“Give me a month to end this all.”

Time is Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter one – “Give me a month to end this all.”

[1657 words – 12.09.11]

 

It was a big day for everyone in the company, as Infinite once again won the award. Their promotion was already ended, but the non-stop schedules for them were like the ones that gave the highest profit for Woollim Entertaiment.

Little did everyone knew, the atmosphere inside the CEO’s room was the total opposite from the rest of the rooms, or even Infinite’s dorm when every member was having a little party. Every member, except Sunggyu, because the said man was the one who made the atmosphere inside the room darkened.

“Is this for real?”

Sunggyu didn’t even dare to look up at Jungyeop’s intimidating stare. His fingernails were digging painfully into the skin of his palms, suppressing the feelings, the guilt, whatever he was feeling at the moment.

The CEO actually didn’t need his answer, because the papers on his hand had already explained everything. It was just hard for him not to get angry at someone, even when he knew that Sunggyu was the most suffering one here.

“Vocal cords tumor,” he threw the papers onto the table, leaving the sofa only to walk around in despair, coming back to slam his palms on the table, right in front of Sunggyu. “What do you want to do now, Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu shook his head, biting his lip as he also didn’t know what to respond him with.

“Answer me!” he shouted. It didn’t take long for him to realize Sunggyu’s teary eyes as the guy looked up at him. It was the first time he saw Infinite’s almighty leader in this hopeless situation, and he couldn’t help to feel responsible for this as well.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault,” he finally calmed down, sitting back on the sofa next to Sunggyu and pat the younger man’s back. “You should do the operation.”

“No,” Sunggyu quickly said, turning his attention to Jungyeop with an impassive face, jaw clenched tight as if he was holding a painful shot. “I would lose my voice if I do that.”

“And you would die if you don’t do that.”

Sunggyu nodded, clearly knew about that fact. “I’d rather die than losing my voice, hyung,” he said with a weak smile, showing the man that it’s not really matter for him, that he was alright with that.

“Either way, you would have to leave us,” the older man brought his hand to his hair, ruffling it in frustration. “Pick the wisest decision, Gyu. You’re already like my own son.”

Sunggyu nodded, thinking for a moment before he spoke up a question again, the question that bothered him the most since it was the most important thing he had right now. The only thing left for him. “Will you kick me from Infinite?”

 “Not now,” the CEO said, sighing as he knew the best what Sunggyu thought. “Let’s see if there’s a difference in the future.”

“A month.”

He frowned, turning to Sunggyu with a clear confusion in his eyes. Sunggyu had that determined and hopeful expression on his face, just like when he saw him for the first time during the audition, and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to refuse him.

“Give me a month to end this all.”

 

-----♦-----

 

 

Myungsoo didn’t enjoy their small celebration party at all. He only stared—or rather glaring—at the other members who were celebrating their last win on the music shows. He didn’t even know why he was still there when his mind surely wasn’t with him at that moment.

He held onto the girl’s hand, trying to put more emotions to his eyes that were already watery because of the tears. The girl was looking at him with a painful expression that was supposed to crush his heart, but he didn’t feel anything at all.

“Cut, Myungsoo. How could you call this acting?” the glasses man, Kim Soojun, approached them with fire in his eyes. He was Myungsoo’s acting teacher, and they were in the class right now, acting class that Myungsoo had to take because he got chosen as the main character for a drama.

“You have tears in your eyes, but your expression was clearly an act, not pure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter