Blind date and the president

Fated

 

Taecyeon P.O.V
 
" Sir, I'm the chauffeur assigned to you. We will be heading to the office immediately. I will be bringing your luggage to the mansion. Do you have any prior requests?".
 
 
I shook my head as I passed my luggage over and walked towards the car. My driver scrambled to get the keys, frantically opening the door. I walked forward and entered the car. If only you could see me now. You would'nt have to worry about me any more. I fiddled with the necklace on my neck, the exact replica of the one I threw back in her face, on the last day every saw her. I haven't forgiven you but I just can't forget you, your smile, your voice your touch. My hand clenched over the ring dangling from the silver chain. Do I still love you? You're here, in the country I'm in now. Will I ever see you again? Do I want to see you? I don't know the answers to all these questions running through my head but as we drove through Seoul, I thought to myself. "It's great to finally be home,".
 
 
" I heard the President's son is coming over from Singapore! Have you seen that GORGEROUS face? He is to die for! ".
 
 
" But was'nt there rumours about his cold and arrogant attitude? People say that he was harsh and strict too, " .
 
 
" Maybe, but he looks so cool, I won't give a damn about those rumours. Did you see the clothes he modelled for the company? He is freaking charming!".
 
 
" Well, he is. Why do you think he was included into the top ten handsome new heirs rankings this year? " .
 
 
The gossips started as soon as news of my arrival spread through out the entire office. I was sent to Korea to take charge of the Korea office. This was my first time taking charge of an office without the supervision of my father. I sure don't want to disappoint. I'm gonna prove to you I can make it. Watch me. I'm one day going to show you I'm just as good as any other rich bastard. I held my head up high as I entered the office with proud strides, flanked by two body guards. A man in a suit approached me, and bowed. I nodded my head in return. 
 
 
" I'm the general manager. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Ok. I'll be showing you around, " .
 
 
I just nodded, noticing the scattered bunch of female staff staring at me. I ignored them and headed towards the elevators, leaving them gossiping behind my back. It seemed all to familliar, your back disappearing behind the airport doors. Saddness washed over my entire being. This is what you have made me into, beacuse of you, I don't think I can ever love again. I thought silently as the elevator doors closed.
 
 
Tiffany P.O.V
 
" Miss Tiffany please hurry. Your father is waiting for you at H grande Hotel, " My head butler reminded. 
 
 
" Sheesh... Arasoyo. Why did dad even arranged to meet outside in the first place, " I sighed as my maids came in to help me dress up. " Oh, and Thomas I'll drive today, prepare the car, " .
 
 
" Which car will you be taking Miss Tiffany? " he asked slightly amused. I'm sure he hardly sees me driving myself. I'm usually way too lazy. But I was in a good mood today... 
 
 
" The white Mercedes convertible. My favourite ride," I managed to say as I hastily put on some earrings. My hair was in a mess, I wasn't ready, my things are no where to be found. Damn I hate going out of my mansion.
 
 
" Understood, Agasshi," he bowed then left. I was left fiddling with the numerous drawers of accessories. Where the hell is that damn necklace? I ran my fingers through the countless sparkling jewellery, finally stopping at a small locked box. Opening it with care and precision, I pulled out a silver chain, decorated with just two simple rings. I fastened it tightly around my neck, before pulling out the rubber band from my hair, letting my highlighted blonde black locks fall naturally.  
 
 
" Agasshi, you look beautiful today, " my maids complemented. 
 
 
I smiled. " Kamsahamnida. Time to go, " . 
 
 
I rushed out of my room and headed towards the main lobby. As I walk through the lobby, butlers and maids stood in a line, greeting me as I passed. It never ceased to amaze me how they can all bow at that exact same time without a signal or any sort. My mouth pulled into a smile. Today is going to be a great day, or so I thought.
 
 
" The car key, Agasshi," he bowed, passing me my keys. 
 
 
I smiled in thanks, hopping into the car and driving off. 
 
 
( H Grande Hotel ) 
 
I passed my keys to the Valet driver, and entered the hotel, greeted by my Father's Head guard, Leonard. 
 
 
" Miss Tiffany, the CEO is in the VIP dining room," he greeted me with a bow, before leading me towards the room.
 
 
I just nodded. As I walked, people stared, mumuring. They must have recongnised me. Well, I did model for some of my companies' commercials, but I have a feeling that they know who I am. Nothing big. Just one of the top ten youngest and richest heiresses in the world. That itself is both a blessing and an eternal torture. Constant spotlight, never ending pucker ups, not forgetting the countless of boring and stupid formal dinners. But something was nagging at the back of my mind since I was told to come to the hotel. I turned towards Leo, and asked. 
 
" Why did my dad arrange to eat here with me? " .
 
 
He just smiled and opened the double doors. 
 
