“Come find me”

Time is Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eighteen – “Come find me”

[1802 words – 2012.10.28]

 

Sunggyu had gone from Infinite, forever.

It was hard without Sunggyu. All Infinite members had felt it when they still had to work despite the leave of their leader. Everyone had known that Infinite’s leader had to leave because of his sickness, and as the time went by, it was not weird anymore to have Infinite as a six-member group.

“Yah, Lee Sungjong, don’t eat too much before concert! You might vomit because of the nervousness!”

There was Nam Woohyun’s nonsense again that made Sungjong rolled his eyes, didn’t believe it obviously. And they were already professional enough to not get that nervous on their fourth concert.

It was already the third year after their debut. Everything remained the same except that the leader spot remained as void. They didn’t find anyone suitable enough to be their leader, even though they liked to mock on Sunggyu’s leadership ability back then and bluffing that they could do better.

“Shut up Nam Woohyun,” Sungjong said as he plopped down another piece of bread into his mouth, gulping it right away as he got a glare from Woohyun. “…hyung.”

“Aish, this kid,” Woohyun grumbled, reaching out to smack on Sungjong’s head.

Sungjong dodged it, of course. “What the hell, hyung? Even Sunggyu hyung is not allowed to hit my head!” Sungjong said, quickly shut up as he got another glare from Woohyun, and he went silent by himself.

“Anyway, don’t eat too much!” Woohyun finally said before he turned back, squeezing his forehead with his thumb and middle finger. It’s not like he had completely forget about his Gyu hyung. It’s different without the leader who always said cool things in the backstage.

But he was not the person who got the greatest impact by Sunggyu’s sudden disappearance. Myungsoo did, and he was a great actor, since he could manage to act like nothing had happened and went with his packed schedules as usual.

Or better to said, Myungsoo was working too hard since Sunggyu left, filling his schedules so the only free time he had was only spent for sleeping. Everyone could see how tired he was by now, working his off for a year.

“Alright, guys!” Woohyun shouted, getting the attentions from all the members. “Let’s go, Infinite!”

 

 

Sunggyu inhaled a deep breath as he stood outside the building. It was Infinite’s concert venue, the fourth concert since their debut. His lips formed a smile as he saw the big board outside of the venue, showing the six members smiled to him.

It’s been a while, Infinite. He thought, going to enter the venue through the back door, as he got a special invitation from the CEO who had known about his arrival in Seoul just yesterday.

Sunggyu had spent like a year overseas. Yes, he was undergoing the operation and the therapy. And no, he didn’t get his voice back. Guess that everything wouldn’t be as smooth as in the dramas and novels, where the main character would live happily ever after with whatever he had from before he got the illness.

He lost the most precious thing in his life, and now he was staring at those six guys, singing so beautifully on the stage. He should have his heart crushed by the jealousy now. But he had gotten enough of it already. He already had another thing to treat even more precious than his voice.

His life; and the people around him

But it looked like he still had that problem about the punctuality, as he was already late to the concert. They’re already singing the encore, and having fun all around the stage, so like Infinite.

I should just ask for the DVD later. He shrugged, going to leave the concert venue to the backstage, looking for the toilet, the toilet that was so empty. Of course no one would want to miss the show only for toilet, no one but Sunggyu.

Sunggyu watched his own reflection on the mirror after he had done his business, pondering if he should go to the backstage and meet everyone else. But it was too sudden for him, especially with the limite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter