chapter 16

I'm yours

(Taemin’s p.o.v)

It’s been two days since me and Jinki hyung went to the amusement park and for some reason I had a feeling that he had changed somehow after the day ended. I could not pin point exactly how he had changed, it was just a gut feeling that I could not shrug away.

He gave me a bear hug when we reached my doorstep and I was a bit surprised by the kiss he left on my forehead. He had kissed me before but this was different. I don’t know why but I felt a kaleidoscope of emotions rush through me as his lips touched my skin, I felt a bit lost and felt as if something very important was sliding out of my grasp. But what was it?

‘Good bye, Taeminnie.’ His voice sounded saddened, why did it sound so sad, what was going on? I felt like wrapping my arms around him and never let him go, what was this feeling? I just ended up laughing at him,

‘Hyung we are gonna see each other in about eight hours anyway! What’s with the heavy good bye?’

That wasn’t what I wanted to say at all. Not even close to what I wanted to say. I wanted to ask him if I could just sleep in his house today or if he could possibly just sleep over mine, I did not want to let him go. To mask the stupid emotions churning around me, I just bid him goodbye and went my merry way.

That night I could not even catch a minute of eye because my mind kept on going over and over the events of the day, the alien feelings I had felt when those girls were flirting with hyung, the way my heart had squeezed when hyung had smiled back at them and how his smiles seemed brighter than ever, how his laughs were sweeter than ever. I just didn’t know what these feeling were. Why am I being too possessive of hyung? Why do I want to keep him all to myself? I didn’t have answers to any of these questions.

Next morning had come and gone without me seeing or hearing anything from hyung. When I called him, his phone went straight to answering machine and when I went over to his place, it was locked. Hyung had gone somewhere without telling me, he never did that. He always told me if he was going somewhere, so what had changed? Why did he not tell me the night before? He could have at least texted me right?

Without me realizing it, I had been hovering around the room that faced hyung’s house, every now and then peeking through the window to check if he finally came home, but he never did. I got so impatient that even watching TV did not distract me, neither did dancing and dancing always distract me, always.

The day ended, the sun set, still no sign of hyung. By then I was getting too fidgety. Sudden fear clutched my heart, what if something bad had happened to hyung? What if he had an accident or something? Hyung was so clumsy! What if he was in trouble or something? I rummaged around for my phone and called him again, still no answer. So I decided to send a text.

‘Hyung, are you okay? Where did you go? Call me asap because I’m really worried about you!!!’

I waited and waited and waited, until after about forty-five minutes, the phone finally chimed to say that I had a message, it said,

‘Don’t worry Taemin; I’m at my cousin’s house. Family emergency.’ and that was all. I felt a little disappointed that it wasn’t longer and because he hadn’t told me before. If he had informed me about it, I wouldn’t have wasted my whole day worrying about him, right?

The next day went almost the same way, with me being restless for not being able to see or talk to him and him just not being there.

And now here I was standing in front of the mirror once again, checking my dishevelled self and sighing. Today was our first day working in the pet shop and at morning when I peeked through the window, the lock was gone from hyung’s door. So, he finally came back but still did not really meet me. Maybe he was too exhausted after his journey or maybe he came in too late and did not want to disturb me? I reasoned with myself. I had quickly gotten myself ready, ignoring the dark-circles and the tiredness etched on my features and before I knew it I was standing in front of hyung’s house, pressing the doorbell.

After a while, the door finally opened to reveal and equally tired and equally dark-circled hyung. His expression changed as soon as he saw me but instead of getting happy, like he always used to , he looked a bit scared! He looked like a trapped animal or something? What was wrong with him.

‘What are you doing here this early, Taemin?’ He called me Taemin, not Taeminnie, Minnie or TaeTae. Why didn’t he use the nick-names he gave me? Why did he sound so distant? I did not know how to react, what should I say? So, I just settled with,

‘Hyung, why aren’t you ready? We are going to be late for our work?’ His eyes widened and he stammered.

‘Work? Oh my God..I completely forgot about that…’ Saying that he ran off, leaving the door open, with me outside his house.

Okay, maybe he hadn’t changed that much! I chuckled to myself. He was still the same forgetful hyung I knew and if that crash was what I think it was, he was still the clumsy hyung I knew. I walked inside his house and locked the door. His house was a mess. Much messier than it had been the last time I had been here, it looked like a dump. Well hyung had never been too keen on cleaning up but neither was he this messy. The last time his house was like this was when hyung lost his chemistry folder and he had been crying for two weeks (yes, I know! I’m friends with a total geek!). So, something must really be wrong with him, what though?

Like the good little dongsaeng I was, I started cleaning up the place a bit. Gathering up all the rubbish and binning them, piling all his books on the table and trying to fold up as many clothes as I could before he was ready. I almost had the living room cleaned up when he waddled down the stairs in his oversized orange t-shirt and not-so-skinny jeans. His hair was still dishevelled and he still looked tired but at least he was ready to go and anyway we’ll get out uniforms from the pet shop anyway.

‘Let’s go hyung!’ I walked up to him and tried to link our arms but he stepped away quickly and said,

‘You didn’t have to clean up Taemin, I was going to do that after I came back from work.’ He didn’t even bother to explain why I wasn’t allowed to hold him! That hurt me.

‘It’s okay hyung. It’s the same thing whether it’s me or you doing it right? I practically live here anyway so I should share the workload as well!’ I tried to laugh the sudden sadness off. I did not like how he was behaving; I did not like it at all.

‘Thanks but don’t bother next time. I can do my own chores.’, was his curt reply as he led me out of the house. This was not the Jinki hyung I knew. He wasn’t smiling, neither was he trying to spout rubbish jokes that made me smile, this wasn’t my best friend at all! What changed in these two days? He was fine that day we went to the park wasn’t he? So why was he acting like a stranger all of a sudden?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now Tae will start relizing his feelings :)

So don't kill me for this pointless chapter but I thought it was needed...meh LOL (sorry)

donghae crying - gifs

I'll update tomorrow again with a much better chapter (might be a bit angsty and filled with jealousy >.<)

I'm too unhappy with this fanfic....lemme laugh it off...jung juri style...

LOL... - gifs

but anyway BYEE :D and see ya tomorrow with a new chapter ....

(A small gif for you guys....a y assed swan-dubu <3)

Onew Stretching