Sorry

I'm yours

(Taemin’s p.o.v)

I was shocked at Jinki Hyung’s outburst. He never cracked like that, never, especially with me. He never even raised his voice when I accidentally burned his entire comic collection. I must have really hurt him this time. I was useless, no wonder no one loved me. No wonder I had no one. No wonder all these happened to me. I deserved this, every single bit of it.

My mind was blank. The only though that occupied my mind was that I had made a mess of everything. I even managed to make Hyung mad at me and for some weird reason that bothered me more than what Minho did. That doesn’t even make sense.

I thought about what Jinki Hyung said, Minho wasn’t the only thing I had and now that I think about it, he was right. Minho only came into my life a couple of weeks ago. Okay true that I have been staring at him from far for ages but before Minho I still had a life, a good one at that.

Why was I even crying for the guy who just treated me as a joke? When does my heart still ache for someone who crushed it with his own vengeful words? And why was I upsetting Jinki Hyung who has always been by my side just for a slime ball like him?

I shook my head; this wasn’t right, not right at all. I needed to sort out my feelings. I have to forget Minho. I have to.

But how?

I sat there for a few more minutes, staring blankly at the food in front of me. Maybe eating the breakfast would be the first step? But before that I should go talk to hyung. I didn’t like it that he shouted at me and wasn’t talking to me. That wasn’t the Jinki hyung I knew, he always looked over all my mistakes and childish whining. So why did he suddenly change now? I didn’t like it, not at all.

After a while I decided that the best thing to do will be to go talk to hyung, so I got up and slowly walked up the stair. I stopped abruptly in front of hyung’s room.

He was crying. I could hear his muffled sobs through the door. Why was he crying? Shouldn’t it me crying instead? After all I was the one with a broken heart here. Then realization hit me. Being the soft, caring and emotional hyung he was, he was probably crying for what happened to me. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

‘Hyung…open the door.’ I said softly and waited for the door to open.

But nothing of the sort happened. The muffled sobbing from before stopped though. That was a relief. I didn’t like the sound of hyung’s sobs; it was too alien for me.

I knocked on the door again, with more force this time.

‘Hyung…please let me in…’ My voice broke a little. ‘Talk to me….shout at me….anything….just don’t ignore me hyung….’ I felt tears rolling down my eyes.

I already lost a lot of things; I didn’t want to lose hyung too. He had always been my support and I wouldn’t be able to get over this without him. But how do I let him know all these?

My hopes soared as I heard a soft shuffling from the other side of the door and before I knew it, the door creaked open. A tear soaked Jinki hyung stood in front of me. The sight saddened me a little. This expression didn’t suit him; he was better off with his toothy, eye crinkling grins. I could not help myself and ran to him hugging him tight.

‘I don’t wanna lose you too hyung.’ I whispered against his chest. ‘I don’t wanna lose our friendship. It’s all I have left…’

Hyung put his arms around me and patted my back, saying,

‘I’m sorry Tae…I know I should be supporting you through this…but I just can’t see you like this….it breaks my heart.’ His voice broke.

‘I know hyung….I just need some time… stay with me while I sort through this..’ I hugged him tighter. ‘please’ I whispered the last part.

He just nodded and patted my head.

‘Take all the time you need, I’ll always be here…’

In his arms I felt safe. I felt as if I could take this on, forget everything. In his arms, I would be able to learn to smile again. One day.

We stayed like that for god knows how long before he pulled us apart, still holding onto me though.

‘Let’s go have out breakfast now..ne?’ his soft voice like honey to my ears.

I nodded slightly and let him led me downstairs, holding hands. I felt like a little kid, but I liked it. A small part of me was happy despite the other broken part. I interlaced our finger and tightened my hold on him, a small, almost invisible smile ghosting on my lips.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

okay...okay ....even I get it that this chapter is lame and a bit rushed...but i didn't want Taemin to mope around for longer....[sighes and bows] sorry guys if i disappointed you.... :(