D-Day Part 1

My Cotton Candy Boy

 

                “To your places everybody! It’s show time!” Young Won spoke into a megaphone from the stage catwalk. Members of the Halloween committee, dressed up in zombie costumes and asylum patients, scrambled into their designated rooms and got into positions. “Okay, CUE!” The ‘vampire’ escorts opened the doors for their first group of victims. Yeon Ah quietly observed from above, making sure the props stayed intact and that everything was going as planned. The tours began down below and soon enough, ear splitting screams filled up the gym. Outside, the waiting teachers and students all turned to the doors, stunned and afraid of what were behind the doors. One by one, each class went through the haunted house. Yeon Ah watched in amusement, joy twinkling in her eyes.

                “Our blood, sweat, and tears have finally paid off. Looks like the whole school is getting scared out of their wits,” she giggled at the jocks running through the rooms as fast as they could, panic written all over their faces.

                “Yeah and we also have the committee to thank. Without their awesome acting, the haunted house would be nothing,” Young Won took a quick peek at Yeon Ah’s beaming face. The tours went on throughout the school day and finally ended right before lunch time. Once the last group of students completed the maze, the tear down team started cleaning up.

                “Thanks, Tae Woon-sunbae! You can leave all the decorations on the stage so that we can use them later today,” Young Won bowed to his senior.

                “Okay, see you both at the dance tonight,” he said, turning around and dismantling the fabric walls. Yeon Ah patted his shoulder and said a quick ‘thanks’ before leaving the gym. The Kim Twins met up with her outside and they sat at their usual tree. Young Won watched her leave the gym and headed to the cafeteria to meet up with Daniel and Jisu. He pulled out his phone and sent a text.

                (Is it ready? -YW)

--

                “So what are you going to wear tonight?” Hyo Min asked her friend.

                “I didn’t have the time to get a costume. Plus, I’m only going to supervise,” Yeon Ah bit into her steamed bun. They looked at her in shock.

                “You’re not going to dress up for the Halloween dance that YOU planned?!” Hyo Rin jumped up, surprising the girls. Yeon Ah picked up her soiled bun and glared at her friend.

                “You need to compensate for this. As for my costume, I had no time. End of discussion.” They zipped their mouths and silently ate their food. Knowing Yeon Ah, once she said ‘end of discussion’, she meant it. Another peep from them would result in an angry friend who would ignore them until the end of time. The rest of their lunch time was silent and when the bell rang, they hurried off to their classes.

--

                (Hey Yeonnie! I have a surprise for you when you get home. Hurry up! -Danny)

                Yeon Ah grimaced at her brother’s text and threw her phone into her bag. Young Won was hanging up orange, black, and white streamers along the gym walls while she taped random ghosts and witches onto the walls and doors. The set, this time, didn’t take as long because there wasn’t much to do. Yeon Ah stood back and admired their work.

                “Looks good. And we have plenty of time to spare until the dance starts,” she wiped her hands on her skirt, trying to get the glitter off. “Stupid glitter…..” she mumbled.

                “Here,” Young Won laughed and handed her a wet wipe. She gratefully took it rubbed off the darned sparkles. “Let’s double check the sound system just to make sure it works.”

                “Okay.” They walked over to the DJ table and Young Won turned everything on. He stuck in his music player and scrolled around for a song.

                “Here’s a good song!” he happily pressed play and they both looked around, waiting for the music to start.

                *Ladies and gentlemen, introducing for the first time, I now bring you, DALMATIAN!*

                Young Won jogged out from behind the turntables and started dancing to the song. *Let's start it round 1 내가꿈꾸던소원빛나는무대에내가서있는꿈이제야난숨을쉬는걸느껴you and I it's time to feel the love* He smoothly danced to the song, throwing some aegyo at Yeon Ah here at there. She smiled and broke out in laughter at his dance. The song ended and he disconnected his music and turned off the machines.

                “What? What's so funny? Was I bad?” he asked.

                “No, no. You were good. It was very entertaining,” she replied, still laughing softly. He pouted at her and stomped out of the gym. Yeon Ah laughed aloud and ran after him. “Hey, I’m not laughing at you. I just found the whole dance cute.” Young Won stopped in his tracks.

