The Truth

My Cotton Candy Boy

                “Who are you?”

                “Why are you with Daniel of Dalmatian?”

                “What is your relationship with him?”

                “Are you his girlfriend?”

                “Why are you at his house at this time?”

                Paparazzi swarmed the siblings and shoved their cameras at them. All morals that the reporters  had, if they even had any, were thrown out the window as they ruthlessly shoved each other to take good pictures. Yeon Ah hid her face in Daniel’s arm and tried to cover as much as possible. However, she knew they had their shot. Within an hour, every single news channel will have her picture. Her face will be all over the internet for everybody to scrutinize. Daniel called out for his Manager and tried to push through the crowd of reporters. Manager Kim bulldozed through and grabbed the both of them, dragging them into the house. He slammed the door close and shut all the blinds.

                “The others have locked all windows and doors in the house and have shut all the blinds. They’re patrolling the rooms just in case somebody decides to break in, so we’re safe for now,” he came over to the twins. “Are you guys okay? They caught us all off guard. I wonder how they found us,” he ran a hand through his hair. Suddenly, his phone rang. “It’s the President. I’ve got to take this,” he went to the kitchen and closed the door.

                “Yeonnie, are you okay?” Daniel asked. Yeon Ah shook her head. She was scared out of her mind. So many thoughts were racing through her head. What happens now? How will the public react? Is she going to be safe? Will the fangirls attack her? What about their secret? What will happen to her life now? “Hyung, take her. I need to get the First Aid kit. She’s bleeding.”

                “Hey, it’s okay. I’m here now,” Young Won hugged her. Yeon Ah calmed down with every breath she took. His scent comforted her and she finally relaxed. Manager Kim came into the living room.

                “Where are the others? I need to speak to you all together,” he slumped down on the chair.

                “I’ll be right back,” Young Won let go of Yeon Ah and gathered the members. Daniel sat down next to Yeon Ah and cleaned her wounds. Her skin painfully bubbled from the hydrogen peroxide, but she was too dazed to even feel any physical pain.

                “So, as you might have guessed, the photos have hit every big news station and online news site already. The President just called me. He seemed upset,” Manager Kim sighed, wiping his tired eyes. “However, he and your parents were prepared. They knew this was going to happen sooner or later, so they’ve already laid out the plans. Tomorrow, we’re holding a conference meeting at the company. There, we will reveal the truth that you are twins. Your parents have left copies of your birth certificates and records of your births as evidence.” Yeon Ah rested her head on her brother’s shoulder. The secret they’ve been able to keep for so long will no longer be a secret by tomorrow. She knew the Kim twins were probably freaking out by now. They could recognize her in anything from a mile away. Her phone vibrated. ‘That’s them.’ She pulled it out and read the messages.

                (WHAT IS THIS?! -Hyo Rin)

                (Care to explain what’s going on? -Hyo Min)

                (NOONA! How could you do this to me?! -L.Joe)

                Yeon Ah stared at the messages and contemplated whether or not she should reply. Daniel snatched her phone away and put it on the table.

                “Let’s deal with them later. Right now, we need to rest,” he helped her up and brought her to her room. “Change,” he threw some clothes at her. Like a zombie, she walked to the bathroom to change and came back out. “Sleep. You’ll need it. Good night, Sis,” he kissed her forehead and closed the door of her room. “You’re staying out here, Hyung. I’m okay with the dating, but no sharing beds on my watch.” Young Won looked back at her door before dragging his feet downstairs.

--

*Who are you to him?

I’m his twin.

No you’re not! You’re just some desperate girl who wants her 15 minutes of fame.

But I really am his twin!

We don’t believe you!

Liar!

Get lost!*

                Yeon Ah sat up covered in a cold sweat. Her blanket was discarded on the ground and her stuffies were strewn across her room. ‘That was a weird dream.’ She wiped her damp bangs off her forehead and swung her legs over her bed. Downstairs, Dalmatian was sprawled out on the floor and couches, a symphony of their snores filled up the living room. She tip toed into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. Taking a long swig of water, she closed the fridge and turned right into Daniel.

