“I will be nothing”

Time is Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen – “I will be nothing”

[1500 words – 2012.10.18]

 

They went back to Korea after the recording had done. Everything was back to the former condition, except that the dating agreement between Sunggyu and Myungsoo had been canceled. Not officially, since Sunggyu was the one who pulled away from it.

Sunggyu had tried to take it easy, pretending that nothing had really happened. But he just couldn’t do it. Everything was different now.

“Why are you dazing off?”

Sunggyu jolted on his seat as he heard Woohyun’s voice coming from the side, and he turned at him with a frightened face, noticing that it was really Nam Woohyun, next to him, at this hospital corridor.

“Why are you here?” Sunggyu hissed, keeping his voice low.

“I followed you here! Since I know that you have the doctor appointment today!” he said, casually slinging his hand over Sunggyu’s shoulder. And that was when the nurse was calling his name to go into the examination room, making him unable to send Woohyun away at this point.

Sunggyu just sighed as Woohyun followed him into the room, just hoping that the doctor would not say anything unnecessary, as he hadn’t told Woohyun all the details yet.

“Ah, Sunggyu yah, how are you?” Dr. Hyomin greeted him with a smile as soon as he entered the room, signing him to go straight to the nurse for the weight and blood pressure check while she’s waiting on the examination bed. She turned at Woohyun and waved slightly at him. “Ah, you’re Sunggyu’s teammate, right? Hello! It’s the first time Sunggyu brings anyone here!”

“I’m Sunggyu’s right hand, Woohyun! Nice to meet you, Doctor…Hyomin? Nice name,” Woohyun smiled cheekily at him.

“Alright, doc, let’s just get to the examination,” Sunggyu said as he sat on the bed, cutting the talk between Woohyun and Hyomin so they wouldn’t talk too much.

The examination just went like usual, just Hyomin asking him for the new development, and he surely had none. Until the end of the examination, and Hyomin’s face was not any better than from the last examinations.

“Gyu, you really don’t want to do the operation soon, I—“

“Doc!” Sunggyu quickly cut her again, feeling sorry as he saw her shocked face when he exclaimed like that. “I’m sorry…but…we’ve talked about it a lot,” he said, nibbling nervously on his lower lip. He didn’t even dare to turn at Woohyun to see if he caught it just now.

“Alright…just think about it again, okay?” Hyomin said at last, and just like that, the examination was ended with the new medicines added to Sunggyu’s list. Four type of pills.

 

The walk home was unusually normal, although Sunggyu didn’t talk too much. He was relieved that Woohyun didn’t mention anything about the operation and all, and Sunggyu was almost concluding that Woohyun didn’t hear it.

It turned out that it was too soon to be relieved.

“Hyung, did I just hear about you’re refusing to undergo the operation?” Woohyun said as soon as they entered the bedroom, and Sunggyu was sure that Woohyun was really getting rid of his cheerful and happy image that he just showed to the others like some minutes ago.

“It’s…It’s none of your business,” Sunggyu muttered, turning his back at Woohyun as he rummaged through his bag just to make him look busy, even when he didn’t.

“Seriously, Kim Sunggyu,” Woohyun snapped. He grabbed on Sunggyu’s elbow and turned him back, almost making their faces bump together at the strong force he used. “This is a matter o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter