seven ;

Lavender

 

|007|

 

 

 

 

Journey.

 

The act of travelling from one place to another.

 

I never knew that my short trip to Seoul would be the beginning of everything.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

I reached Seoul after almost an hour of flight from Busan. It was my first time in Seoul, and my first time breathing the air of the place. As soon as I stepped out from the airplane, and walked down the air-stairs, I stretched myself, and clasped my neck. Though, it wasn’t really a long flight, but it was definitely a little tiring having to sit the entire time.

 

Changsub told me that he wasn’t going to be able to fetch me, since he had a sudden appointment with one of his dental patients. Yes, Changsub is a dentist. It had always been his dreams to become a dentist and the fact that he achieved his dreams, made me proud as his friend.

 

I walked towards the arrival hall and saw a lot of unknown faces. Some travelled with their family; others looked as alone as I was and some were grouped together according to their travelling agency.

 

I stood alone, shoving both of my hands into my pocket, while waiting for my luggage at the airport baggage area. Once the baggage claimed machine started to move, I darted my eyes around to look for my luggage. I had purposely chosen a purple luggage, so that it stood out more from the rest, and it would be much easier for me to spot it.

 

While waiting for my luggage, a girl in front of me was struggling to take her luggage from the moving machine, and seeing how the luggage looked heavy and big, I extended my hand to help her, instead.

 

The girl had a short hair, and when she smiled, her eyes crinkled at the sides. She had pretty eye smiles.

 

“Thank you.” She said, simply to me.

 

“No problem.”

 

“Is this your first time at Seoul?”

 

“Ahh, yes. Is this your first time too?”

 

“Yeap. Everything is a bit confusing for a first-timer.” She added with a sigh.

 

I smiled lightly at that. She gave me a vibe as if she is a Korean from a foreign country, especially from her accent.

 

“By the way, thanks again. I have to go now. I think my taxi driver is waiting.”

 

“Sure. Have a nice day.”

 

I waved her goodbye, as I watched her figure diminished into a retreating sight in between the crowds.

 

So far, Seoul gave me a good impression.

 

 

 

<<>>

 

 

I plopped myself onto the bed as soon as I reached the hotel’s room. Changsub had offered me to stay at his parents’ home, but I didn’t want to trouble them. Besides, I wasn’t sure myself for how long would I be staying here.

 

I fished out my wallet from my back pocket. My lips curled upwards as soon as I saw my mother’s picture when I opened the wallet. You see, I have always kept my mom’s picture with me. Just seeing her smiling face, gave me all the comfort that I needed.

 

I took out a few receipts, when I realized a card fell onto my chest.

 

Yoon Bomi

Lavender Florist, Seoul.

Tel: 1-500-500-005

 

I almost forgot about that.

 

Perhaps boredom got into me; but I made a random decision to pay the girl a visit.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

The flower shop wasn’t exactly what I’ve had pictured in my mind. For a rather small shop, the business seemed to be doing well – as I could see a bunch of customers wavered here and there, inhaling the scent of flowers being neatly organized in their respective pots.

 

I stepped into the shop, and you can say that I was mesmerized with its beautiful interior. The all-wooden flower shop looked especially homey with all the floral designs. I was impressed.

 

I scanned around the unfamiliar faces of my surroundings; most of them were females, perhaps in their early 30s, and some I guessed, in their late 40s. Mom used to tell me that ladies around her age, loved flower the most because it gave them tranquillity. I could definitely understand why. Flowers are pretty, and the meanings behind them – gave it a much better meaning.

 

I don’t know how cheesy this sounds but I think I saw the prettiest flower ever, that day.

 

When I turned to my right, I think I saw her. She was right across the shop, arranging some fresh-looking flowers in a glass vase. She had her hair tossed to the side, and watching her being too engrossed with her job was somehow heart fluttering.

 

This quiet and gentle side of her was definitely much, much better than what I’ve seen a few days ago in Busan.

 

Contemplating on whether to approach her or not, I got myself a little fidgety when I thought I saw her looking at me. I quickly turned my back around and pretended to observe the flowers on my side.

 

I think I sneaked a few glances at her, from time to time.

 

Have I been smitten?