eight ;

Lavender

 

|008|

 

 

 

 

I’ve always believed that love at first sight does not exist.

 

Love at first sight to me – is a fantasy created by people who opted to believe in it.

 

I believe that love needs time to grow; love needs trust to develop and love needs two people with chemistry and an indescribable connection.

 

The seedlings of love only begin if you let someone in the door.

 

I don’t know much about her yet, but I was intrigued to do so.

 

So, tell me. Is this what they called love at first sight?

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

I decided not to approach her, and went back to my hotel’s room, instead. Like what should I expect? Like she would remember me from that day, and took me out for a lunch or something? That, I didn’t think – would happen.

 

So, I the television and lay myself down on the bed. Perhaps I was a little tired and weary after the flight thing, I found myself squeezing in for a quick nap.

 

I was only awaked after I heard my phone rang beside me. I groggily got myself up, grabbed my phone and swiped the screen to take the call.

 

“Yah-, Lee Howon why didn’t you pick up my calls just now?”

 

From that voice, in a heartbeat, I knew it was Changsub.

 

“Sorry, I fell asleep. Didn’t hear your calls.” I answered, nonchalantly, rubbing my eyes.

 

“By the way, where are you? I’m done with my work time, will be fetching you soon.”

 

“At the hotel.” I yawned a little, before continued, “That hotel you recommended me.”

 

“Sure thing. I’ll be coming over in half an hour.”

 

“Alright.”

 

After he hung up, I grabbed my towel from the luggage and went to take a quick shower. I needed to refresh myself up for a somewhat long day, ahead.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

I waited outside the hotel, right beside the entrance door, with my back leaning against the wall. The weather was just nice; it was perfect for a day out. I sent a text message to mother, to inform her that I would be going to meet Changsub and she told me to send my regards to him.

 

Mother had always like Changsub and she treated Changsub as if he is my real blood brother.  

 

I waited for a bit, entertaining myself with the applications I had in my phone, that I’ve just downloaded using the hotel’s internet access. One of those littlest things – I loved about staying at hotels.

 

I was too absorbed with my phone when I heard a car honk, across the street. I looked over my shoulder, and I saw the face that I recognized, waving me with his cheerful and giddy face.

 

I chuckled and waved him back.

 

Can you believe that after years of not seeing each other, I could finally meet my best friend back?

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

Lee Changsub is still the same Lee Changsub that I’ve known for years.

 

Albeit, he has gotten better looking these days, with his hair up and he no longer had that stupid bowl cut, his height is now almost as similar as mine or perhaps even taller. However Changsub still has those same eyes that would disappear especially when he laughed, that same annoying you-talked-too-much personality and most of all, he still felt like a long lost brother to me.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked him.

 

“To fill our empty stomach.” He replied with a chortle.

 

“Where’s your girlfriend?” That question slipped off my mouth. I guessed I was too curious.

 

“I thought you have forgotten about that.”

 

“Of course not. I need to see the unlucky girl.” I joked, shaking my head.

 

He punched my arm lightly, in retorts. And I just laughed.  

 

Just like the good, old times, it felt good to have him back in my life.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

We drove to a fancy restaurant. Changsub said that the restaurant was his favourite one in Seoul. He often went there with his parents, and sometimes, with his girlfriend.

 

We took a seat at the corner of the restaurant, where we could perfectly see the sparkling silver chandelier fan spun on the ceiling. It was definitely a fancy, fancy restaurant.

 

“Won’t your girlfriend be mad that you fetch me up, instead of her?” I asked, while sipping on the glass of water.

 

“No worries, she’s a survivor.” He replied me, with a proud smirk, and a glitter in his eyes.

 

“I bet she is. Since she survives you.”

 

Changsub narrowed his eyes at me and I raised both of my hands up. “Oops, sorry.”

 

“Speaking of the devil, she’s here.”

 

I looked out to his direction as he waved his hands, cheerfully at her.

 

I think my jaw almost dropped with what my eyes saw. You know, destiny is a funny thing.

 

So, Yoon Bomi… is his girlfriend?

 

 

 


eternalove5: stop reading my mind! hahaha XP. well, what if she isn't just a random girl kekeke.

pinkiepromise: d'awww your comments. you know, readers like you are those that keep me inspired. thank you :)

yeollipoly: thank you ^^ hope you'll enjoy the story.