                “You thought I was cute?” he wiggled his eyebrow at her.

                “No. The dance was, not you,” she jokingly replied and skipped off to her bike. “I’ll see you tonight!” she yelled behind her and drove off.

--

                “Danny, I’m home!” Yeon Ah slammed the door closed and looked at the wall clock. It read 6:50 PM. ‘Only an hour left before the dance. Plenty of time to sleep.’ She went into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water when she heard her brother stampeding down the stairs.

                “Yah! Come with me! Hurry! We don’t have enough time. Come on!” he tossed the bottle away and dragged her up the steps. Yeon Ah rolled her eyes and let him pull her away. Once Daniel had his mind set on doing something, there was no stopping him. He pulled her into her bedroom and quickly left, closing the door behind him.

                “What the…Sometimes I wonder whether or not we’re related. You’re too weird to be related to me…” she thought aloud.

                “I heard that!” Daniel called out from behind the door. Yeon Ah rolled her eyes again and turned to her bed. ‘I’ll just catch up on some sleep then.’

                “Hi!”

                “HOLY ! You scared me! Uh, who are you and why are you in my room?” Yeon Ah backed up into the door. A random girl was sitting on her bed, along with a giant pile of fabric. She couldn’t make out what the thing was, but it was making her nervous by the second.

                “Oh right, I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Dalmatian’s Stylist/Cordi Noona, Kim Eun Hee! And this,” she pointed at the bundle on the bed, “is your costume for tonight!” Yeon Ah nervously smiled at her and tried to turn the doorknob behind her back, but it wouldn’t budge.

                “Nice try, but I’m not letting you out until Cordi Noona is done with you,” Daniel held onto her door, refusing to let her out. Yeon Ah sighed and looked at the thing on her bed.

                “Well, I need to go tonight, so what the heck. Suit me up,” Yeon Ah held out her arms and Eun Hee squealed with joy. After about 20 minutes, Eun Hee took a step back and examined her finished product. Yeon Ah uneasily fidgeted. “So, how do I look? And what am I supposed to even be?”

                “First off, you look AMAZING. Seriously, no lie, you’re a stunner girl!” Eun Hee flailed about and led Yeon Ah to the bathroom. “You make an awesome vampire, Yeon Ah!” She looked at herself in the mirror, stunned. There was a stranger standing in the mirror staring right back at her. ‘Is that…me?’ she reached up to her face and touched the fake dribble of blood at the corner of . The person in the mirror did the same. ‘HOLY CRAP! THAT IS ME! This dress looks expensive…’ It was a black and red Victorian styled dress and was a perfect fit, complementing her curves [dress]. Her hair was styled in a high, elegant updo pinned [hair].

                “How…how did you do this?” Yeon Ah gaped at her appearance. Never had she looked this good and admitted it.

                “I actually didn’t have to do much. And would you believe me when I say that’s your natural skin colour? Girl, I have one word for you, SUNLIGHT,” Eun Hee smiled at the amazed Yeon AH. “Oh and here’s your mask.” It was a black and red lace, satin mask [mask].

                “Wow. Thanks.”

                “No problem! I had fun!”

                “Uh, one question…how did you even know my size?” Eun Hee coughed and looked away. Yeon Ah eyed her suspiciously.

                “Have fun at the dance! DANNY, OPEN THE DOOR NOW!” Eun Hee bolted out the bathroom and through the opened bedroom door. Daniel stared at his cordi noona, puzzled.

                “Let’s see how my sister looks~” he skipped into the bathroom and froze mid step.

                “Uh….so?” Yeon Ah turned to her brother. His jaw slowly dropped to the floor. He took a step forward and touched her cheek.

                “HOLY CRAP, IT’S YOU!” he screamed and hugged her.

                “Huh, I said the same thing. Danny…you’re….squishing…me….can’t….breathe,” Yeon Ah slapped his back and he released her from his death grip.

                “Sorry. DUDE! You look amazing! You’re like…a century’s old vampire.” His comment was rewarded with a punch.

                “I’m not old…you are.”

                “Only by 8 minutes.”

                “That is a long time, my friend.”

                “Psh, whatever.” They linked arms and went downstairs.