                “Holy cheesecake! You scared the crap out of me!” she sat down on a stool.

                “Sorry, I was thirsty,” he grabbed her water bottle and downed the rest of it. “Why are you still up?” he took the seat next to her. Yeon Ah pulled on her pony tail and stared off into space. Her bad habit tipped him off. “You’re worried about tomorrow, aren’t you?”

                “Yes. Every single time I close my eyes, I see the paparazzi and rabid fans,” she sighed.

                “I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

                “I don’t know. What if they chase me out of town?”

                “They won’t. Trust me.”

                “I really want to, but a part of me knows that there are going to be a lot of antis running after me,” she rested her head on the table. Daniel lay his head down as well and looked at her.

                “We can’t change what has happened. The only thing we can do now is fix it; and let’s just hope and pray that everybody will accept it,” he smiled. She mirrored his smile and poked his cheek.

                “Thanks, Oppa.”

--

                “They’re still out there,” Manager Kim lightly pushed the curtains and peeked through the gap. Apparently, the reporters had hawk-like eyes because cameras started flashing at the slight movement. He checked his watch. “Time to move.” Yeon Ah grabbed her helmet and threw Daniel his.

                “We’ll see you at the company,” Daniel waved and followed his sister into the garage. “Nervous?”

                “Do you even need to ask?” Yeon Ah started up her bike and opened the garage. Slowly, the door slid upwards. The reporters outside began to crowd around and got their cameras ready. “Hold on tight.” She revved the engine and in a flash, she was out the garage and down the driveway. Everybody raced to their cars and sped after the motorcycle. Yeon Ah looked back and saw the cars chasing after her. She knew it was dangerous, but she weaved through the early morning traffic and drove on the sidewalk, trying to get to the company as fast as she could.

--

                Back at the house, Manager Kim and Dalmatian slipped into their van out back and drove off to the company. They took the back roads, avoiding the traffic, and got there before Yeon Ah did. They pulled into the underground parking lot and waited for the twins. Minutes after, Yeon Ah’s motorcycle roared through the parking lot and stopped right next to the van.

                “Okay guys, get into formation,” Manager Kim stood in front of Yeon Ah with Inati. Daniel and Young Won stood beside her. DayDay, Dari, and Jisu took the rear. They piled into the elevator and rode up to the 4th floor. The elevator doors slid open and the blinding flashes attacked them. “Brace yourselves. Looks like there’s a huge turnout.” The crew pushed through the reporters to the conference room. Yeon Ah had pulled her hood up and kept her head low. She knew it was useless because they’ve already seen her face, but it gave her a sense of security. The President joined them and led the group to the long table. Yeon Ah looked at the microphones lined on the table. She’s never experienced stage fright during her performances. However, this time, her stomach was churning and she felt like she was going to throw up any minute now. Her palms became clammy as she took her seat. Daniel sat next to her and took her hand under the table, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

                “Everything’s going to be alright. Relax,” he whispered. She smiled weakly at him and looked out to the crowd of reporters and fans that were gathering into the room. They stared at her like she was some lab rat. She hated feeling vulnerable to anybody, but right now, she was like a sitting duck in an open pond during hunting season.

                “Welcome, everybody. Thank you for coming out on such short notice. I’m sure you are all here for the same purpose, and that is to find out who this girl is. We were all caught off guard last night, so the kids are still recovering from the shock. On behalf of my friends here, I will be the one to tell you everything,” Mr. President paused to take a sip of water. “First off, let me introduce to you Chae Yeon Ah. She is Daniel’s fraternal twin sister.” Cameras began flashing everywhere. Yeon Ah blinked away the floating spots.

                “Where’s your proof?” a fangirl yelled out from the back of the room.

                Mr. President held up the folder. “Right here. In this file, I have the birth certificates and records of Daniel and Ms. Chae provided by their parents. They are signed and sealed by the doctor who delivered the twins. You probably think I’m lying, so could you and 1 reporter come up and examine the documents?” A staff member helped the fan and reporter onto the stage and Mr. President handed them the folder. They were taken to another room to look over the papers in private. “In the meantime, we’ll be taking some questions.”

