Birthday

My Cotton Candy Boy

 

                “Happy Birthday, Yeon Ah!” the twins threw their gifts at her. With cat like reflexes, she caught both presents as they giggled and applauded. “Again! Again!” they cheered. Yeon Ah laughed and jogged over to them.

                “I’ll do it again if you have another present for me,” she laughed and pocketed the small boxes. It was winter break and the twins had invited Yeon Ah out for a birthday lunch. They walked around, window shopping, and eventually went to a café they frequently go to. Taking their seats, Hyo Min waved the waiter over and the three of them ordered their food. “I’ll have a Mint Hot Chocolate and a Blueberry Muffin,” Yeon Ah ordered.

                “I think I’m going to get a Caramel Macchiato and a slice of Strawberry Cheesecake,” Hyo Min passed the menu over to her sister. Hyo Rin greedily grabbed it and scanned the list at the speed of light.

                “I want a Cappuccino and the Triple Chocolate Cake,” Hyo Rin handed the menu to the waiter. He scribbled the orders onto his notepad and slid the pencil behind his ear.

                “Okay, so that’s one Mint Hot Chocolate, one Caramel Macchiato, one Cappuccino, a Blueberry Muffin, a slice of Strawberry Cheesecake, and a slice of Triple Chocolate Cake.”

                “NO, not a slice. I want the whole cake. THE WHOLE CAKE,” Hyo Rin glared at him. He took a step back.

                “U-uh, I’m sorry Miss. We don’t sell whole cakes unless it is pre-ordered,” he stuttered, avoiding the laser beams shooting out from her eyes. Hyo Min covered her sister’s eyes and bowed to the waiter.

                “I’m so sorry; she’s quite greedy when it comes to cake. We’ll just take the slice. Thanks,” she nodded again and smacked her sister. “Control yourself, Hyo Rin-ah!”

                “But I want a whole cake!” she whined. Yeon Ah laughed at her friends and pulled out their gifts. It instantly caught their attentions and the cake dispute was thrown out the window. “You’re totally going to like my gift. It’s 10 times better than hers,” Hyo Rin poked Hyo Min’s arm.

                “Yeah right. You keep telling yourself that. I know you’ll love both of them.” Yeon Ah’s hand hovered over the presents and she picked up the red box first.

                “Hah! She picked mine first!” Hyo Rin stuck her tongue out at her sister. Hyo Min rolled her eyes.

                “Whatever.”

                “I’m opening it now.” Yeon ah untied the ribbon and pulled off the lid. Inside, there was a pair of sabre shaped earrings. “Aw, cute! Thanks!”

                “It took me a long time to find them! You should be grateful!”

                “I am! Thank you!” Yeon Ah closed the box and picked up the black box. She opened it up and it was another pair of earrings. Only this time, they were shaped like cotton candy. One was pink and the other was blue. “I’ve always wanted these! Where did you find them?”

                “It took 3 hours of scavenging through hundreds of pairs of earrings. I think my prescription went up,” Hyo Min laughed. Yeon Ah gave each of them a rare hug and thanked them for the gifts. The waiter arrived with their orders and they happily ate on the cold winter’s day, watching the snow falling outside.

--

                The chimes of the café rang as Teen Top piled in. They grabbed a table and placed their orders. L.Joe pulled out his phone and texted Yeon Ah.

                (Noona! Do you think you could come out to the café near our school? -L.Joe)

                He sent the message and waited for her reply. A familiar message tone rang from the other side of the café and L.Joe looked around for the source. He caught sight of Yeon Ah, who was reading his text, and quickly walked over. She was about to reply when she felt a presence next to her. The twins squealed from across the table and began whispering to each other. Yeon Ah looked up and saw a smiling L.Joe sitting beside her.

                “Oh, hey, Byung Hun. What do you want?”

                “Here!” he brought out his present and set it on the table.

                “What’s this for?”

                “It’s my present to you! It is your birthday, right?” he slid the box closer and she picked it up.

                “You didn’t have to get me anything, Byung Hun. Plus, how did you know it was my birthday?”

                “I asked you sometime at the beginning of the year,” he grinned widely at her. She chuckled.

