off Bbang ku after giving him a well deserved bath; he even attached a bowtie to the collar. Somehow, in the organized mess, they managed to successfully make dinner and tidy the house before their guests arrived.

                “We have 10 minutes, so let’s go change into something more presentable,” DayDay suggested. They all sprinted up to their rooms and threw on clean t-shirts and jeans or shorts. One by one, they filed downstairs just in time to hear the doorbell ring and their Manager coming in.

                “Boys! Gather ‘round! So, I told you this morning that Daniel had something important to tell you all. I’ll hand it off to you now,” the Manager motioned him forward before going to his room.

                “It’s nice to see you all again. Sorry I haven’t been able to visit often. School has been quite busy the past few weeks. Anyway, let’s take a seat first,” they all crowded onto the couch. Daniel could still see the front door, while all the others had their backs facing it. “So, here’s the deal. You all know that I’ve been living at my parents’ house, right? And the reason was because they had wanted somebody to look after the house while they were away. The truth is it wasn’t the house that needed to be looked after.”

                “Wait…what? You’re not looking after the house?” Inati narrowed his eyes at the younger boy.

                “No, well, yes, but I’m not just looking after the house. I’m taking care of someone as well.”

                “Who?” Dari raised an eyebrow at him.

                “My sister. My twin sister to be exact.”

                “You have a twin sister? Who?” Jisu’s eyes widened in shock.

                “Actually, some of you know who she is. Hey! Yeonnie! You can come in now!” Yeon Ah nervously opened the door and entered the house. She was greeted by 3 pairs of curious eyes, a pair of shocked eyes, and 2 pairs of welcoming eyes.

                “Yeon Ah-sshi! You’re Daniel’s twin sister?”

                “You know her, Jisu?” Inati looked at him, obviously surprised.

                “Yea, both Young Won and I know her from school. She’s the awesome musician we were telling you about the other day,” DayDay, Dari, and Inati continued to stare at Yeon Ah. She began to fidget under the burden of their gazes.

                “Come introduce yourself, sis.”

                “Uh, okay. My name is Chae Yeon Ah. Or Leona. I’m Daniel’s twin sister. Nice to meet you. I don’t like to use formalities because I grew up in the States and am accustomed to the Western lifestyle. So please don’t take any offense if I don’t use any honorifics,” she bowed 90 degrees to the entire group.

                “I’m Dalmatian’s leader, Inati,” they guy with thick eyebrow bowed to her.

                “I’m DayDay, the rap teacher.”

                “And I’m Dari! Like my hat?” Yeon Ah bowed to the three of them before sitting down in the seat next to Daniel.

                “Who else knows about your relationship?” Inati looked from one twin to the other.

                “Only the CEO and Manager Hyung know about our family. Just recently, Young Won hyung found out, this is why we decided to tell all of you,” Daniel replied.

                “THEY decided on their own. I had no say in this situation, whatsoever.” Yeon Ah crossed her arms and glared at Daniel and Young Won.

                “Well, this is quite the surprise. Are you guys really twins?” Dari studied their faces.

                “Yes, we’re twins.”

                “You don’t look the same though.”

                “DayDay hyung, we’re fraternal twins, we shouldn’t look the same. Plus, if we did, either she would make a rather masculine girl or I would make an extremely feminine boy. Take your pick.” The crew burst out in laughter. ‘It seems like this won’t be as bad as I thought,’ Yeon Ah smiled at her brother.

                “Let’s talk more over dinner or else the food will get cold,” Inati got up and the whole group migrated over to the table. There weren’t enough chairs in the house because their Manager had joined them for dinner, so the twins shared a seat. This is where the battle begins.

                “You know, this is the closest I’ve ever had to sit with you since we were in mom’s womb,” Yeon Ah shoved her brother again, annoyed that he was taking up so much room. He shoved her back and stuck his tongue out at her.

                “I don’t see why you need more space. Shouldn’t a girl’s bum take up less space than a guy’s?” All the Dalmatian members’ heads shot up, shocked. Yeon Ah’s expression darkened and she slowly turned to look at Daniel. Obliviously, he continued eating his food. She placed her bowl and chopsticks down and turned towards him. The others dropped whatever they were holding and backed away from the table.

                “What did you just say? I dare you to repeat it.”

                “What? I was only joking, sis. Take a pill of the chill variety.”

                In the blink of an eye, Daniel was in a headlock, begging for mercy. The others had no idea what to do. They were all too scared to intervene. The struggle went on for about 5 minutes before Yeon Ah decided to let go. Daniel massaged his aching neck and sat down on the chair. He made sure to only sit on exactly half the seat. Yeon Ah quietly sat down and slowly, the others joined from their hiding spots.

                “I’m sorry you had to see that side of me. Trust me, I don’t treat anybody else like this. Only my brother. Sorry,” she bowed her head at Dalmatian and their Manager.

                “Uh, it’s okay. Violence between siblings is common, so don’t worry about it,” Inati uncomfortably shifted in his seat, carefully picking out his words. Yeon Ah bowed again before finishing her bowl of rice and taking it to the sink. Daniel and the Manager ended up having to clean up because everybody else had contributed to cleaning before dinner. After many failed attempts, Yeon Ah was not allowed to help clean and was forced into the living room. So, to kill time, she played with Bbangku. He was the most adorable puppy she’s seen. He didn’t bark, nip, or jump on her. When she called him, he padded over, and he was very obedient.

                “Your dog is so smart and adorable!”

                “What do you mean? That dog’s a rascal, he’s putting up a front. DON’T FALL FOR HIS TRICKERY!” Jisu dramatically shrivelled away from the dog. Yeon Ah laughed and continued to play with the pup.

                “You’re too cute. I just want to take you home,” Yeon Ah hugged him close. Young Won jumped over the couch and pulled Bbangku out of her arms.

                “Mine!” With that, he walked over to the couch and sat down with Bbangku in his arms. ‘What a dog hog…’

                “Yeonnie, I think we’ll be heading home now, it’s late. I’ll see you guys at the next schedule! Bye!”

                “Bye. Thanks for having me over. Also, thanks for keeping this a secret,” Yeon Ah poked Daniel’s arm.

                “No problem! It was nice meeting you!” Inati got up and bowed. The others followed suit. The twins and the Manager piled into the car and headed to the Chae house.

                “So, now that you’ve met them, what do you think?”

                “They’re nice. And they seem trustworthy enough. I guess, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.”

                “That’s good. Our only worry is when the public finds out.”

                “They won’t find out!”

                “I won’t be too sure. Netizens are crazy at finding personal information.”

                “Well, until then.”


 

Gah, it shouldn't take this long for me to write a chapter. I'm a failure to my subscribers TT^TT

This Chapter was all over the place, SORRY! I couldn't seem to make it flow....*sigh* [still suffering from post final depression/stress] please bare with me!

COMMENT REPLIES!

@kmn007: uh, no....*jumps back defensively*

@hai_young: thank you for always commenting! they make me happy when I read them ^^

@surethingfalling: LOL I'm the type of person who would TOTALLY do what he did.....^^v;;

@jbunnygirl22: thank you~~~~~

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-