The Aftermath

My Cotton Candy Boy

 

“As if things could get any worse…” Yeon Ah mumbled.

[Every Idol’s Sister?]

 Recently, we’ve reported about the breaking news of Dalmatian’s Daniel and his twin sister, Chae Yeon Ah. Ever since then, emails upon emails have been sent in with tips of what this girl has been up to. Pictures have been posted all over the net of her and some mysterious masked boys. Here are two hot topic photos that have gotten some netizens all riled up. In the first picture, Yeon Ah is seen at the mall with a male friend around Halloween time. Eagle eyed netizens have analyzed and studied the photo and have determined that this person is none other than Teen Top’s L.Joe! “They were inseparable. She was holding onto him the whole time!” a witness recalled. This next photo is what’s causing so much heat on the net. It was taken at a small café late at night. She is spotted sitting with another male friend. Again, netizens were able to find clues in the photo and confirmed that it is Dalmatian’s very own, Young Won. These two were supposedly holding hands and saying sweet nothings to one another. “I served them that night. The girl didn’t even notice me when I flirted with her,” the café worker told our interviewer, clearly flustered. So there you have it folks. Seems like this girl knows her idols, and not in the sibling sort of way. Let’s see what excuse she’ll come up with now.

She dropped down onto the couch and blankly stared at the ceiling. Things just got bad. VERY bad. How the heck was she supposed to get out of this one now? She just barely made it out of the whole Daniel fiasco, now she was being thrown into another one. ‘Why is my life so screwed up?’

                “It looks like that wasn’t the only article. There’s another one here titled ‘Twin gets plastic surgery’,” Jisu read through all the new articles popping up one after the other. The more headlines he read, the more she felt a tight knot forming in her chest. It kept growing bigger and bigger. Her breathing became more laborious. The walls seemed to be closing in on her.

                “Excuse me,” she croaked, running out of the room. Her feet led her through the building and she ended up in an empty practice room. She slammed the door and ran over to the piano. Her breaths came out raspy and the tears started flowing. She didn’t know why she was crying. Maybe it was because of the hurtful news articles or even the burden of being known to the public. Whatever it may be, it was suffocating her. “What the hell is going on?” she silently cried at the piano, the weight of reality pushing her into a deeper hole.

--

                “Where is she?” Daniel asked, pacing around the meeting room. Young Won wrung his hands in worry, checking his phone for any messages or calls from Yeon Ah. ‘Still nothing…’ Manager Kim entered the room and the boys swarmed him.

                “Did you find her?” Inati asked. Manager Kim nodded.

                “I found her in one of the practice rooms on the other side of this floor. However, I didn’t want to disturb her. I think you two should go check,” he motioned for Daniel and Young Won to follow him. “You guys stay,” he held the rest of Dalmatian back.

                “But we want to see her too,” Dari grumbled.

                “Maybe later. This is something only these two can fix.” The 3 made their way over to the practice room and quietly peeked in. “She’s been like that since I found her,” he patted their backs and left. Inside, Yeon Ah was still crying with her head down on the piano. Her body shook with every breath, no matter how hard she tried to control it.

                “Who should go in first?” Daniel looked at his helpless sister. His heart broke at the sight. She was always the stronger twin when it came to hiding emotions, but now, she looked so fragile and lost. “I think you should go in first, Hyung. I don’t exactly know what’s going on in her head, but my gut tells me she’s worried about your relationship.” Young Won’s heart fell to the pit of his stomach. What if she wanted to end it with him? What if she decided that it’s best not to stay together because of the high risks of getting found out? Taking a deep breath, he lightly knocked and let himself in.

                “Yeonnie…” he sat down on the bench next to her. She tensed up from the sound of his voice. “If you want to talk, I’m here for you. Just know that your other oppas and I will never leave your side,” he said. His hand hovered over her shoulder. ‘She might run…’ he thought, dropping his hand. Yeon Ah’s breathing slowed down and she sat up on the bench, wiping her tears.

                “Wonnie….why is life so difficult? Why can’t people live with acceptance? Why does every situation need a negative outlook? Why do idols get so much love, but their family and friends get so much hate? Why doe--” Young Won grabbed her chin and pulled her into a kiss. His body had reacted faster than his mind could register his actions. He was about to pull away and scold himself, but she started to kiss him back. They pulled apart and rested their foreheads together. Young Won tenderly cupped her cheek.

