Wait...I HAVE TO WHAT?!

My Cotton Candy Boy

                The weekend quickly passed by, and the twins were now getting ready for school. Bacon sizzled in the pan, filling the house with its heavenly aroma. Yeon Ah took the toast out of the toaster and threw them at Daniel in the dining room and he caught them, but fumbled a bit because of how hot they were. Putting one on each plate, Daniel sat down in his chair and began drinking his coffee. Yeon Ah came to the table with the bacon and placed it between them.

                “Dig in. We’ve got an hour before school,” Yeon Ah told Daniel. He nodded his head and inhaled the food on his plate. “My goodness, slow down. You’re going to choke.” He looked up and stuck out his tongue, then continued eating. Yeon Ah rolled her eyes and ate her own food. Within twenty minutes, they were both ready to leave.

                “I’ll wait for Manager Hyung at the back. You leave through the front. Make sure to check if the coast is clear, or else chaos will strike,” Daniel pushed Yeon Ah towards the door. Grabbing her helmet and keys, Yeon Ah brushed her brother off and waved to him without turning around. “Don’t get into an accident!”

                “Don’t jinx me! And at least I can ride a motorcycle like a boss, unlike SOMEBODY,” Yeon Ah stuck out her tongue, pulled her helmet on, and started the engine. She double checked if her saxophone was secure and drove off. The cars whipped by as she swerved through the early morning traffic. Pulling into the parking lot of Korea Arts High School, she parked her bike. ‘Welcome to another day of boring.’ Yeon Ah walked into classroom 3A and stepped into a warzone. Boys threw paper balls across the length of the classroom while girls obnoxiously flipped their hair and batted their false eyelashes. Ignoring the jungle of a classroom, Yeon Ah dodged her way through to her desk and rested her head on top of it, immediately falling asleep. A group of girls pointedand  glared at Yeon Ah. One of them picked up a paper ball and decided to throw it at her. Before it made contact, somebody caught it.

                “That’s not nice. You should apologize,” the mysterious saviour spoke to the girls. Shocked, the girls turned around and pretended like nothing happened.

                “Oh, Tae Woon, what are you doing here,” Yeon Ah rubbed her tired eyes.

                “I’m just here to pass on a message from Mrs. Bae. She says that you don’t need to come into the music room after Music Comp. Just meet L.Joe in the rehearsal room for your tutor session.”

                “Thanks for telling me, Tae Woon. See you later.” Yeon Ah waved and went back to sleep. People around her shook their head at her, appalled at the fact that she didn’t acknowledge her seniors. To her displeasure, the first bell rang and interrupted her nap. Students scrambled to their seats and were all seated just before the teacher came in.

                “Hey, Class. I’d just like to recap what we did last week. We started looking at different types of maps. For the next two weeks, you will all be researching and drawing out a map of a country. This is an individual project and will challenge your research and artistic skills. We’ll now have a draw to see what country you get.” Yeon Ah’s jaw dropped as she slowly registered what the teacher just said. ‘I HAVE TO WHAT?!’ The class passed by in a blur.

                Lunch finally arrived and Yeon Ah trudged through the hallways to the cafeteria. She sat down next to the twins and leaned forward, banging her forehead against the table.

                “What are you doing?! You’re losing brain cells here! Stop it, tell us what’s wrong. You’re hurting the table,” Hyo Min put her hand on Yeon Ah’s forehead and prevented her from going back down.

                “Of all things she makes us do, OF ALL THINGS. Why must it be DRAWING?! Goodness, KILL ME NOW. I’m definitely going to fail this project!” Yeon Ah wailed in despair. Give her an instrument, she’ll create music. Give her a sabre, she’ll create pain. Give her an art project, and she’ll create an incoherent mess of lines. One thing’s for sure, Yeon Ah isn’t the best artist of the bunch, and she knew it.

                “You aren’t taking any art classes, obviously, so why do you have an art project?” Hyo Rin asked. Yeon Ah yanked on her ponytail, frustrated with the task ahead of her. Hyo Min grabbed her hands and pinned them on the table.

                “I have to draw a map of Italy for Social Studies. I CAN’T DRAW FOR SH--,”

                “Regardless, you’re still going to have to complete the project. We can’t help you here. Plus, what are you so worried about? Your teacher won’t look at it artistically, right?” Hyo Min reasoned with Yeon Ah.

                “I wish. My Socials teacher doubles as the art teacher here. I’M FUC--,”

                “No you’re not. Just do the best you can and be patient with it. If you take the time, you’ll be able to do well,” Hyo Rin picked at her fruit cup. Yeon Ah wriggled out of Hyo Min’s grasp and got up from her seat. “Going somewhere?”

                “I need to blow off some steam.”

                “Want us to come with?” Hyo Min asked.