                “I’m surprised you remembered.”

                “How could I forget my favourite Noona’s birthday?” The twins eyes widened in surprise. Yeon Ah laughed and lightly punched his arm.

                “Anyway, thanks for the gift,” she put it in her bag.

                “Aren’t you going to open it now?” he pouted at her.

                “Yeah! You should open it now Yeonnie!” Hyo Rin piped up for the first time since he came to their table. Yeon Ah took the present out and opened it. The butterfly clip shone under the soft light. She looked at the glittering diamonds in awe.

                “It’s gorgeous. Thank you.” L.Joe beamed. He knew she was going to like it, but her reaction was better than he expected. Yeon Ah carefully took it out of the box and admired the myriad of colours that reflected off the stones. The twins’ eyes widened even more.

                “Here, let me help you with that,” L.Joe grabbed the clip and secured it into her hair. “Perfect.” By now, the twins were about to explode from the cute scene in front of them. Yeon Ah touched the clip in her hair.

                “Thanks.”

                “It’s nothing. I’m going to head back to my table now. I’ll see you all after the winter break,” he stood up and bowed to them. After he left, Hyo Rin jumped into the seat next to Yeon Ah and grabbed her arm.

                “OMG! You guys look so cute together!” she squealed.

                “Definitely!” Hyo Min giggled. Yeon Ah rolled her eyes. She knew they would over think the situation. Considering the fact that they’re lives revolve around ‘love’, she was certain they would think there was more behind her relationship with L.Joe.

                “Guys, this is a bit much, don’t you think? Besides, we’re merely friends, nothing more.”

                “Uh, his actions beg to differ,” they pointed at her brand new clip.

                “He was just being a nice dongsaeng. Anyway, I’m going to head out now.”

                “Hey, we’ll go with you. We need to drop something off anyway,” Hyo Min picked up her bag and handed Hyo Rin her purse.

                “Really? Okay then.” The three of them paid for the food and stepped into a winter wonderland. The snow was lightly falling around them, coating everything in a blanket of white fluff. “What are guys delivering anyway?” she jumped around in the untouched snow.

                “Oh, just a birthday gift.”

                “For who?”

                “Daniel of Dalmatian! Did you know? His real birthday is today? You’re lucky to have the same birthday as him,” Hyo Rin skipped ahead, twirling around with her arms spread out. Yeon Ah nearly tripped over.

                “You know. I always thought you looked like him when you smiled. But, that’s impossible because if you guys were twins, you would’ve told us by now,” Hyo Min told her then skipped after her sister. Yeon Ah sighed, gazing after her friends. ‘I’m sorry, guys. But now’s not the time to tell you.’

--

                Yeon Ah opened the front door and entered the dark living room. She was too used to coming home to a dark house that she didn’t think much of it. Quietly, she skilfully walked through the dark room and ran up to her room. Since it was winter break, Daniel was practicing late into the night and performing as many broadcasts as he could. ‘I guess he’s not going to be able to celebrate our birthday together.’ She sighed and changed into some comfortable clothes. This year was the first year they could celebrate their birthday together since his debut. She was a bit disappointed, but she knew that work came first in his life. She headed down to the living room and the lights at the bottom of the stairs.

                “SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!” voices filled up the quiet suburban home. Yeon Ah covered her eyes and ears as party poppers and silly string was thrown at her. Dalmatian bounced around the living room and Daniel pulled her into a bear hug.

                “Happy Birthday to us, Yeonnie! I’m surprised you didn’t see us hiding. What happened to your ninja skills?” he messed up her hair.

                “They froze with the weather outside. Remind me to take a cab next time,” she pinched his nose and brought him over to the others. “Thanks for the surprise guys! I know you all have a busy schedule, so I’m extremely grateful that you’re all here,” she bowed to them.

                “Don’t worry about it! How could we miss our favourite dongsaeng’s birthday?” Inati pulled her into a hug. She laughed and took a quick peek at Young Won, who was glaring at his hyung. She pushed herself away, afraid that her boyfriend might do something stupid like oh, I don’t know, reveal their relationship? The birthday pair sat down on the couch together to open their presents. Daniel got a watch from DayDay, a hat from Dari, a scarf from Jisu, some studs from Young Won, and a sweater from Inati.