 
Before i could say anything or even blink, I was siting opposite a young man, aged around 20. ( I'm 20 ) He wore a suit and had defined features. Light Brown eyes and brown hair. His bad boy looks were intriguing. He had a nice wide smile that seem to have broken many hearts. Beside him was his parents, apparently the owners of Khun cooperation, a large Thai oil company. Sighing, my eyes darted across the table, meeting vibrant smiles from both parents.
 
 
As my dad and his parents engaged in an ' interesting ' talk, I silently cursed myself for being this stupid, for actually coming here at all. A Harvard graduate, business man daughter, heiress to over billions of dollars actually got tricked into coming for a damn blind date. this date, not saying that he isn't cute, but like come on. Am I really that lacking? Like dead ole Father, I can find my own date, thank you very much. I don't need your big nose poking into my love life.
 
 
" So how do you find our son? " his mother suddenly asked. 
 
 
I faked a smile. " Just my type, " I didn't want to seem rude or anything. I mean the guy is drop dead gorgeous but I just can't take the fact that my Dad treated my wedding like some business deal. 
 
 
The young dude also seemed uncomfortable in the situation. Was he forced too? Well isn't that interesting. Why must both our parents do this? It's not like either of us are ugly or anything. These old fashion dumbos should take a lesson or two on giving their children freedom. I smirked, coming up with a mischievous and very entertaining plan.
 
 
" Erm Mr and Mrs Khun, I don't want to seem rude, but I'm sure you must have checked up on the rumours about me right? ".  
 
 
They seemed surprised, but quickly hid it by answering. " Oh, my dear, why would we believe in such lies? ".
 
 
I smiled back. " Well, because they weren't really true...". 
 
 
They nodded to reassure me. I looked towards my father and gave him a sly smile. Action!
 
 
" I'm actually much worse than that...." .
 
 
They gasped. I almost sniggered, looking at their faces of disbelief. My father was expecting something like this. " Tiffany.... what are you saying?".
 
 
" Well, you know they said I was with Brad Pitt in a bar in Paris right? Actually it was not only Brad Pitt but also Ashton Kutcher,".
 
 
They just looked at me with wide eyes. I smiled to myself, not waiting for a response, I continued. 
 
 
" And they said I cohabited with men in London right? Well, it wasn't only in London but in Rome and California too,". 
 
 
My father just shook his head, clearly quite pissed but as I looked down, I saw an amused smile on his face. I slumped in relief. At least he knows what I said wasn't true. I returned my attention to the Khuns. 
 
 
" But I'm sure you won't care about my character as your son isn't marrying Tiffany but Tiffany Hwang, heir to Hwang Croporation right? " I cocked my head to the side, blinking innocently at the very astonished duo.
 
 
" Just don't arrange the engagement on the 20th please. I have a Gucci exhibition to attend. If nothing else, please excuse me,". 
 
 
I got up and made my way to the double doors. The doorman stood as he was, refusing to open the doors. I gave him the ' you-better-open-those-doors-or-else-your-fired ' look. He gulped and hesitated for a moment before reluntantly swing both doors open. I stomped out. As I walked out, I could hear the Khuns complaining in shock about my behaviour. My dad didn't bother explaining and just sat there eating his food. I guess he got the hint. 
 
 
As I waited for my car, I heard somebody calling my name. 
 
 
" Tiffany-sshi! " I whipped my head around and came face to face with a Thai prince. The young man smiled at me and extended his hand. 
 
 
" My name's Nickhun. Thanks for getting me out of there," I gave my famous eye smile. 
 
 
" No problem. I hate it when my dad does that. My name's Tiffany Hwang," I shook his hand. It was warm and smooth. Clearly this guy has not touched water in his entire life. 
 
 
" Friends? Hope we can meet again soon," he smiled kindly. Seriously, the guy has to stop smiling, it's blinding me. But then again, who wouldn't want such a handsome young prince smiling cutely at you?
 
 
I nodded and smiled again, my eyes curving into crescents. Just then, my car arrived. 
 
 
" Nice ride," he stared at the car. 
 
 
" Thanks. It's my favourite. Gotta go," I jumped in, waved and drove away. 
 
 
As drove though the beautiful city, my mind was brought back to Nickhun. He reminded me of someone. Those eyes, brown eyes, which were a little on the light side. But most improtantly his smile, so bright. I felt my heart twinged as the memory of one man flowed into my mind. Ok Taecyeon. Tears started to form as sad memories rushed back. Involuntarily, my left hand fell on the necklace on my neck. I the two rings hanging from it. He threw it in my face on the last day I saw him. A single tear ran down my cheek.
 
 
I miss you, Taecyeon. I hate you but I miss you.
 
 
 
Hi heres my first chapter. Pls subscribe and comment! Your comments mean a lot to me.