Making Friends

My Boyfriend, Boyfriend

“Annyeong! I’m Kwangmin! I’m the younger twin,” Kwangmin said.

“Hello! I’m Youngmin! I’m the better looking twin,” Youngmin said.

“Ya!” Kwangmin shouted.

“I’m kidding,” Youngmin said.

“Haiiiii ~ I’m Minwoo! I’m Boyfriend’s maknae!” Minwoo said.

Inside I squealed like a little girl.

“The maknae line will be with us for the year, while Jeongmin is in the 3rd year class and Hyun Seong is in the college section of the school. Please take care of them! So, who would like to be these three’s for the day?” auntie asked.

“I do! I do! Of course I should do it, I mean no one else is going to do it right?” Mi Yun shouted, turning her head to me. “Especially not you.” She hissed.

I panicked. Hopefully she did that out of spite and not knowing that I actually love Boyfriend.

“Hmm,” auntie hummed as she scanned the room. Her eyes met with my eyes and my eyes grew large. I shook my head and mouthed NO. “How about you, ______?”

I face palmed myself.

“You’ll do it right? And when I ask you a question, I really meant it as an order,” she said happily, knowing about my Boyfriend crushing. “Kim Mi Yun, could you please move to the front and make room for these three?”

“What? Why! Can’t she move up instead and have the boys sit next to me?” Mi Yun whined.

“No. What I say goes, Mi Yun. Now move to the front,” auntie said sternly.

Mi Yun angrily mumbled to herself and moved. Kwangmin took a seat in front of me and Youngmin sat down to the right of him. Minwoo happily pranced down the aisle and sat down to the right of me.

“Annyeong ~” Minwoo said, waving his hand.

So cute…. I thought to myself.

“Hi,” I said.

“Anyeong hasaeyo~” Youngmin and Kwangmin said, turning around.

“Hi,” I said again.

“Let us introduce ourselves and talk about us a little bit,” Minwoo said. “My name is –“

“I know,” I said quickly. “I know who you are and I know a lot about you already.”

The three stared at me and I panicked.

“Um! I mean, I’ve read a lot about you. Not that I’m a big fan or anything,” I said.

What a big fat lie. I thought.

I looked to the front to see Mi Yun staring murderously at me. I covered my face.

“Then introduce yourself!” Youngmin said.

“We want to know all about you~” Kwangmin added.

“Oh, um, well,” I stuttered. “My name is Go ________. I’m seventeen. I love to sing and dance…”

I could feel Mi Yun’s glares that shot me down like daggers.

“Uh, I mean. I think singing and dancing is okay… not a big fan,” I continued. “And I’m from America. I came to this school because my aunt recommended me.”

The three looked back and forth at each other.

“Wow! You’re from America?” Minwoo asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Oh! Oh! Let me try my English,” Kwangmin ooed.

* Note: Italics are spoken English*

You ah vurry bootiful,” Kwangmin said slowly.

I chuckled. “You are very beautiful. Not bootiful.”

“Wow… she speaks such good English,” Youngmin awed.

The bell rung and it was time to go to the next class.

“Where do we go now?” Minwoo asked.

“We have free time for thirty minutes. Then we start the next class,” I replied.

Before I forgot, I quickly pulled out my cell phone and changed my ringtone from “Boyfriend” to SHINee’s “Hello Hello”.