                “Thanks hyungs!” he gave them all a handshake. Yeon Ah opened her presents. She did a double take on all of her gifts and looked from her brother’s presents to her own. Was she seeing things, or did Dalmatian get her the same things as her brother? In front of her lay a watch, a hat, a scarf, and a sweater. The only thing different was the diamond necklace from Young Won.

                “We thought it’d be cute if we got matching gifts for the two of you. Cause you know, you’re twins and all,” DayDay explained. Yeon Ah and Daniel glanced at each other. It was cute having matching outfits when they were little, but now it was a bit cheesy. Border-lining weird since they were in their teens now.

                “Uh, thanks everybody. I love them,” she packed them away in one box and put it aside.

                “Let’s cut the cake!” Jisu ran into the kitchen and came back with a chocolate cake. Dalmatian sang a hip hop styled ‘Happy birthday’ to the pair and they blew out the candles.

--

                “Time for Truth or Dare!” Jisu jumped up in his seat. The other boys groaned and tried to escape. “Hey! Don’t you guys even think about running away, okay? You know it’s tradition to play it on somebody’s birthday. I’ll go first! Hmm….DayDay hyung, truth or dare?”

                “Truth. I’m never taking a dare from you ever again.” Jisu laughed and the game began. The house was full of smiles and laughter as people told hilarious and scandalous truths, and completed some ridiculous dares. It was Yeon Ah’s turn again and Jisu had something planned for her.

                “Truth or Dare, Yeonnie.”

                “Hmm….”

                “DON’T PICK DARE! It’s suicide!” Dari yelled, wiping off the makeup Jisu dared him to put on earlier. Yeon Ah shrugged her shoulders.

                “Dare.” An evil smile grew on Jisu’s face and he pulled out a water bottle.

              “I dare you to play the Bbo Bbo game with whoever this bottle lands on.” Yeon Ah’s jaw dropped. The kissing game? Is he joking? She hadn’t even kissed Young Won yet, and he’s been her boyfriend for 2 months now. How could she possibly kiss one of his friends? She looked over at him and saw the glint in his eyes. He couldn’t be supporting this idea, could he?

                “Are you serious?”

                “Minus your brother, everybody is included. And yes, I’m serious.”

                “No way.”

                “Then do you want to face the punishment?” Jisu held up a tube of wasabi.

                “No. Ugh, fine. Give me the stupid water bottle.” Yeon Ah placed it on the floor and the boys surrounded her. Daniel watched from the sidelines. With a last attempt of escape, she turned to her brother. “Danny, you’re not going to stop this? You do know that they’re taking advantage of me, right?”

                “It’s just a kiss, Yeonnie. Plus, I’m sure you would rather kiss one of the hyungs than a greasy nerd,” he reasoned. Yeon Ah glared at her brother. So much for helping his twin sister. ‘That meanie.’ She spun the bottle and watched as it rotated around. Young Won stared lasers at the bottle, wishing as hard as he could for it to land on him. She prayed that it landed on herself so that the dare would be voided. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. They eagerly leaned in as the bottle slowed down and stopped, right on Young Won. She looked at him and couldn’t read his face. It was as blank as Daniel’s homework, which anybody can admit, was extremely blank.

                “Okay, so you have to play the Bbo Bbo game with Young Won.” Yeon ah looked at her boyfriend and tried to send him warning signals. ‘Don’t do anything rash, Wonnie.’

                “You first,” he pointed to her.

                “Bbo.”

                “Bbo,” he leaned in fast.

                “Bbo,” she moved slightly. His face was still blank. ‘What is he going to do?’

                “Bbo,” he moved in again, their faces just inches apart.

                “Bbo,” she went forward. Now they were face to face. His breath brushed against her lips; their noses touching. Yeon Ah searched his eyes, praying that he wasn’t thinking of doing anything stupid. ‘I know he’s been waiting for our first kiss. Let’s just hope he doesn’t do what I think he will do.’ She looked into his eyes. A smirk grew on his face and before she could react, he grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. She tried to push him away, but he had her in a bear hug. Giving up, she closed her eyes and kissed him back. The other boys stared at the two, speechless. After about a minute, they finally reacted to the scene.

