Kim Taeyeon

Fated

 

 
Wooyoung P.O.V
 
" 김태연 ( Kim Taeyeon ) " I barely made out, my voice slightly louder then a whisper. The arms around my neck slackened. The girl dropped to her feet, her arms still hanging loosely around my neck. I didn't remove them. I missed this warmth. I stared at her light brown orbs. How long has it been? A long time.... I missed those eyes. She smiled, her perfect teeth showing. 
 
 
She hugged me again, tighter this time. I heard a low growl from Nicole but I didn't have the strength or conscious to explain to her or to stop those arms I missed from wrapping them around my neck. 
 
 
" 보고 싶다 (bogo shipda- I missed you), Jang Wooyoung...." She said as she released me. Her voice was music to my ears, I missed her. I really missed her. She... She left me all of a sudden. Reality came crashing in. My grip on her shoulders tightened. I stared at her, hurt and sadness shone through my eyes.
 
 
" Why?" I asked, my voice raspy. She stared back, her eyes never blinking. I heard a loud gasp as she leaned forward and our lips met. I was momentarily shocked, not pushing her back. It happened in less than a few seconds, her lips on mine, electricity rushing through my body, pounding through my heart, my soul. Our past flashed through my mind as she kissed me. Her lips soft, once mine. 
 
 
She pulled back and stared into my eyes, my soul. " Because I decided to be selfish. Because I couldn't stay away any longer. Because you are my other half, because I love you," those lines escaped , filling my ears. Those three words, I used to say them every day, to her. But she never once was she able to say it to me. Now, I'm finally hearing those words but I don't know what to say, what to feel. My mind was split in half, my relational self was chiding me for allowing her to kiss me, for betraying Nicole, my irrational self wanted more, wanted her back. 
 
 
I heard a loud. ' AHEM ' . I turned, only to be greeted by HellFany, a speechless Taecyeon and a really really quiet Nicole. My eyes lingered at the last figure, my hand instinctively reaching forward, wanting to comfort her, to tell her that was nothing but I stopped myself. Me myself didn't know what to do. I don't trust myself not to hurt her. I retook my seat, Taeyeon proceeded for the seat opposite mine. 
 
 
We sat there, the silence glomming over us. My eyes never once left the person opposite me. She stared back, her eyes gentle. My heart skipped a beat. Those eyes were the first thing I fell in love with. Next, her voice. Oh... That beautiful voice that rings through your head the moment you hear it. It was a gift from God, a voice of an angel. But the owner of it, is the curse and origin of my damn denial right now....
 
 
*Flashback* 
 
I was 15 when I saw her. She was new. The moment I saw her face, my heart stopped. Her black hair was shoulder length, her laugh cute, the twinkle in her eyes mischievous, happy. Then, she smiled. My world lit up in various colours. It was perfect, from her straight white teeth to the small dimple at her bottom left chin. It was love at first sight. 
 
 
Being a guy still going through the awful process of puberty, I didn't really had the courage to approach the girl. She was very popular among the guys but I never heard her date anyone. Why would she accept me when she rejected everyone else? I continued my silent crush, at times following her home, just to make sure she's safe. Never did I realise that she knew about my little 'expeditions'. 
 
 
She approached me one day. I never felt more surprised. Being such proximity to perfection, I was speechless. As cheesy as it sounds, she was even more beautiful up close. I managed to stammer out a ' How can I help you'. My voice shaky and quaking in excitement and nervousness. She laughed at my plight, before leaning in. In front of all her suitors and my friends, she whispered. " Be my boyfriend? " her voice sent shivers down my spine. 
 
 
I literally stoned in my seat, not able to move at all. My heart thumping, my mind slow to process the words she just said. Boyfriend? Me? A half of me wanted to jump up and down in delight, the other didn't believe a thing that was happening. Seeing my emotionless state, she frowned. She was about to turn and leave when my hand reached out,  I innocently stared into her eyes. 
 
 
" Did you mean it? " I asked, hoping and praying she said yes. 
 
 
She just smiled, not answering. I tightened my grip on her wrist and sat there shaking in anticipation and hope. The next thing I knew, gasps were heard and she had her lips on mine. It was the most wonderful thing I ever felt. It felt like I was flying. I wished it was a dream where I'll never wake up. 
 
 
She released me and stared deeply into my eyes. " Does that answer your question? " she asked, her voice barely audible. I was not aware of my movements but my head nodded before claiming her lips once again. She responded eagerly, nibbling on my lower lip. I her lips, asking for entrance which she willingly gave. Our tongues tangled. My mind was in a whirl, I loved the sensation of her lips on mine. She was like a missing puzzle piece in my heart. I was never happier. 
 