                “By the way, what are you supposed to be?” she examined him from head to toe. He was wearing a yellow shirt and red pants with a propeller hat.

                “Uh, I’m going to be tweedle dee and tweedle dum with Jisu. Does it look bad?” Yeon Ah shook her head and gave him two thumbs up. There was a knock on the door and Manager Kim strode in.

                “Hey you two, you both look great! Anyway, I’m here to pick up Yeon Ah. Eun Hee will come by with the other boys later, Daniel,” he opened the door for Yeon Ah.

                “Okay then. I’ll see you later Danny,” she gave him a quick hug and grabbed her necessities before walking out the door. “Uh, will the dress fit?” Yeon Ah tilted her head at the sedan parked in front of them.

                “Of course it will. Here, I’ll help.” It took them 10 minutes of pushing and shoving before they successfully got Yeon Ah and her dress into the car. She was awkwardly lying in the back seats. “Okay, that was harder than I thought. I’ll taking van tonight.”

                “I second that.”

--

                They arrived with 20 minutes before the dance and people were already lining up outside the school. Everybody had their masks on and there were some crazy costume designs. Yeon Ah asked Manager Kim to drop her off at the back of the school and struggled out of the car.

                “Thanks Manager Kim. I’ll see you later.”

                “Have fun tonight! Don’t fret too much about the decorations and worry about having fun, got it?”

                “Ha ha, got it. Bye!” she ran towards the school and secured her mask in place. The catering company was carting in the food and beverages through the back door and the principal was supervising. “Good Evening, Sir.”

                “Ah, Miss. Chae. You did a wonderful job planning this with Mr. Lee. And might I add, you look stunning. Go on in, I’ll keep watch while you do a quick check in the gym.” Yeon Ah smiled and bowed to him before running towards the gym. She weaved through the bodies of movers and into the gym. The lights were already dimmed and the coloured lights were flashing around the room. The DJ was already behind the turntable and playing random songs. Students of the Halloween Committee were running around checking the decorations and fixing the tables and chairs she had set up earlier.

                “Hey guys, how’s it look so far?” she walked up to some sophomores.

                “Everything’s in place. Should we let people in now?” the girl replied. Yeon Ah checked the time on her cell phone. ‘7:48. We still have 12 minutes.’ She scanned the room one last time and faced the sophomores.

                “How about, you guys let the others in and wait by the gym doors. Once it hits 8 PM sharp, then you can let them in,” the 2 girls nodded their heads and rushed off. Yeon Ah walked to the center stage and looked out at the gym. ‘This is it. After a month of torture, it’s finally D-Day.’

 


 

Here's part 1 of the DANCE~! 

I had planned on making it all one chapter, but thought you guys wouldn't want to read a SUUUUPER long chapter. Part 2 is actually FINISHED, but I'm still writing the second chapter of the other story, so I won't post until I complete the other one. Gah, I take too long to write chapters >_>

BTW! I was in a crappy mood on Monday because I only had 2 hours of sleep, but when I went to read the comments after the last chapter, it made my day A LOT brighter. Seriously, your comments made my day sooooo much better~! So I thank you all who have commented, and my silent readers ^^

COMMENT REPLIES

@kmn007: it's all good!

@surethingfalling: hahaha! I cracked up at your Blue's Clues comment! *but then I too, wished it were true XD*

@ShyMin: you're serious right? no joke? muahahahahah~~~ mission accomplished~~~ I'm sorry you have to wait so long for my updates TT^TT

@hai_young: thank you~~ yes, back hugs are every fangirl's dream, no? pssssh, I can't tell you~~~~ it'd ruin the story ^.~

@winterflowr: did he now? LOL and yes, queenka's are scary ~o~

@kyurean: kya~~~~~ yay~~~~~~ a silent reader has come forth! Thank you~! And your comment means A LOT to me. No lie. I've stated this many times, but I'm a self conscious writer, so getting good feedback on my writing reassures me that it's actually readable. So, thank you!

@chemicalscollide08: thanks for commenting!

SO, I'll post up the next chapter once I finish the second chapter of my other fic. Which should be on Saturday! 

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-

P.S. COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, AND FRIEND ME!