Cry

I'm yours

(Onew’s p.o.v)

 Silence impregnated the air as we both just sat there saying nothing. I knew Tae didn’t need my words to sooth him right now, he needed this silence, and no matter how awkward or heart wrenching it is, I will give it to him. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes. Tear were falling down both his cheeks and his lips were trembling. I scooted next to him and pulled him in my arms, still silent.

I rocked him back and forth just like I did the night before, which seemed to help him last night. Maybe it’ll calm him down today as well? I hope it did.

I felt his arms slowly snaking around my waist to bring me closer to him. This grip was vice-like.

‘H..hyung…w..wha..what sh..should I do n..now?’ he whispered. ‘H..how a.am I gonn..gonna face e..everyone?’

I felt like finding that Minho right now and punch his god awful face. He did not just break Tae’s heart, he also managed to make him scared of facing everyone.

‘Shh.. it’s all gonna be okay. Everyone’s going to forget about this whole thing after the summer holiday anyway? You know how our school mates are? They’ll find something else, something more juicier to talk about by the time holiday ends?’ I softly patted his back.

He was silent again. Oh the god awful silence. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I pulled him away from my embrace; ignoring his struggle and looked straight into his tear-soaked eyes.

‘Taemin look. I know Minho hurt you and you probably feel awful right now, like life’s gonna end or something but trust me it’s gonna get better. If you let yourself, you will forget about him in no time and start afresh….no matter how bad it feels right now, life must go on…it always goes on…’ I looked away from him and muttered to myself ‘I should know…’

‘h..how do..do you k..know? you..you’ve never e..even fallen in lo..love…’ his question was like a blow to my heart.

Oh Tae if only you knew…..I sighed and looked at him.

‘You don’t know everything about me Tae. Just trust me when I say I know….it’ll get better soon. And look at the bright side, this happened the day before our holiday started so you won’t have to face the school right away. You just need to forget about that bastard that’s all’ I said and tried to smile at him, failing miserably.

Taemin looked at me like a little kid who lost his pet.

‘Would it really get better hyung?’ He whispered.

‘Yes it would. Now that you know what an Minho is you can forget about him quicker and carry on..ne?’ I asked hopefully, relieved to notice that his crying had ceased.

‘But I think I still love him hyung…..even after all he did…I still love him…tell me how to forget him…’ His tears started to roll down again.

‘How can you be so merciless Tae? How can you not see what your words are doing to me? Are you that blind?’ I thought to myself.

‘Shhh…he is not worth your tears….by crying you’re just letting him win. Don’t let him win , Tae. Smile. Laugh. Show him that he meant nothing to you either. Show him that all this didn’t affect you at all.’ I whispered.

I didn’t know what else to say. I absolutely at cheering people up…or talking to people….at all.

‘I know hyung….i’ll try…’

‘Hmm…but for now, cry as long as you want, until all of this is out of your system….he is out of your system. I’m here…’

I let my own tears fall after making sure that Tae wouldn’t notice. We cried into each other’s embrace.