                “Why are you worrying so much? Everything’s going to be okay,” he gave her another peck before pulling her into a hug. Yeon Ah tightly hugged him back. She was afraid of letting him go. “You know, I’m sure our President already has a plan to clear things up.”

                “Are you sure?” she looked up at him. He gave her a reassuring smile and confidently nodded.

                “I’m sure.”

                “Yah, use your words next time. You don’t know how uncomfortable it is to see your sister and your best friend kissing. Ugh.”

--

                “I need to know the truth, Manager Kim. Are Young Won and Yeon Ah dating?” the President looked Manager Kim in the eyes.

                “I’m sorry we didn’t tell you right away, Sir. We thought it was best to keep it on the down low,” he looked away in guilt.

               “This makes things a bit harder for us now, doesn’t it? What do I do?” Mr. President sighed, leaning back in his chair. He closed his eyes in thought. How was he supposed to clear up the dating rumour when they turn out to be 100% true? He pondered a little bit more when all of a sudden, an idea popped up. “I know what to do. You go round up the kids. I’ve got to make a call.”

--

[All for a show?

                Those who have been following our reports know of the surprise unveiling of Chae Yeon Ah, twin sister to Daniel of boy band Dalmatian. We also reported about the pictures and rumours floating around of the possibility that Yeon Ah and Young Won of Dalmatian are dating. Seems like everything really was just a rumour. IS Entermedia’s representatives have put out an official statement regarding this situation.

                “We were preparing for Dalmatian’s next album and came up with an idea for this show. Filming started in early October and is still going on. We were hoping to keep this a secret, but our current standing calls for an explanation.

                Chae Yeon Ah is actually signed to our company as a musician/composer. She participates in song compositions and helps overlook song recordings. We were aware of her relationship with Daniel, which is how we got to hiring her.

                The pictures of her sitting with Young Won in the café are completely job related. They were discussing their scripts and practicing as they will be acting as a couple in Dalmatian’s music video.

                We hope this clears things up. With respect to Yeon Ah and her family, we wish for people to stop attacking her and stop making false accusations. She was just doing her job, nothing more.

                Please anticipate Dalmatian’s comeback as the single will be dropping in the first week of the New Year.”

Not only has IS Entermedia released their statement, T.O.P Media followed suit.

                “Recently, rumours of Teen Top’s L.Joe dating have been coming up. We would just like to clarify that none of the boys in Teen Top have girlfriends, nor do they have the time to find any. Those pictures were taken of the pair going costume shopping for Halloween. This has been confirmed by the shopkeeper of the store they went to. Chae Yeon Ah is not affiliated with T.O.P Media in any way. She is just a school friend of L.Joe’s.”

So, do you believe these 2 statements? Disagree? Leave your comments below.]

Yeon Ah signed the contract and slid it over to the company President. It has been 3 days since the conference and everything was finally settling down. Paparazzi stopped following her, news sites stopped posting stories related to her, and the public stopped gossiping about her. Life was finally back to normal. Other than the fact that she had been filming a music video and mini drama series non-stop.

                “Welcome to the team, Miss. Chae. I know you’ll be a great asset to our music production team,” he stood up and held out his hand. Yeon Ah got up as well and shook his outstretched hand.

                “Thank you for the job. And thank you for cleaning up our mistakes,” she bowed deep, showing her guilt and apology.

                “It’s okay. As long as everybody is happy and rumour-free,” he helped her up and they exited his office. Dalmatian was waiting for them outside. Daniel approached her, arms outspread.

                “Congrats on getting a job, sis. Now you get paid to do what you love,” he rested his chin on her head. She wiggled out of his embrace and playfully slapped his arm.

                “It’s not about the money; it’s about the music. Plus, I probably wouldn’t be able to get a job like this if I had tried,” she laughed at herself.

                “No, you would’ve been scouted even before you even tried looking,” Mr. President pointed out. Others nodded in agreement. “Anyway, you all have schedules to tend to. Off you go,” he shooed them away. They walked through the hallways and down to the studio for filming. Employees stopped and bowed at them as they passed by. ‘This’ll take some time to get used to,’ Yeon Ah smiled and bowed back to all the people.

