Epilogue

My Cotton Candy Boy

 

                “Yah. Yah. YAH! Do it right! We can’t afford any more screw ups. Especially during one of our busiest seasons,” Yeon Ah threw a dish cloth at her husband. Young Won ducked out of the way and dropped the bowl of tempered chocolate.

                “Who are you calling ‘yah’?”

                “My babo of a husband. Are you sure you’re Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s son?” Young Won pouted at her. “You in the kitchen, honey. Go up front and help Dong Ho and Soo Yeon. Go!” she shooed him out of the room and out to the store. She peeked through the doors and saw that it was packed with people. Valentine’s Day was coming up which meant it was peak season for the store. Yeon Ah ducked back into the kitchen and finished filling up the chocolate heart shaped moulds Young Won failed to do.

                “Yeonnie, we ran out of truffles and milk chocolate kisses,” Young Won poked his head through the doors.

                “I’ll bring them out. Anything else?”

                “Yes.”

                “What.”

                “Come here, I have to tell you quietly,” Yeon Ah rolled her eyes and put down the empty bowl. She wiped her hands on her apron and walked over.

                “What is it?”

                “Come closer. Closer.” Annoyed, Yeon Ah moved in until they were face to face.

                “What.”

                “I love you,” he pecked her on the lips and slipped back to the front, grinning like a school boy who just got a giant bag of candy. Yeon Ah shook her head at his childish personality and went back to work.

--

                “Wuahhhhhh, today was a good day! Umma! Sales were up 50% from last year!” little Soo Yeon jumped around the candy store. Dong Ho followed his sister around.

                “That’s great, Soo Yeon-ah. Let’s cash out quickly so Mommy can go home and rest,” Yeon Ah rubbed her tired shoulders. Young Won went behind her and helped massage them. “Thanks, babe.”

                “Aigoo, you’re working too hard,” he frowned at her tensed muscles.

                “I wonder why. Seems like I have to do all the work because of SOMEBODY,” she and poked him in the ribs. He hugged her from behind and gave her his best puppy dog eyes.

                “I’m sorry I didn’t inherit my parents’ skills,” he pretended to cry into her shoulder. She patted his head.

                “It’s okay, Dong Rim-ah. As long as one of us knows what we’re doing. Plus, your parents taught me well,” she gave him a kiss on the cheek and picked up her running kids. “Okay, you two, time to close up. You both have school tomorrow.”

                “But Moooooom, I don’t want to go,” Dong Ho whined. Soo Yeon joined in with her brother. Yeon Ah chuckled. ‘They’re like their father.’

                “Come here, Dong Ho, Soo Yeon! Daddy will save you from school!” Young Won snatched his kids from her.

                “Yah! You can’t do that!” she called after him. She quickly locked the door and ran after her family.

--

                Yeon Ah and Young Won waited outside the school for their kids. The bell rang and the kindergarten teacher led her class outside. Soo Yeon and Dong Ho spotted their parents and ran to them, hand in hand. Yeon Ah stooped down and picked up her kids.

                “Aigoo, how was school today, my little twins,” she nuzzled their cheeks. They squealed with joy. Young Won opened the door to their van and helped buckle them into their car seats.

                “Guess where we’re going?” Young Won sang from the driver seat.

                “To grandpa and grandma’s house~!” the kids cheered. Yeon Ah laughed and looked back at them. Her kids were too cute.

--

                “Grandpa! Grandma! Grandfather! Grandmother!” the children ran into the backyard of Young Won’s parents’ house. The barbeque was already fired up and DayDay was cooking up some burgers and hotdogs.

                “Aigoo, our grandchildren are here!” Yeon Ah and Young Won’s parents crowded around the little twins. An arm slung over her shoulder. She turned to find her twin brother smiling at his niece and nephew.

                “They’re growing up looking more and more like you,” he grinned at her. “It’s nice seeing you, Sis,” he hugged her. She patted his back and laughed.

                “It has been a while, huh? How’s work?” she sat down at on the patio couch with him.

                “Writing a lot of songs, working on solo album stuff. It has been busy. It would be less stressful if you helped me out,” he playfully glared at her. She punched him on the arm.

                “I already told you, I’m out of the music biz for good. Dalmatian’s last album as a group was my final work,” she looked around for her kids and spotted them playing with Jisu and Dari.

“Fine, fine. But I heard you wrote a song for Jisu hyung’s upcoming album.”

“That’s just a rumour. If I wrote one for him, I would’ve wrote one for you too,” she looked up to see Young Won coming over with a drink in hand.

                “Here you go,” he gave her a cup.

                “Brother-in-law, where’s mine?” Daniel held out his hand.

                “Over there waiting for you to pour it in a cup,” he stuck his tongue out at him. Daniel pouted and looked at Yeon Ah. She rolled her eyes and handed her drink to him with a sigh. “You can share with me. SOME people are just lazy.”

                “Thanks! Where are my cute niece and nephew?” Daniel ran over to play with the children. Yeon Ah headed over to her parents and in-laws.

                “Hello Mom, Dad, Mother-in-law, Father-in-law. Sorry we haven’t been able to come by often,” she apologetically bowed to them. Young Won bowed with her, showing his respect.

                “It’s fine. You’re both busy now with your children and the store. We are forever grateful that you took over the business and helped us retire early,” Mr. and Mrs. Lee hugged them.

                “Yes, we’re proud of you guys. You are able to maintain a store and take care of children all while paying off our debts and giving us a relaxing retirement. If only my son could do that,” Mr. Chae frowned over at his son who was chasing around the kids. “Makes me wonder if he really is 27 years old..” the 6 of them laughed at the playful dork. “Honey, your kids are beautiful. They’re a spitting image of you,” her mother hugged her tightly.

