Plans

I'm yours

(onew’s p.o.v)

It’s been two days since that and Taemin was slowly getting better. He was not lurking around like an emotionless robot anymore. He was still upset mind you; I would find him sitting around with a blank expression now and then, when he thought I wasn’t looking. But all in all, I could see glimpses of the old Taemin and that was enough for now.

After that salty breakfast, we decided that me, cooking, wasn’t such a good idea and we fell back into our old habit. I would either order food from the local take out or we’d just eat readymade, microwaveable food. Last night Taemin’s mum came to visit the supposedly ‘ill’ me with lots of food and healthy tea and juices. She always treated me like her own son, especially since my parents moved. I was a bit guilty for acting ill in front of her. But it was for Taemin so it’s fine.

Now both of us were perched in front of the TV, watching a documentary about penguins, my favourite animal. I smiled at the cute baby penguins waddling around their parents, trying to get their attention.

‘Yah Taemin, look it’s you.’ I pointed at the tiniest penguin ever. It was walking alongside a slightly bigger and chubbier one that was walking awkwardly slipping now and again.

‘And the one next to it is so you hyung. Look it’s even falling all the time like you.’ He scoffed at me, earning a half assessed glare from me. TO be honest I actually liked it. I liked it very much that he was joining in with my jokes. That’s the first time he joked after that night.

‘Yah! I’m not that clumsy. I am very graceful you know. It’s just that the ground doesn’t like me much…’ I joked back.

‘Yeah right! Don’t blame the ground for your stupid assed condition…’

I laughed at that. He always said that my clumsiness and weird sense of humour was due to this condition I have, like a disease or something. He was childish like that. Talking about being childish…

‘Yah! Taeminnie why don’t we go to the amusement park before our summer job starts?’ I perked up on my seat, nudging him with my elbow.

He turned around me and looked at me as if I had grown an extra head or something. He shook his head and his expression changed into a sad one. I didn’t want to see him like this anymore and going to the amusement park and having fun would surely mend his heart quicker. I mean whenever I felt sad over Taemin, having fun always helped me.

‘We are going and that’s final.’ I exclaimed.

‘But hyung I don’t feel like going.’ He sighed and turned back to the TV. ‘Ask someone else to go with you , if you want to go that bad. I’d only bring down the mood anyway.’

I ignored his sad expression completely. If I just ignored his sulking, surely after a while he’d stop. I decided that making him smile was my first priority. I jumped up and down on the sofa shouting,

‘We should go go go go go…..please Miniie….please….P.l.e.a.s.e…pwetty please……’ I pulled the best puppy dog face I could muster and whined.

My heart summersaulted, seeing Taemin’s sweet smile returning back to where it belonged. I scooted next to him, nuzzling his arm like a real puppy, earning a soft chuckle from him.

‘You’re impossible hyung….fine I’ll go, now stop with the hurt puppy dog act; you know it doesn’t work on me.’ He scoffed and pushed me off of him. I exaggerated and flew back, falling on my bum.  

‘Woof ..woof..’ I cutely barked and nuzzled his knees with my nose, carrying on with the puppy act.

He patted my hair with one of his hand, saying,

‘Good boy, don’t whine…get up and you’ll get a treat.’ He laughed.

I jumped up on my feet and plopped down on the sofa next to him. So it was final. We’d go to the park and do all the things Taemin loved to do and he’d be back to his old self in no time. My mind was turning like clockwork to think up things we could do tomorrow. Roller-coasters were a must as were haunted house and all the other scary rides. Both of us love all the rides and we used to go crazy over deciding which ones to ride every time we went and tomorrow won’t be any different. We’d fill ourselves up in all the junk food the park has to offer and we’ll have fun like we always do, I’ll make sure of that. I sighed contently at the thought, missing the sadness in Taemin’s eyes.

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

A teeny tiny update....my computer's down and I wrote this on my i-pod...so yeah....sorry about the quality...