Lingering feelings

Fated

 

 
 
( For the best reading experience please listen to this while reading! This is Tiffany's Ring.)
 
Wooyoung P.O.V
 
" Don't go, " that quiet voice filled my ears. As the hand around my wrist tightened, flashes of memories rushed through my mind. Our past, our dates, our love but those memories slowly went forward into the present. All I saw was a girl smiling brightly, her face radiant, glowing under the sun. Her hand in mine was warm. I recalled her first gift, our first kiss. Every time her image went through my mind, my heart clenched, beating faster than it has ever beaten. She made me feel more alive than I had ever felt. Nicole, I won't lose her. Taeyeon was a past, she is my future. 
 
 
I gripped the small hand around my wrist and gently pried it open. Her eyes stared at my working hand, watering. When she looked up, it wasn't all anger. It was sadness, disappointment and the most comforting of all, understanding. Her onyx eyes glistened with fresh tears as they overflowed, streaking down her white cheeks, momentarily marring her perfect features.
 
 
" Taeyeon arh, 미안해 ( I'm sorry ),  " I whispered out, letting her hand fall back by her side. My heart cracked as more tears spilled from those beautiful eyes. Her lips slowly turned upwards into a sad smile. Her right hand rose and caressed my cheek. I stiffened at the contact. It felt familiar and heartwarming but it no longer had the same effect it had on me 8 years ago.
 
 
" You really have grown up, Wooyoung arh, " more tears fell, the sky darkened as it started drizzling. " I think, I can finally be assured that you can do well, " her hand dropped back to her side as a sudden flash of lighting lit up the night sky. Her now wet hair matted to the side of her face, her eyes glowing in the night. She looked frail, but that smile on her face showed determination and courage. Taeyeon, I think I can finally let you go as well. You have changed so much. 
 
 
I pulled her into a hug, my arms tightly around her. " Forgive me, Taeyeon arh. Believe me when I say, 8 years ago, my heart was yours and only yours, " I spoke into her ear, my hands sweeping her hair from her face. She nodded, smiling, tears streaming down her face. I released her, my hands holding hers. 
 
 
She looked at me, smiling. " 잘지내 ( Jal Jinae, Take care)," she said as the rain grew heavier. Her features seemed even more beautiful under the pouring rain. She mentioned the same words 8 years ago in a letter on a same stormy day. At that time, I felt like my entire world had came crashing down, my life was meaningless to me. But now, hearing those words from once more, I felt a sense of comfort, a reassurance. She was letting me go. Just for saying those 3 words, I thank her. I may no longer love her as much as a certain someone, but she will always have a place in my heart. I smiled at her. "  알았어 ( Understood )," I said, my hands finally letting go of hers. I'm gonna miss her. She laughed before giving me a slight push. 
 
 
" Now go, go chase your future, " she said, before waving me away. She walked into the rain, the darkness. Her back slowly disappearing from my view. Thank you, Kim Taeyeon. Thank you for being my first love, my pillar in my younger days. Without you, there wouldn't be the Jang Wooyoung today. I thank you for giving up your love for me, for my future. I will always remember you. Kim Taeyeon, 잘지내 ( Jal Jinae, Take care). 
 
 
With that thought in mind, I ran into the rain, chasing after the girl that had now stolen my heart. Jung Nicole, wait for me, I'm gonna make you mine.
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
Well, this is awkward. The main characters of the love triangle had left, leaving me, Taecyeon, Nichkhun and that annoying Sunye staring at each other not speaking a word. I poke my food, bored and irritated by the scene before me. Sunye fed Taecyeon a piece of meat before eating one piece herself. It made me want to barf, my hand unconsciously clenching the wine glass. My eyes radiated anger as my knuckles turned white. I stared at my food, refusing to look up at the 'couple' before me. 
 
 
I was oblivious of the shuffling noises behind me. I stiffened in shock. A hand was now on my shoulders. I turned around only to be greeted by a pair of chocolate brown eyes. Before I could process this information, he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. In a matter of seconds, I was in his car, driving across the highway.
 
 
I turned to the man driving, eyes flashing in anger. He didn't react to my glares, only staring straight ahead. 
 
 
" You don't have to glare at me, Hwang, " he finally spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. " I just needed a breather and decided to pull you along with me. After all, " he paused for a second before continuing. " You are my secretary,".
 
 
My eyes widened at his statement. So let me get this straight. He pulled me out of that nice and cozy restaurant just because he needed a breather and I was his secretary. Great answer Okhead! You just won yourself a nice present, HellFany. 
 
 
" What the f*** do you think you're doing?! Who the f*** do you think you are?! Do I need to mention the fact that this is after office hours and you and I have nothing to do with each other?! " I screamed at him, barely able to stop myself from straggling him now and then. How dare he drag me out and take me to the middle of nowhere! What the heck does he think he is doing? I am not some puppet for him to order here and there. I have a life too! 
 
 
The sudden screeching of wheels were heard as the car skidded to a stop. My ranting didn't falter. My voice by now was up by a notch, my throat slightly hurting. Taecyeon now too turned towards me, arguing back. His voice low and strong, his words menacing. The entire car was filled with our screams and shouts. With each sentence that was spat out, we both got angrier. 
 
 
Our gestures grew more intense, hands flailing, middle fingers erupting. Our glares could easily burn through a hole in the wall. But as we fought, I caught myself by surprise. His features were all I could ever hope for. The fact that I even notice this during our fight was something to be commendable. My mind made its own decision. Before I knew what I was doing, I was already leaning in.
 
 
Our lips met in the middle. I never felt more alive then I did then. My lips were moving in sync to his, never missing a beat. He bit down on my bottom lip, causing me to gasp, giving him the chance to invade my mouth with his wet muscle. A simple kiss turned into a hot make out session with our tongues tangling, fighting for dominance. And as much as I can lie to myself, I must admit, I do miss this. His touch, his warmth, his kiss. Not having total control over my body, my arms s around his neck, pulling him in, deepening the kiss. His hands slowly wrapped themselves around my waist, pulling him closer to me. Our kiss grew sloppy, his mouth devouring mine. It was wild yet intense and sweet. Somewhere in that kiss, I could feel that he still likes me. 
 
 
We finally released each other for air. But the moment our eyes made contact, we both jumped back. His eyes though still lustful were now confused. What the hell did I just do?!? I can't believe I just kissed him. No way. Correction, I didn't just kiss him, I literally made out with him. 
 
 
" Erm... That... was just to shut you up. Nothing more, " I managed to stammer, my face still flushed from the crazy session. 
 
 
" Yeah... Whatever.... I ... didn't push you away... because you were too noisy, " he said, while starting the car and driving off at top speed. 
 
 
I rolled my eyes at the excuse. Ok Taecyeon, you were truly enjoying that session, you can lie all you want but you're ears don't lie. His ears were in a light tint of red, his telltale sign when he's well, enjoying. Driving off into the night, my head were filled with new found determination. If you, Taecyeon, is willing to come back into my arms, I'll probably take care of you forever. 
 
 
( Back at the restaurant )
 
Nichkhun and Sunye were just staring at their food, bored. Nichkhun finaly couldn't take the silence any longer. " So... What do you like to do?" 
 
 
His question was answered by a roll of eyes and a raising of hand. " Waiter! Bill!" Sunye called out before grabbing her things and stomping out of the restaurant. Great, that's what I get for trying to strike a conversation, Nichkhun thought as he paid for the meal that day.
 
 
Hey! Sorry for late update! Thanks for all you're support my readers! Subscribe, vote and comment!