--

                “Okay, that was great guys. Let’s take a 10 minute break and then resume filming later,” the director dismissed everybody from the set. Yeon Ah got up and stretched out her sore legs. They were filming scenes for the show that Mr. President had come up with as an excuse. Now they actually had to film it or else things would get suspicious. The concept of the mini drama is the boys of Dalmatian, sans Daniel, learn how to cope with different personality typed girls. Yeon Ah had to act from high maintenance girls to completely indifferent girls to extremely bubbly girls. It was extremely tiring. She hated the bubbly girl the most. It drained her energy every single time. Today was no different.

                “Yeonnie! Come eat!” DayDay called her over to the lunch table. She jogged over and sat in between Daniel and Young Won.

                “Thank you for the food~” she cheered and dug in. ‘Ugh, getting out of character is hard…’ she thought, shaking off her ‘outgoing’ persona from filming just now. Manager Kim joined them from his meeting.

                “Yeon Ah, you’ve got a session with one of the other music producers after filming today. You’ll be doing sound tests and editing,” he nodded at her before inhaling his food.

                “Oh, okay. Thank you Manager Kim,” she sighed.

                “Also, we called your old workplace and told them you can’t work there anymore.”

                “What?! B-b-but.”

                “No buts. You’ll be too busy with work here. The nice ahjumma said it’s okay and that you’re welcome to go back anytime.”

                “Neh…” she sighed yet again. Young Won and Daniel both gave her a small hug.

                “It’s okay, Sis. At least you get to go back whenever you want? Maybe sometime soon? You know, we haven’t had your candy in a while now and it’s KILLING us,” he poked her arm.

                “Ha ha, okay. I’ll try to go there when I have free ti-- Sorry, I have a call. I’ll be right back,” she bowed out and picked up her phone. “Hello?”

               “NOONA! It’s so nice to hear your voice! How have you been?” Yeon Ah pulled the phone away from her ear. ‘Aish, my precious hearing.’

                “Yah, lower your voice. I’m fine, how about you, Byung Hun?”

                “I’ve been great! Just busy with preparations for our next album.”

                “That’s good. Anyway, what’s up? You never call me.”

                “Well, first off, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME DANIEL-HYUNG IS YOUR BROTHER? I looked like a fool when I introduced you guys. Second, now that your sibling relationship is out in the open, do you and the Dalmatian hyungs want to come over to our place for New Year’s Eve?” L.Joe bit his lip. He really wanted to her to come. It was important that she came.

                “Hmm, let me ask the guys.” Yeon Ah walked back to the table, “Do you guys want to go to a New Year’s Eve party at Teen Top’s place? Byung Hun invited us.” A chorus of ‘sure’ and ‘okay’ echoed around the table. “Hello? Yeah, we’ll be there. Just send me your address. 8:00? Okay. See you then. Bye.”

                “Looks like somebody has a date,” Dari wiggled his eyebrows at her. Jisu slapped him and pointed to Young Won. Yeon Ah laughed and shook her head.

                “If I have a date, then you have a date as well,” she winked at him. He slapped his forehead and held up his hands in defeat. Young Won hugged her waist.

                “If she ever has a date, it’ll be with me,” he kissed her cheek, earning himself a warning glare from Daniel.


 

Okay, I know. This is REALLLY late. >_< I had planned out this chapter and started writing it, but the more I wrote, the more I hated it. No lie. I HATED the chapter. So, about 4 pages in and halfway through, I decided to start it all over and change EVERYTHING. Ugh....I'm a bad author. This chapter isn't the best and I hope the failed news articles didn't make you cringe >_<

Anyway, thank you too those of you who waited for this chapter! I figured everybody knew what was coming next, my cliffhangers DX

COMMENT REPLIES:

@ winterflowr: T^T she got found out! now for more drama kekeke

@ koreasujufan: really?! thank you so much! 

@ ilovemuffins: I too, want more Yeonnie/Wonnie moments...but I can't promise you anything ^.~

@ hai_young: you, my friend, are too smart for me T^T LOL scandal between l.joe and young won hahahaha made me laugh

@ kmn007: I'm sorry >__<

Anyway, comments make me smile ^^

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-