                A reporter stood up and held out his voice recorder. “Why was she kept a secret? How come the public was not informed about her?”

                “We didn’t keep her a secret. She’s not our secret to keep. She is a human being and is entitled to her own rights and privacy. We are not in charge of her life, so we don’t need to tell the public about her. Next question?”

                “Is she one of your trainees?” a fangirl asked.

                “Sadly, no, she’s not. She’s a very talented musician and I would love for her to join our team,” he sincerely looked over at her, “but she is currently unsigned.” The doors opened and the fangirl and reporter came back from their inspection. They climbed on stage and stood with Mr. President. “So, what’s the verdict?”

                “After carefully going over the birth certificates and records, it is confirmed that she is the fraternal twin of Daniel-sshi,” the reporter gave the folder back to the President.

                “Thank you. So, now you all know who she is and have all the pictures you need. I’ll be taking one more question before ending this conference.”

                A fan stood up. “Can she introduce herself?” Yeon Ah stared wide eyed at the girl. It was already bad enough that her personal was now thrown under the microscope, now they want her to speak to them? Are they nuts? Afraid so. Mr. President made a motion towards the audience and she stood up from her seat.

                “Hello, my name is Chae Yeon Ah, Daniel’s twin sister. It’s nice to meet you all,” she bowed 90 degrees to the people. She came back up and uncomfortably looked around. There was nothing else for her to say. She’s not an idol, so she doesn’t need people to ‘take care of her’, nor does she need to apologize for anything because she’s done nothing wrong. Her eyes shifted towards the President and he caught on.

                “Okay, so now that the truth has been revealed, this conference is over. Thank you for coming,” he bowed and left the stage. Dalmatian, Manager Kim and Yeon Ah bowed as well, and made their way out of the room. They stood in formation, struggling to get through the mass of reporters trying to snap a picture or get answers out of them. Instinctively, Yeon Ah grabbed onto Daniel’s and Young Won’s hands. The crowd was making her feel a bit anxious. She squeezed their hands and closed her eyes, drowning out the voices yelling at her. ‘Breathe, Yeon Ah. Breathe.’

--

                “Wow, news travels fast,” Dari scrolled through the list of articles, all of which headline the twins. Manager Kim entered the meeting room and joined the group.

                “Security says the crowd is still down there. We have to stay here until it clears up. In the meantime, you guys are free to do whatever you want. I’ll be in my office getting some shuteye. If I get any updates, I’ll call you,” he patted Inati on the shoulder and left. Yeon Ah lay on the couch asleep, resting her head on Daniel’s lap.

                “I’m sorry things turned out this way,” he her hair.

                “Hmm, it’s not your fault, Danny,” she stirred awake and sat up.

                “Still, I promised to protect you and now look at where we are,” he pulled her into a hug.

                “It’s okay. At first, I was really worried, but now that I think about it, there’s no big story to this besides the fact that we’re siblings. It’ll die down soon,” she laughed at herself. She didn’t know why she was so scared about it.

                “True, but now you won’t have any privacy. The story is nothing, but now you’re under the scrutiny of the public for the rest of your life,” he sadly smiled at her. She cupped his cheek, and then gave it a small, playful slap.

                “My life is boring. I go to school and work. The people will forget about me in no time,” she chuckled.

                “Uh, Yeonnie, you might want to see this…”


 

I can't think of anything to write here.......>_< 

COMMENT REPLIES

@ hai_young: one of your guesses was right! age makes your bladder weak, yes. but the older you get, the less control you have of when it comes out XP LOL

@ koreasujufan: hope you like this chapter >_<

@ ShyMin: Yeonnie was with Daniel XD

@ winterflowr: kekekeke it was the paparazzi!

@ ilovemuffins: OKAY! XD

So yea, I guess I'll see you in the next Chapter.

-greenninjapanda GNP-