Rollarcoaster+bunnies = BAD idea.

I'm yours

(Taemin’s p.o.v)

‘Hyung don’t be such a wimp, come on…It’s only a rollercoaster!’ I whined as hyung refused to budge from his face.

He was afraid of heights, had always been, but from what I see, if he never faces his fear, how is he going to get over it? So, see I was being a good dongsaeng for once and trying to cure hyung of his phobia. Well the fact that I really wanted to go on the ride, and not alone, didn’t really count, okay?

He was still being stubborn and refused to move. He looked like a cute little kid, hugging the lamppost as if his life depended on it, such a child!

‘Come on hyung, if you don’t go I’ll be angry…and you don’t want me to be angry, now do you?’ He just grimaced and turned to the other side, his hold on the post tightening.

‘You know what happens when I get angry right?’ I held up my hands, wiggling my fingers. His eyes widened as soon as he saw them.

‘You wouldn’t!’ He whispered through his teeth.

‘Try me hyung..’ I inched my wiggly fingers towards his sided, painfully slow. Well painfully slow for him, hahahaha. I stopped my hands just a mere fraction of a centimetre away from him and gave him the final warning,

‘You choose hyung, rollercoaster or the doom of tickling…in the middle of the street where everyone will laugh at you. And even if some don’t I would make them laugh at you. You don’t want that do you?’ I glared at him.

After a while of mental battle he finally gave up and surrendered himself to me, losing his hold on the stupid lamp.

‘Good hyung. We’re gonna have so much fun!’ I patted his shoulder as he led him to the not so long queue of the rollercoaster. I guess couples didn’t really like rollercoaster rides for their dates. Oh well, their loss is our gain. Well mine at least. Hyung looked as if he was being dragged to hell or something equally horrible. He was such a wimp! But no worries we’ll get him on track, soon, now won’t we? I bet after getting over his initial fear he’d like the ride so much that we’d get to ride it again today.

Hyung didn’t talk at all until it was our turn. He finally muttered something under his breath as we sat down on our buggy and the metal bar came down to securely restrain us on our seats. I wonder what he said, probably some obscenities thrown my way. Oh well at least I got what I wanted. I presented him with one of my all-teeth-bare grin, the ones that usually let me have my way and the ones hyung just could not resist. Well seems like it didn’t work today because hung muttered a low,

‘stupid blackmailer’ and glared at me.

‘Heard that hyung..’ I chuckled softly and scooted closer to him.

‘You were supposed to. If I die of heart attack today, I blame you…I bet you’d be ecstatic when I die, you’d finally be rid of me after all these years…just tell mum and dad that I loved them and tell your parents that I don’t blame them..’ He sighed dramatically.

‘Oh God, hyung, don’t be such a drama queen! It’s just a rollercoaster. You’ll be fine. And see I’ll be holding on to you the whole ride so it’s all gonna be fine.’ I held onto his arm tightly just to prove my point and just then the ride started moving, slowly, deceivingly.

‘ohgodohgodohgod it’s starting..’ Hyung chanted next to me shutting his eyes tightly. Just when it stopped at the very top, he opened his eyes again, probably thinking that the ride had ended or something and his eyes widened as big as dvds and before I knew it, he was screaming for his life. The ride wasn’t even moving or anything! Oh god it was so embarrassing, everyone at the back started scoffing and laughing but hyung wouldn’t stop, he just kept oon his blood-curdling screaming.

When the ride finally started moving again, dropping from the height he held my hands in a vice –like grip, hurting me a bit. Oh god he was hyperventilating by then, I felt a pang of guilt cross my mind. Maybe I shouldn’t have blackmailed him into riding this with me, he really looked scared, like really scared. Ignoring my pain and his biting fingernails I tightened my hold of him.

‘It’s gonna be okay hyung….just close your eyes..’ I shouted on top of my lungs, hoping he’d hear me over all the screams and cries.

The ride finally halted to a stop and it was time to get off but he just stayed in the same position, holding onto my arms for his dear life, shaking like a leaf. I really messed up this time. I should have listened to him when he said that he was scared of heights, pabo Taemin!

‘Hyung, it’s over already…we have to get off or they would start the ride again with us.’ I softly said, that caught his attention right away. He opened his blood shot eyes that were b with tears now and let out a small yelp.

‘N.Nn..No..n..not..ag..again…’ he shot out of the ride, flying over my sitting figure and ran. Oh God, what had I done? It wasn’t supposed to end like this, he was supposed to enjoy it and want to ride again. Not run away from me like I was Voldemort or something!

I quickly followed hyung, who only ran up until he found a bench and sat down on it, shaking more than the small paper flags around the rides. I quickly sat down next to him and pulled him in my arms. Without resisting he almost jumped in to hug me and started whispering all sorts of accusations.

‘It’s okay hyung. I didn’t know that it was so bad, if I knew I would never had made you go on the ride with me..I promise. I am so sorry hyung, see I’m really sorry.’ I pulled away from him and touched my ears to prove that I was indeed sorry.

He didn’t say anything and merely sit there, trying to slow down his breath and stop his tears from flowing. I wiped his tears away with the pads of my thumbs and without even thinking I placed a small kiss on his cheek. I stiffened as soon as my lips met his skin, a tingly feeling shooting right through me and I shot back, sitting away from him.

‘Sorry hyung…I didn’t mean to…it just…’ he stopped me halfway with a small nod.

‘It’s okay…You were just trying to calm me down right..so it’s okay.’ At least he had stopped shaking and crying. He seemed normal again.

But it wasn;t normal. It wasn;t normal at all, the way my heart was beating faster than African drums and my lips tingling in an oh-so-sweet way, it was anything but normal. What the hell was wrong with me? I have to go to the doctors like seriously!

After a while of just sitting next to each other in complete silence I was the one to break it, I turned to hyung and tried to conjure up the best smile I could and suggested,

‘Let’s eat now hyung, ne? It’ll be my treat for making you ride the roller coaster?’ I really wanted to make it up to him.

‘Fine..let’s go. I get unlimited chicken though!’  Okay so he was back to his old self again. Rolling my eyes I murmured a low, ‘Chicken maniac’ under my breath and a

‘Sure hyung, whatever!’, a bit louder, ‘As long as I am forgiven?’

‘For chicken…anything!’ He smiled and got up, pulling me up as well.

God why was I friends with such a weirdo?