six ;

Lavender

 

|006|

 

 

 

 

Go big or go home.

 

That is what my Taekwondo coach always tells me.

 

Remember when I told you about my dream?

 

My dream is to build a comfortable home for my mom.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

I decided to take my mom for a walk on Sunday, before my short trip to Seoul on Monday for the interview. I hadn’t quite decided for how long would I stay there, but I would most probably just go with the flow.

 

I walked hand in hand with my mother at the recreational park. While most boys are embarrassed about tagging along with their mothers, I don’t – I felt proud and tell me, why would I feel embarrassed about walking with the person who gave me the opportunity to live and to breath?

 

“Hoya-ah?” My mom called me, while her hands were clutched tightly to mine.

 

“Yes, mom?”

 

“When are you going to give me a daughter in law?”

 

I chuckled at her question. Ever since I’ve told mother about how Changsub had got himself a girlfriend, my mom had been eager to make me have one too. In fact, she had been trying to match made me with one of those girls in our neighbourhood.

 

“That one, I think mom has to wait for a little more.” I replied with a shrug.

 

I did think that mom needed to wait, for how long – that one I had no idea. Changsub said that I am a picky person. Perhaps I am but I’ve always thought that love needed time. And I’m not the type of person who would go into a relationship, if my heart isn’t ready.

 

I go big or I go home. I think I might have practiced what my coach had told me to.

 

 

 

<<>>

 

 

That very night, I tried to dig out more details about Changsub’s love life. Not that I was jealous or anything, but curiosity just happened to strike me. Somehow, I sort of felt bad for his girlfriend. Okay, I joked.

 

I gave him a call, as I lay down on my bed, flipping through the pages of the architectural magazine. That was going to be my revision for the interview in the next two days.

 

“Is she pretty?” I asked.

 

“She is perfect to me.”

 

I tittered at his cheesiness. Since when did, Lee Changsub became this much of a lovey dovey person?

 

“And what made you fell for her?”

 

“I don’t know.” He paused a while before resumed, “I guess, everything about her?”

 

I became more curious. I think I wanted to meet this girl who made my best friend; fell head over heels.  

 

 

 

<<>>

 

 

It was an early Monday morning and I woke up earlier to pack my things for the Seoul trip. I brought a few long-sleeves, buttoned shirts, two neckties to match with the shirts, the ever so important undergarments, a few pants, sleeping pajamas and of course, some of my favourite purple shirts.

 

I arranged them neatly in my luggage; I zipped it close and carried it down the stairs.

 

My mom woke up early too and she made some breakfast for me, so that I won’t go to the airport with an empty stomach. She insisted to send me to the airport, but I told her that it would only be a hassle for her, since she had to go to work too.

 

“Pack everything?”

 

“Yes sir.” I replied her and mimicked a salute.

 

“What about your passport?”

 

“I have it in my sling bag.”

 

“Your interview documents?”

 

“It’s perfectly organized in my file.”

 

I guess mom still sometimes loved to treat me as if I was that twelve years old, vulnerable boy. But I didn’t mind it though, I didn’t mind.

 

I squeezed my mom into a tight hug and I kissed her forehead, like I would always do when I was little, every morning when she walked me to school. Some kids would make fun of me for that, but I didn't care at all.

 

My heart felt somehow heavy to leave her alone at Busan – but mom always told me that sooner or later, she would have to learn to let me go and I needed to learn to become independent too.

 

She always said that I needed to spread my wings and fly high as an eagle.

 

I had long registered that in my mind – but for some reasons, I still found myself tearing up when I gave a last glance back at mother and waved her goodbye.

 

Farewell is always sad to me. 

 

 

 


CisumAmethyst: there would be so many things, the only thing I could give out so far lol.

Aejiecha: Yup, typical noisy bomi :) you'll find out soon hihi

dinobunny: That's a good prediction, but what if they don't? :p

Pistachio: It strikes me that you always pay attention to the hidden meanings and content of the story :)

eternalove5: i'm afraid that hoya might cry more than three times in the story :(