Cruel fate

Fated

 

 
Taecyeon P.O.V
 
I walked into the office, greeted by the low whispers from the gossiping employees. I raised an eyebrow, clearly curious about what had gotten them so excited. As I walked towards my office, I tried to listen in to the loud murmurs. Who knows, maybe I'll tune it to something interesting.
 
 
" She's hot.., ".
 
 
" Who is she? ".
 
 
" Heard she's the presidents new secretary,".
 
 
" Bet the president will be as cold towards her as he was with the other hot babes,". 
 
 
" Do you think I'll stand a chance with this new one? ".
 
 
" Fat hope,".
 
 
These comments registered through my mind. My new secretary? That was fast. Seems like dad desperately wants to lighten my burden. How long will this one last? Not very long I guess, seeing the habit I have of piling my secretaries with work. As I neared my office, I could make out two large figures beside a fidgeting small one behind the frosted glass. Who are those two figures? I'm guessing the small one is my secretary.
 
 
I pushed open the door. A small, rather petite back view greeted me. The girl turned around, and my heart stopped.
 
 
She just stared at me, realisation hitting her a second later. She gasped. I just stood there, my teeth clenched tight. I ran my eyes down her face. Her sweet delicate nose, her lips lined with a tinge of pink lipgloss, Her hair, black with blonde highlights flowed effortlessly down her shoulders. But the moment I met her eyes, I felt a stab of pain in my heart. Anger and sadness both came crashing on me like vibrant waves. Those chestnut brown eyes, never failed to get my heart beating faster but for once, they brought pain instead of happiness. Those eyes blinked and in them, I saw a sort of hatred. It burned furiously back at me. 
 
 
Surprised as I was to see such hatred from those eyes for the very first time, I ignored it and walked towards my chair. 
 
 
" What are you doing here, Tiffany Hwang,"  I asked as I looked through my documents, not bothering to look at her. But why does it hurt when I don't meet those soulful pair of eyes? 
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
I couldn't believe my eyes. Ok Taecyeon. The last guy on earth I wanted to see, nonetheless, is my new boss. A rush of emotions overwhelmed my being, sadness, anger and hatred. It hurt so bad, just to see the guy that left me, all alone, hurt and weak. I'll never forgive him for everything he had done, he has no idea what I've been though just to get over him. Drugs, partying, alcohol, even sleeping pills. Why? Cause every time I closed my eyes, his face appears in my mind, haunting me.
 
 
He walked arrogantly to his chair. " What are you doing here, Tiffany Hwang," he asked not even making eye contact. 
 
 
My anger flared. How dare he! I stepped forward, only to be stopped by my own bodyguards. I flung their protective arms away, but didn't advance any further. 
 
 
" Well. I don't have all day, if you can see I'm busy. State your business and leave,". he said coldly, once again refusing eye contact. Why are you not looking up Taecyeon?
 
 
I glared at him. " I didn't ask to be here Mister I-don't-have-all-day. Apparently, I'm your new secretary. But you know what? Seeing that you're my boss, I'm outta here,".
 
 
I turned to leave, only to be stopped by the sound of smirking. " Are you afraid to accept the Job, Hwang? ". 
 
 
I whipped my head around, eyes burning in anger. " No way. I just don't want to be involved with you in any way. We ended years ago," the last sentence burned at the back of my mind.
 
 
He looked up, humour in his eyes. " So you ARE a coward,". 
 
 
I rushed forward and banged a hand on his table. " I am not! And just to prove that fact, I'm taking this job," the words escaped my mouth before it registered through my mind. Oh holy mother of God what did I just signed up for.
 
 
" Great. Your table is right there, right outside my door," he stated, returning his attention back to his work. " And I want a cup of coffee, Hwang. Make it quick,".
 
 
I groaned inwardly. What was I thinking?!? I headed to the pantry and grabbed a packet of coffee. I excused my guards, and they headed down to wait for me to get off work. Should have ordered them to punch the front teeth out of that idiot in the room.
 
 
As I made the coffee, I silently cursed the guy in the room. But as I replayed the events that happened a few minutes ago, I paused.
 
 
He sure hasn't changed. The same light brown hair, only now it's highlighted blonde in the front and sides. The same dark brown eyes, the same smirk, the same voice, the same face. How can I still be attracted to him after what he did to me? Is that even possible? Is fate playing a trick on me?  Of all people, why must HE be my boss?
 
 
Sry for not updating for so long. Missed me? Hope you like this update! Comment and subscribe! People from my school who are reading this, Comment lots! Put your name in too kays! ^_^