twelve ;

Lavender

 

|012|

 

 

 

 

People say first love is hopeless, first love is sad and first love is purely a haughty imagination.

 

But to me, first love is also sweet, it’s lingering and it would always hold a special place in someone’s heart.

 

First love is – unforgettable.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

It was a Wednesday, and I still found myself staying at Seoul, for another day. Changsub had planned another day out for the three of us, yes, for him, me and Bomi. Remember that bowling match that he had proposed before? It turned out that the plan was cancelled last minute for both of them too, so Changsub decided to make it up for today.

 

We were at a bowling arena somewhere in Seoul, and since it was a weekday, the place wasn’t as crowded as it was usually, especially during weekends or public holidays, so we managed to get a lane, for the three of us.

 

I was sitting at a bench, tying my bowling shoe laces, when I noticed a different side of Changsub, which I found was rather sweet. Changsub crouched down on his knee, helping Bomi to tie her bowling shoe laces. You see; a lot of men, are born with huge egos and prides, and for them, to even kneel down in front of their lady – is somewhat a huge blow to their ego. But Changsub – I guess, is one of those very few men, who were willing to put down their egos for the ones they loved. That, I found it to be very admirable.

 

“Is the shoe laces tight enough?” He asked her, placing his gentle gaze on her. He was still on his knee.

 

“Umm, yes… but the shoes are smelly.” She replied, scrunching her nose.

 

Changsub laughed at her remark, and shook his head. “Of course, it is. What do you expect from shared shoes?”

 

“But your shoes are smelly too, you know.”

 

“Yah! How could you say that to your oppa?” He shot back, placing his hand on his waist.

 

And she only replied by sticking her tongue out.

 

A smile graced my lips. Those playful banters between couples, I wonder when I could actually experienced that.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

We spent almost two hours, playing bowling and instead of playing just a single match, as we had planned earlier, we were too drawn into the game; that we ended up playing three bowling games instead.

 

I wasn’t that good in bowling, and Bomi, on the hand, did twice even badly than me – as both of us, found ourselves kept on throwing the bowling balls, which sometimes flew and landed in the drain, instead. There was even once, when Bomi threw the ball, and it flew across the other people’s lane – she caused so much of a ruckus, that both Changsub and I felt like hiding our faces under the benches. At the end of the day, Changsub won all of the three matches.

 

It was almost a quarter past twelve in the afternoon, when the three of us were going to head out for a lunch, when Changsub suddenly received a phone call from his dental clinic.

 

“Guys? I’m afraid I might have to excuse myself for a while. I have a sudden patient to attend to.” Changsub looked at both of us, while scratching his forehead.

 

“Do you really have to go?” Bomi muttered slowly, in a low voice. For some reasons, I think that have might disappointed Bomi a little. I could tell – just from her face expression.

 

“I have to.” He replied back. “Is it okay for you to hang out with Hoya for a while? I promise I’ll be back.” He reassured her, softly pinching her puffy cheeks.

 

She only pouted her lips, and nodded.

 

Changsub bade us a quick goodbye afterwards, before he walked out from the bowling arena hastily. He didn’t forget to tell me to look after Bomi, and I nodded in return.

 

Of course, I would look after her – even if he didn’t say a word or two about it.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

Bomi and I had our lunch at a small restaurant, across the street, just a short walk from the bowling arena. She told me that it was her first time being there – and though she had always wanted to go there, but Changsub was always against the idea, simply because he didn’t like the way the guy waiters gave her a creepy look.

 

Right – so Changsub actually had his jealous side. But Changsub was right about the guy waiters too – I did find myself, felt uncomfortable by the way they looked at her.

 

“The guy waiter on your left keeps on staring at you.” I said to her, almost in a whisper.

 

“Really?” She replied, and looked at her left – the guy grinned, she smiled at him and somehow I glared at him, in return. I think he might have noticed that, since afterwards, he would stop staring albeit I did catch him staring at her a couple of times.

 

“It’s not a wonder, why Changsub hates this place. The guy is a creep.”

 

“He is just admiring me.” She rolled her eyes and tossed her hair. “Why? Is it a wrong thing to admire people from afar?”

 

I paused for a second, trying to figure a word. “Of course, it’s not. But it’s definitely wrong to stare at a girl as if you would want to eat them.”

 

“Gosh, you’re just like Changsub oppa.”

 

“Well, we did grow up together, remember?”

 

She rolled her eyes again, before continued, “What-e-ver, Hoya-oppa.”

 

I chuckled lightly at that, and rolled my eyes, in retorts.

 

I didn’t know why, but I felt comfortable with her – almost, too comfortable at times. It felt as if I have long known her for years, as if we both had a strange connection that I, myself, somehow couldn’t understand.

 

By the time we both finished our lunch, I learnt to call her by her nickname, Bbom – and she seemed not to mind it, either. I guess; it would be fair both of us, since she called me Hoya and I called her Bbom.

 

We spent our lunch talking about the littlest things, like how she would talk about her brother, Doojoon, who loved soccer and had a , of liking to , she would complain about how she disliked Changsub’s irregular working time – that sometimes, she would selfishly wish him to abandon the job, and helped her to work at her flower shop instead. But then, I would tell her that it was Changsub’s dream and she would be back to being an understanding girlfriend again.

 

We talked a lot that day – and I’ve learnt all sort of new, weird things about her. She liked to touch and toss her hair around; she gritted her teeth when she’s annoyed and she looked the cutest with her pouty lips. I think, I could definitely understand what Changsub meant, when he said that he loved almost everything about her.

 

Somehow, that selfish side of me – wanted to spend another day like that with Yoon Bomi. 

 

 


pinkiepromise: yknw, i'm torn between homi and hocole too lol.

CisumAmethyst: hahaha, i'm spoiling you guys with this update again XP

dinobunny: i do have something in mind for nicole :)

kiwiyu: and i love, love you for willing to read this :)

kirakirashahida: thank youuuuu. you have no idea how your one comment makes my day, really ^__^