                “YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY SISTER?!” Daniel pried the two apart and hugged her protectively. DayDay and Dari held Young Won back, who was now laughing with glee. Yeon Ah was blushing beet red and hid her face in her hands. She was happy and embarrassed all at once. The couple finally shared their first kiss, but now their relationship has been revealed.

                “Young Won-ah, that was a bit too much, don’t you think?” Inati patted Yeon Ah’s head.

                “2 months. I’ve waited 2 whole months for this moment! Woo~~~” he yelled happily.

                “What do you mean by 2 months?” DayDay looked at his dongsaeng, confused. Yeon Ah looked up and pulled out of her brother’s grasp. She walked over to Young Won and held out her hand, pulling him up.

                “Danny, we have something to tell you,” she faced the group, still holding onto Young Won’s hand. “We’re,” she paused and took a deep breath, “we’re dating.”

                “…….WHAT?!” Daniel jumped up from the couch. Inati and Jisu grabbed onto him before he could charge at the couple. Young Won stepped forward and shielded Yeon Ah. “What do you mean you’re dating?!”

                “Well, you see, we sort of developed feelings for each other when we were the Heads of the Halloween Committee,” she peeked out from behind Young Won. Daniel was fuming. He never would’ve thought that his sister would be dating; and on top of that, with a member of Dalmatian.

                “Why didn’t you tell us earlier, dongsaeng?” Inati asked.

                “We didn’t want to cause any scandals, especially during our debut months,” Young Won explained. Daniel sat down and messed up his hair. Yeon Ah carefully walked over to him and sat down.

                “You’re not mad, are you?”

                “I am. You should’ve told me,” he growled at her.

                “I’m sorry. I was scared you wouldn’t take it well.” Yeon Ah grabbed his hand. He relaxed under her touch and motioned for Young Won to come over.

                “Hyung, I trusted you.”

                “I’m sorry. I should’ve told you about how I felt and get your approval. However, we couldn’t ignore our feelings.”

                “I understand. Although it’s a shock, I approve of your guys’ relationship. I think you two are compatible. Yeon Ah could use someone who is expressive like you in her life.”

                “Really? Danny, do you really mean that?” Yeon Ah sat up.

                “Yes.”

                “Thank you so much, Oppa!” she hugged him.

                “What did you call me?” he looked at her, shocked.

                “Oppa?” Daniel beamed at his sister and turned to Young Won.

                “Welcome to the family, brother-in-law!” Young Won blushed and bowed. Yeon Ah had never called him ‘oppa’ before and if dating his friend made her happy enough to call him that, then he’s all for it.

                “Wait. Let me get this straight. You guys have been dating for 2 months? If my calculations are correct….”

                “Yes, Jisu hyung. We got together on Halloween. During the movie night,” Young Won smiled at his friends.

                “Ah, I see.”

                “Was that really your guys’ first kiss?” DayDay asked.

                “Yes, it was.”

                “Bummer. You’re a very patient man, Young Won. I would’ve pounced on her by now.”

                “DAYDAY HYUNG!”


 

Egads....I'm sorry guys T^T I wrote a longer chapter cause I felt bad >_< Ack, if you're reading my other story, I've decided to continue writing it AFTER I finish this one >_< SO SORRY >_<

Anywho, it's finally out in the open now eh? Happy? Angry? Want L.Joe? Don't worry, he has not been forgotten!

COMMENT REPLIES

@ ilovemuffins: kekeke your wish has been granted, my friend

@ winterflowr: I really don't want L.Joe to find out >_< Really?! How could she decline?! Man, she missed out....IT WAS AWESOME.

@ Humptydumptyicedtea: they found out! =O

@ hai_young: I think it is the only concert I'll ever go to....I've discovered that concert scenes just aren't my thing LOL haha yes, at least they have dates, even if they have to be ninjas every single time XD

@ ShyMin: aren't they? thanks for reading/commenting!

So, yea, hope you enjoyed it! The next chapter will be up soon. I'm almost done writing it.

See you in the next Chapter!

-greenninjapanda GNP-