                “No. See you guys later,” Yeon Ah waved and exited the cafeteria. ‘This is why I love my friends. They know exactly what I want to do when I’m angry.’ She smiled and headed to the multipurpose room. The room was covered with random music and sport pictures. Along the wall, the chairs were stacked five-high and the tables were pushed against the wall. Yeon Ah took out her cell phone and texted her brother.

                “I’m mad. Come to the multipurpose room. And don’t bring any fangirls. –Leona”

                She put her phone away and began closing all the blinds and locking the doors. The supply closet was always unlocked, so she was able to pull out the fencing suits, sabres, and the scoring apparatus. She suited up and picked up one of the sabres, swiftly wielding it around. Her phone’s text message tone rang and she checked it.

                “Yo, I lost them. I’m waiting outside the door. HURRY UP! –Danny”

                Yeon Ah walked over to the door and cautiously opened it. Daniel pushed the door opened and quickly closed it behind him.

                “Gosh, if you took any longer, we would’ve been screwed,” he ran a hand through his hair in relief. “Anyway, you seem like you’re ready to kill. Give me three minutes.” He walked over to the other suit and put it on.

                “The usual. First person who gets ten points wins. Ready, brother?” Yeon Ah skilfully twirled her sabre in the air. Daniel smirked and bowed to her.

                “Let’s begin.” Daniel attacked first, lunging forward and waving his sabre at Yeon Ah. She quickly blocked and dodged each strike and found an opening on his right side. She side stepped him and jabbed the point of her sabre into his side. A green light lit up on the machine, rewarding the first point to Yeon Ah.

                “You seem a bit rusty, bro. Want to give up?” Yeon Ah brother. Behind his mask, he stuck his tongue out at her.

                “Just because you got lessons and I didn’t, doesn’t mean you can belittle me, sis. Plus, my skills were learnt from you, so if you criticize me, you’re criticizing yourself,” he smirked because he knew his last remark offended her.

                “HEY! You’re not helping me. You’re just adding more gasoline to the already blazing flame. Now, feel my wrath!” Yeon Ah leapt forward and began attacking Daniel. Even when she made contact with her sword, she didn’t stop. Daniel understood her frustrations, so he tried to block as many of her moves as he could. Eventually, Yeon Ah achieved ten points while Daniel ended up with four. “Thanks, Danny. I really needed that. Let’s clean up, lunch is almost over.” They took off the jacket and breeches and rolled the machine back into the supply closet.

                “I’ll leave first and will text you when the coast is clear. See you later!” Yeon Ah lightly punched him on the arm and left the room. She scanned the area and texted him, telling him that it was safe to leave. She walked across the campus to the Main building and into her classroom. Most of the other students already left the classroom, so Yeon Ah peacefully grabbed her things and walked over to the Arts building. She spotted Hyo Min and Hyo Rin ahead and ran to catch up to them.

                “Hey guys, what’s up?”

                “I see you’re all better now,” Hyo Min smiled at Yeon Ah. She smiled back and happily nodded her head. The three of them entered the busy Arts building and went to their Music Comp lecture. They miraculously survived the intense class and separated into their different classes. Yeon Ah remembered that she didn’t need to meet in the music room, so she turned towards to the rehearsal room. L.Joe was already in there, practicing the pieces they got last week.

                “Hey Byung Hun, how was your weekend?” Yeon Ah set up her instrument and took out her music.

                “It was awesome, Noona! Teen Top performed at the usual music programs. We’re starting to promote the remix of our song. It’s pretty amazing,” L.Joe beamed at his tutor.

                “I’m sure it was,” Yeon Ah nodded her head, seemingly uninterested with his idol life. She had to hear enough about it from her brother, so she zoned out when people start talking about idol schedules. “Okay, let’s start practicing.” They played for the most part, once in a while taking small respites for water. L.Joe concentrated hard, trying to get the hang of the different styles. The CDs Yeon Ah burned for him helped quite a bit because he was able to hear the difference in tempo and rhythm. The bell rang and Yeon Ah stopped their lesson. “The CDs are definitely helping you grasp the jazz styles. I think we’ll start working on piano solos tomorrow. I’ll double check with Mrs. Bae about that, so you can leave first. See you tomorrow,” Yeon Ah waved as he left the room. She packed her belongings and went to the music room. Mrs. Bae was in her office talking on the phone. She saw Yeon Ah enter and motioned for her to come into her office. Yeon Ah quietly walked in and saw the bulletin board full of grad photos of the alumni who Mrs. Bae taught in the past. Photos of performances and events were also tacked on the board. There were really wacky ones of Mrs. Bae in mid-dance move while conducting. Yeon Ah chuckled under her breath at the pictures. ‘One day, my picture will join this wall. Next year.’

                “So, how can I help you Miss. Chae?” Mrs. Bae hung up the phone and spun around in her chair.

                “I just wanted to let you know that I’m going to start teaching Byung Hun how to solo tomorrow. Is that okay?”

                “Of course it is! It’s up to you on what you want to teach him. And when you feel that he’s ready, you guys can join us. Is there anything else you need?”