                “Thanks, Mom. We were surprised when we found out we were having twins,” she looked over at her kids again. Dong Ho seemed to have fallen down, but Daniel was comforting him. He was up and running about within seconds. The doorbell rang and Inati went to get the door.

                “Whoa, what’s up? I haven’t seen you in a while. Hey, everybody, look who’s here,” Inati led in the guests.

                “We heard there was a party tonight and thought we should stop by,” L.Joe grinned at the group.

                “Mio! It has been a while,” Yeon  Ah ran over to greet her old friend. They had met in Japan when Yeon Ah took her in for tutoring. Mio was the same age as L.Joe and Yeon Ah knew that they were compatible with one another. She introduced them when he promoted with Teen Top in Japan and they instantly clicked.

                “Unnie! I missed you!” she pulled her into a bear hug.

                “Your hugs are still as strong as ever,” Yeon Ah gasped in the bone crushing grip.

                “Ah, sorry. Anyway, how are your kids?”

                “They’re good. They’re over there playing with their uncles. I think they missed their god father since they kept asking about him,” she chuckled at her kids now running towards L.Joe.

                “Haha, I’m glad he’s good with kids. Hey, I have some news for you!”

                “What is it?” Mio held up her left hand. An engagement ring glittered on her fourth finger. “Oh my god! When?” Yeon Ah gasped and examined the diamond.

                “Last week, on our 7th year anniversary. He took me out on a yacht for dinner and proposed to me,” she admired her ring. Yeon Ah hugged her, genuinely happy that they finally got engaged after so many years. “He told me he had been planning for almost a year and decided to do it on our 7th year together because 7 is a lucky number. Cute, huh?”

                “Adorable. So, when am I going to get some god children?” she teasingly nudged her.

                “…In about 7 months,” Mio shyly smiled. Yeon Ah’s jaw dropped. Her friend was pregnant!

                “No way! Does he know?” Mio shook her head.

                “I was thinking of telling him tonight.” Yeon Ah hugged her friend again, being extra careful this time.

                “I’m so happy for you! Ah, makes me want to have another kid,” she sighed.

                “We can always have more, if you want,” Young Won wrapped an arm around her waist. Yeon Ah jabbed him in the ribs and he bent over in pain. “Abusive wife..” he mumbled, earning him a slap this time. Mio laughed at the couple and they made their way over to the group. The barbeque went and now it was nightfall. Yeon ah had a sleeping Dong Ho in her arms while Young Won cradled Soo Yeon. L.Joe was jumping around with joy because Mio had just broken the news to him about her pregnancy. Daniel lightly strummed on his guitar and sang sweet songs to the sky. One by one, guests started leaving until finally, it was just the family.

                “Well, it’s late now. I think you guys should head on home,” the parents ushered their kids out of the house. Daniel hugged both his parents good bye and bowed to the in-laws before driving off into the night. Yeon Ah kissed her parents and in-laws on the cheek and bowed before she climbed into the car and carefully buckled the twins in.

                “Thanks for having us over. We’ll try to come more often,” Young Won bowed to them and joined his wife in the van. They drove away and watched their parents through the side view mirrors. She didn’t look away until they were completely gone.

                “That was a fun party, wasn’t it?” she held his hand as they drove home in the dark.

                “Yeah, it was fun. It’s cute how Byung Hun and Mio are engaged and expecting a child. Reminds me of when we expecting these two rascals,” he glanced in the mirror to check on his sleeping kids.

                “Yeah,” Yeon Ah mumbled, staring out the window at nothing in particular.

                “You know, I was serious when I said we could have more,” he stole a peek over at her. She smiled and kissed his hand.

                “I know. You sounded as serious as you did the first time we talked about kids,” she chuckled at the memory 5 years ago. “I’ve been thinking about it for a while now. Maybe it’s a good time to have more kids. I’m not getting any younger, and we’re financially stable and can afford one more kid.”

                “Are you 100% sure? Because if you are, you can’t back down.”

                “I don’t know. I’m pretty sure. Maybe after peak season,” she tilted her head in thought.

                “How about, we drop the kids off with Danny on Valentine ’s Day and have the night to ourselves?”

                “Why not?” Yeon Ah laughed at his surprised expression.

                “Then it’s a date?” Yeon Ah smiled.

                “It’s a date.”

THE END!


 

After countless hours of yelling at my screen and numerous bags of chips and candy, I FINALLY DID IT. I'M FINISHED! This is the FIRST fanfic I've posted and completed ^^ YAY! I think this is the ONLY chapter I actually liked LOL I think this epilogue seals the deal, so I'm not going to write a sequel >__< There probably won't be much to write about anyway. I'd just be throwing out word vomit...it's not like I haven't been doing that anyway LOL

Anyway, I hope all of you enjoyed reading this story! Also, I hope you all visit me in my other ones as well! 

FINAL COMMENT REPLIES

@ koreasujufan: ahh, although it pains me to say this, I won't be writing a sequel. 

@ hai_young: haha, really? You'll come back to re-read this? ^^ makes me happy. 

@ kmn007: hahaha it's the futurrrrree

@ ilovemuffins: You did?! =O THANK YOU~~ I was considering doing that, but then opted to write about the future and their kids XD

@ winterflowr: did see that coming, did'ya? XD

@ theblackcat1236: hahaha, yeah. I was killing myself writing that part. It was hard trying to make her naive >_<

@ ShyMin: woooo~~~~ Thank you, thank you~~~ Aww, don't cry T^T They're happy now, see? XD ah, that's the question all girls ask...and somehow, it never gets answered >_>

Usually I would say 'See you in the next Chapter', but now it has ended! So instead, I will say Farewell my friends! 

-greenninjapanda GNP-

P.S. Check out my other fic if you haven't already. Just Can't Say 'No'