nine ;

Lavender

 

|009|

 

 

 

 

Sometimes fate brings two people together by causing one to misinterpret a smile.

 

~ Robert Brault

 

 

<<>>

 

 

“Huh, it’s you?” Her eyes widened as much as mine, or more so, when she saw me.

 

I forced a fake smile and chuckled awkwardly, as I scratched my head. “I guess, it’s me?”

 

Changsub then looked at both of us, with a perplexed expression spread all over his face.

 

“So, you guys know each other?”

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

For the first ten minutes, Bomi explained to Changsub on how we both met in Busan, and on how we both shared a taxi, and I only nodded, agreeing to whatever she was saying. Changsub had a hearty laugh, when he learnt about Bomi's clumsiness and told me how Bomi is an absent-minded person, sometimes.

 

Then, the conversations were sort of awkward? At least, it felt that way to me. I have this habit of not liking to tag along with couples, just because – you know, it would be awkward for you to be the third wheel and to watch them getting all lovey dovey, in front of your very eyes.

 

And that was exactly how I felt when I was around Changsub and Bomi.

 

Awkward, awkward and awkward.

 

I couldn’t really focus on the food on my plate either, although I kept on putting every single bite of it to my mouth – just because I couldn’t find proper words or topics to talk about.

 

I laughed when they both laughed, and I giggled when I just felt like giggling.

 

The superior life of a dateless person. Funny.

 

But I’ve learnt a few things. That Changsub became much giddier when he was with her; he used a lot of his annoying aegyos to make her laugh too (which I really, really dislike and I would tell Changsub to stop doing it) and they really did look alike – at least in my eyes. Like how when they laughed, their eyes would crinkle and disappear, like how their talkative personality was kind of annoying at times and I bet, some strangers might even think that they were siblings instead, of lovers.

 

And there was another thing – they have been together for almost two years.

 

That fact, Changsub never told me.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

Bomi and I didn't get much time to talk, either. There were a couple of times our eyes would accidentally met, and I would quickly dart it away to Changsub who was talking, and there was even once when her hands grazed a little towards mine, when she was trying to pull the napkin away. I pretended nothing happened, and resumed with our conversation, although truth to be told, my heart had might stopped beating - at that very moment.

 

It was only when Changsub had excused himself to the restroom, that Bomi and I had actually some little time to talk to each other.

 

“So, you’re the Hoya, who Changsub oppa talks about quite often.” She blurted out, tugging her hair behind her left air.

 

“Yeap, I am that Hoya.”

 

“That Hoya who loves playing with monkey bars and one who jumps off a bridge-”

 

“And had my saved by Changsub.”

 

She laughed at that, and I can’t help but to curve my lips into a smile too. Bomi had a very distinct kind of laugh. One that you would remember, even if you only heard it once.

 

She then rested her crossed arms on the table, before continued, “I did a lot of stupid things when I was younger too.”

 

“Really?” I furrowed my eyebrow.

 

“I used to steal some of my aunt’s savings for some extra ice-creams and snacks.”

 

I narrowed my eyes. “Does your aunt know about that?”

 

“Nahh, I don’t think she even counts her savings up until now.”

 

I chuckled at that. I guessed Yoon Bomi - is really something.

 

Our conversations were short, and when Changsub came back from the restroom, I only sat quietly again. 

 

 

 

<<>>

 

 

It was almost half past six in the evening when we finally wrapped up the little meeting we had at that fancy restaurant. Since I had an interview to attend tomorrow, I decided to cut the day short – although Changsub actually had proposed for the three of us to go for a bowling match together, later that night.

 

“You sure you don’t want to follow?” Changsub asked once more, when he dropped me off in front of the hotel I stayed.

 

I shook my head. “Nahh, I need to revise my speech.”

 

“Okay then. Call me if you need anything alright.”

 

He gave me a hug, before he stepped back into his car.

 

I tilted my head a little, to look at Bomi who sat beside Changsub, in the front passenger's seat. She was mostly quiet during the drive, I guessed she got worn out - after working a whole day at her flower shop. So, I only waved and smiled lightly at her. 

 

I was about to cross the street, when I heard her voice calling me.

 

“Hoya-oppa? Good luck for your interview tomorrow! Hwaiting!”

 

For the very first time, I didn’t mind someone calling me Hoya, even if – we were not that close, yet

 

 

 

 


eternalove5: you already know who hahaha XD

pinkiepromise: d'aww thank you <3 /hugs/

CisumAmethyst: i used to dislike tagging along my mom too when i was younger, but these days, I actually learnt to appreciate those littlest things :)

dinobunny: hoya is a sweet, sweet boy :)