thirteen ;

Lavender

 

|013|

 

 

 

 

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back.

 

~ John Ed Pearce

 

<<>>

 

I finally headed back to Busan on Thursday morning, after spending three nights in Seoul. As much as I liked the city and the thrills that it gave me, but somehow, somewhat, I would always find my way back to a place I called home, sweet home.

 

Changsub had squeezed in some of his limited time to send me to the airport, albeit I already told him that it would only be a hassle to him – but he still insisted that, I could only go back to Busan, if it was him who sent me back. After I did my check-in procedure, handed over my luggage, and issued my boarding pass, the only thing left to do was to enter the boarding hall.

 

“Send my regards to your mother, alright.” He said, as he patted my shoulder, before continued, “And do tell her that I miss her.”

 

“I will definitely do so.”

 

“Ahh, by the way, here’s some little gifts for you and your mom.”

 

Changsub handed me a colourful gift bag, with a red ribbon attached to its handle. I only frowned in return, but thanked him afterwards. Sometimes, Changsub’s kindness bothered me, in a good way.

 

We hugged, and parted our ways with a good goodbye. This time, it felt much better than the previous one, we had long while ago. This time, the goodbye was filled with hope, with a renewed vow – that we would meet again some time, next time.

 

 

<<>>

 

 

My mom was probably the happiest creature on earth to see me, when I came knocking on the front door, that very day. She squeezed me into a tight hug and pinched my cheeks, as if I was a ten year old again. She even cooked for me some delicious food, mostly my favourite delicacies, including kimchi stew and some egg rolls. Being a good son, I helped her out at the kitchen that night to prepare for our homemade dinner, as always, just for the two of us. It wasn’t my first time helping her; I think I’ve done that ever since I started to remember things clearly.

 

I was slicing the white onions on the cutboard, when mom started to ask me multiple questions about Changsub.

 

“How is Changsub doing?” She asked while her hands were busy flipping the egg rolls on the frying pan.

 

“He’s doing very well now, mom. He even has his own dental clinic. Like who would believe that the strange kid with a strange sense of fashion, next door would actually be a dentist.” I said, as I chuckled.

 

“Aigoo, Changsubie really grew up well. Did you send my regards to him?”

 

“Yeap, he said he misses you too, mom.”

 

We paused on our conversations for a while; when mom asked me to give her kimchi stew a try, as she spoon-fed me the stew. I blew the stew a little to cool it down, before tasting it and as soon as the taste hit me, my face automatically brightened up, giving it a sign of how delicious it tasted. My mom had always been a great cook – and what would I do without her and her homemade dishes.

 

“By the way, son, did you meet his girlfriend? How does she look? Is she kind?”

 

I found myself smiling at mother’s questions. I guess mother was just as curious as me. “Well, she’s perfect. I mean – she’s perfect for Changsub.”

 

“Really? Then she must be really amazing.”

 

I didn’t know why but my heart raced a little, when I started to think of her. I grinned, before continued, “She’s really funny, and weird too, mom. She has this loud laugh and there was one time, she made us felt so embarrassed when she threw the bowling ball, flying and people just started to laugh at her.”

 

Then, I laughed a little at that thought, shaking my head. “She’s just one of a kind.”

 

I was smiling all to myself – when I realized that mother threw a questioning look to me, with a slight smile on her face, crossing her arms.

 

“You’re not attracted to her, are you son?

 

 

<<>>

 

 

 

One of my favourite things about home – is that warmth feeling you get when you feel free to spread yourself out on the entire bed. That is in fact – one of the best feelings in the world.

 

I rested my head on my comfy pillow and started to count the glow-in-the-dark stars’ stickers, I pasted on my room’s ceiling from years ago. I had always like counting stars – somehow it reminded me of my lingering childhood memories.

 

I stopped counting at ten; when I realized that I almost forgot about the gift bag that Changsub gave me, earlier in the morning, at the airport.

 

I reached my hand for the gift bag I placed on the side table. I untied the ribbon and found a few things inside is, including a silk scarf, and a box of herbal drinks for my mother. I also noticed a rectangular, thin box, which had my name written on it.

 

When I opened the box, I saw a brand new, purple-coloured, necktie. I pluck out a small card hidden inside it and read the content.

 

A purple necktie for a guy who loves purple ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I noticed how the fabrics of the edge of your necktie was damaged when you lent me a hand at the flower shop that other day. I thought it would be nice of me to give you something in return for your help.

Thank you Hoya-oppa. I hope you like it! ^^

 

It was from Bomi. I curved my lips into a smile. Her scribbled handwriting somewhat reminded me of her unique personality as well.

 

Yoon Bomi – I muttered her name in between the thin air.

 

My long train of thoughts were distracted when I heard a beep sound coming from my phone. I swiped the screen to read the text message. The message was from an unknown number.

 

A candy a day keeps the sadness away. Good night ( ̄ー ̄)

 

I stared hard at my phone’s screen. What?

 

 

 


I feel like the story is progressing rather slowly :|

eternalove5: yoon siblings ftw for me too!! hahaha XD you might need to remind me some time later, cause i'm starting to feel like not updating so soon lol.

pinkiepromise: aww, it makes me sad too, yknw. idk why but when i think of homi, i think of sad things :/

CisumAmethyst: mystery, mystery lol. i guess you have to wait until the story unfolds /throwsmyaegyobacktoyou/