 
We were a happy couple, Taeyeon being the more expressive one. She was my happiness, my life. I loved her. From the moment she made the first move to our first date, she was the one leading in this relationship. But Taeyeon was bipolar. She had anger issues and a little depression. It never effected the love I had for her though. Even if she scolded or hit me for no reason at all, I still loved her. But it all came crashing down one day. 
 
 
I went to her house to see her but after numerous knocks on the door, there was no answer. I tried turning the knob and to my surprise the door swung opened. I quickly rushed in, anxiety filled my mind. I saw her half opened room door and sprinted into it, praying swiftly that everything was all right. 
 
 
I was greeted by something I never ever wanted to see ever again in my life. The scenes still haunted me now. Blood soaked the sheets. Taeyeon pale and lifeless on the mattress. My knees buckled, my heart stopped as I rushed to her side, my other hand already on my phone, punching in the dreaded three numbers. My mouth spoke words even I wasn't aware of into the mouthpiece. I barely knew what I was doing. My rational mind only caught words that were scary, even horrible. Slit her wrists, raspy breathing, lifeless face, not moving. 
 
 
The doctor said if it was a few minutes later, Taeyeon would already have been too far gone. It was pure luck she was still alive. For that, I was relived. I spent my days by her bedside in the hospital, skipping school, tests and everything else. My life literally came to a standstill where nothing else mattered but her. My grades dropped, my parents gave up on me, I gave up on life. 
 
 
Taeyeon gain consciousness after a week. It was only then, did my life have purpose again. She encourage dme to go back to school, saying she was fine but I didn't heed her advice. I continued to visit her at the hospital. She never told me the reason for her sudden attempted suicide and I didn't pry into it. Everyday I visited her, accompanied her. Everyday she told me the same thing. She was fine and I should concentrate on my studies for a brighter, better future. She could tell that I didn't listen, merely nodding for the sake of it. I was in my last year in middle school, the most important year. But i couldn't care less about it. I couldn't allow myself to leave Taeyeon alone, just in case something like this happened again. For I know, The Lord doesn't give second chances. 
 
 
That night, I slept at the hospital by her bed. Little did I know, Taeyeon woke up. She looked at my face, only whispering a soft, Sorry before packing her bags and left. The next morning, I was left with a letter and pamphlet of a High school. 
 
 
Jang Wooyoung,
 
 It's tiring isn't it? To look after a sick person. It's been hard on you, you should have listened to me. About you going to school. I'm holding you back and you know it. Don't try lie to yourself. The pamphlet is for you. Aim to go to that school and do well. Don't let me hold you back any longer cause I won't allow it. I'm should already be on the way to America by the time you read finish this letter. Wooyoung do well! 난널 사랑해,아라? ( I love you, you know that right?) Wooyoung arh, lets break up.... Move on. 잘지내 ( Jal Jinae, Take care)
 
Kim Taeyeon
  
* End of Flashback *
 
Taeyeon sat opposite me, not moving. I spoke first.
 
 
" What do you want?" I asked, my voice cold. I saw Taeyeon flinch at the sound of my cold emotionless voice. She looked at her thighs not daring to meet my eyes. I asked again. " Why are back? " I really wanted to ask.. Why me? Why torture me again? Wasn't once enough? 
 
 
She didn't look up, as she fiddled with her fingers. " I... I don't know. I regretted. For letting you go... But I didn't want you to suffer because of me," a tear fell on to her lap. " I didn't want you to hate me for holding you back... " another tear fell. My cold facade started to crack. But her last sentence shattered the glass wall between me and her. " I didn't want you to see me die again," she looked into my eyes as she said those words, her eyes glistening with tears. 
 
 
My heart lurched. I wasn't even aware of the sliding of chairs and the shuffling of feet leaving the restaurant. My eyes were fixed on the girl in front of me. Only when Tiffany nudge me did I react. I turned to my side only to find an empty sit. Nicole... I pushed myself off the chair with a hasty excuse me. 
 
 
But when I got outside, a car zoomed past, leaving me in dust. I was about to chase the speeding car when a firm hand grabbed on to my wrist. I turned to see Taeyeon holding my wrist. 
 
 
" Don't go? " she asked, her voice softer than the winds.  
 
 
Hey people! I typed this out just today! I hope you guys like it. This is dedicated to my friend and reader Kah Ling!!! Gal you must be happy! Lolz.
 
But I kinda have a problem. I don't know whether or not I should continue with Woocole or Wooyeon. Vote through the comments? Please give me some tips to improve in your comments too! You're comments are my strength! Subscribe and vote if you like!