                “No, m’am. Thank you and see you tomorrow!” Yeon Ah bowed and left the music room. She walked to her bike and drove home. Daniel was already cooking dinner when she arrived. “Hey, you are cooking? Is it edible?”

                “HEY! I can cook you know. I cook for Dalmatian all the time!” Daniel threw a dish rag at her. She caught it and brought it to the kitchen.

                “I’m joking! Kimchi soup. YUM! I’ll set the table,” she tried to get into the kitchen, but Daniel blocked her off.

                “No! You go and clean up; I’ve got everything under control. You need to shower after that fencing session,” Daniel ducked away from her punch.

                “Fine. I’ll be right back then,” she ran up to her room and got cleaned up. She came back down in some sweats and a loose t-shirt and helped set up the table.

                “So, how was your day? And what made you so upset?” Daniel asked his sister.

                “Well, my day started off bad, so the rest of the day . Danny, I have to draw for Socials. Seriously, I’m dead meat,” Yeon Ah dejectedly sighed. Daniel chuckled at his sister’s unique dilemma.

                “You’ll be fine. Just don’t rush it! I’ll help you out, if you want,” he offered. She shook her head because she knew that her teacher knew she was not strong with art. Any help from others would be detected instantly.

                “Although it’s going to , I have to do it on my own. Wish me luck,” Yeon Ah sighed once again. She knew that she won’t be able to get out of doing the project. The siblings finished eating dinner and cleaned up the dishes. Once they were done, they both started doing their homework. Yeon Ah reluctantly brought out a poster board to start her project. Daniel looked up from his own work and smiled at his sister. He got up from his seat and went over to her side of the table.

                “So, you’re drawing Italy, huh? Here, I’ll show you a trick to help you draw. It’s completely fool proof,” Daniel patted her head. He took her pencil and a ruler and began drawing a four by five grid across her small map of Italy. Then, he drew a four by five grid on her poster board. “Okay, so, you see the boxes? Match the box from the map to the box on the grid, and then draw only what you see from the box on the map to the poster board. It works every time! Give it a try,” Daniel nodded his head and handed Yeon Ah the pencil. She hesitantly grabbed it and stared at her poster board. She looked back at him and he nodded his head in encouragement. It seemed simple enough to her. Match the lines from one picture to the other. Not hard at all. With one last sigh, Yeon Ah began to draw.

2 hours later

                “I stand corrected. This plan is NOT fool proof. How can you screw up something so easy,” Daniel exclaimed at his sulking sister. The poster board was filled with random lines that were not connected in any way, what-so-ever. It looked like a distorted, mutated Italy. Truthfully, Yeon Ah followed his instructions and drew what she saw from the box on the map to the poster, but she was not aware of where the lines started or ended. One line started in the middle of the box, and then the next started on the right. Absolutely none of her lines touched. Daniel ran his hand through his hair, surprised at the fact that his sister has no visual artistic skills.

                “I can’t do this!”

                “Yes you can! You have an idea of what to do now. This time, just connect the lines. Once you do that, it’ll work out!” Daniel erased the lines on the poster board. Yeon Ah arms were sprawled out on the table in front of her with her head resting on her arm. “Come on, give it another try. Just remember to pay attention to where you end the line. How about you don’t take your pencil off the paper?”

                “Fine, I’ll try. If this doesn’t work, I’m giving up,” Yeon Ah stretched out her back and picked up her pencil. She attempted to draw Italy for the second time.

1 hour later

                “THANK GOD, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. Although it still looks weird in some parts, I’ll take it,” Yeon Ah fell back in her chair; exhausted from the amount of effort it took her draw a decent Italy. Daniel came down from his room in his PJs.

                “Looks good, sis. You should take a break from homework. It’s 11:24 now. Better yet, you should go to sleep,” he sat down on the couch.

                “Yea, I think I’m going to call it a night. I still have time to work on it, and drawing the outline is a pretty big accomplishment in my books,” Yeon Ah stood up and began cleaning up her papers. Daniel got up and helped her with her poster. The siblings cleared everything and brought it up to Yeon Ah’s room. “G’night, Danny! Sweet dreams,” Yeon Ah pushed him out her bedroom door.

                “G’night to you too, Yeonnie,” Daniel smiled at his sister and went into his room. The stars shone brightly in the sky as the two settled down into their warms beds for the night. The night critters came out of hiding and began searching for food. The twins drifted off into dreamville, resting up for what tomorrow will bring them.


Here's Chapter 5! It's got more Daniel in it LOL

Sorry to the Young Won fans >_< He needs to make his grand entrance later =S

BUT! We've finally found something Yeon Ah is not good at! *don't know if I should celebrate XS*

Anyway, I've already finished Chapter 6, but I want to finish Chapter 7 before posting it up. Also, I'm almost done my semester! 2 and a half more weeks before I get a 4 and a half month long summer break~~ which means more updates~~~~ woooooooo

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-